• entries
  • comments
  • views

About this blog

Rosedale Shingle Pattern

Entries in this blog

Rosedale Shingle Pattern (step 1)

My Rosedale Shingle Pattern Tutorial I tried to mimic the pattern shown on the dollhouse kit box, but mine was modified a little. I should start with the supplies I used. I purchased from DollhousesandMore.com the Diamond Shaped Cedar Shingles. Currently they are priced $19.99 for 1000 pk bag. They were not that much when I bought mine. I did use hot glue. Hot glue is not recommended for building, but I do use it for applying shingles. I glued the shingles right on the roof, I

Diana M.

Diana M.

Rosedale Shingle Pattern (step 2)

The first step is to determine the center of your roof section. Place your first shingle (in gray) in the center. Then work your way out from each side. For the first row of shingles, I always use the flat ends.

Diana M.

Diana M.

Rosedale Shingle Pattern (step 3)

The next row (2nd) is done in gray followed by a black row (3rd). The fourth row is also done in black, but bring the tip of your diamond shaped shingle to the center of the second row creating a small diamond shape. (Row 3 will have small diamond shapes)

Diana M.

Diana M.

Rosedale Shingle Pattern (step 4)

The next step (5th row) you begin your flower pattern. Locate the center and add your first gray shingle. Then on each side of the gray you will add black shingles. This row will have a rotation of gray and black shingles.

Diana M.

Diana M.

Rosedale Shingle Pattern (step 5)

The next step (6th row) above the centered gray shingle you want to add 2 gray shingles. Then from each side of the gray add black shingles. This row will be a rotation of 2 gray and 2 black.

Diana M.

Diana M.

Rosedale Shingle Pattern (step 7)

The next step (row 8) will be done in black. Row 9 in black but bring the tip of the diamond of the shingle down to create a small diamond shape in row 8. In this entry the first picture is the second step. For some reason I couldn't get it to post in correct order.

Diana M.

Diana M.