• entries
  • comments
  • views

About this blog

A Georgian Townhouse in 1:144 Micro Scale

Entries in this blog

Electrician at Work

Sunday, June 23, 2013 I do wish RL would stay out of my way! I had a little time yesterday to work on minis, but spent much of it packing up the little room box I had made for my sister. I've learned a few things from the big companies that mail miniatures to me - pack them with LOTS of padding! I now have a cigar box cushioned in the center of a 17" square box. And my own copy of the same room box isn't quite finished, so I worked on that for awhile, too. Then, when that was clamped and

CheckMouse

CheckMouse

Delving into History

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 Didn't have much time to mini the last two days, but I did do some research, and starting planning the wallpaper. And, much to my surprise, this little house has a mind of its own! I know the bigger builds sort of take over and "speak" what they want to be, but until now the micros I've built have just been a build - follow the directions and hope it turns out okay. This one is different. I started browsing through the micro websites and found these people -

CheckMouse

CheckMouse

Endwalls and Chimneys

June 16, 2013 Sunday is Father's Day, a national holiday, and DH is out of town, ergo no fancy dinner to prepare. No, the bills are not all paid and the laundry is not all finished, but I have declared it to be another Mini Day! Got a lot of painting done - all the outside walls, and put a second coat of paint on the stairways. When that is all settled and dried I am supposed to paint a red "carpet" on the stairways. That might be tricky! I also got the chimneys glued to the side wa

CheckMouse

CheckMouse

Building the Walls

6/16/2013 Saturday Finally got some more mini-time today. I love the explicit directions on this kit and the pictures that go with it. I seem to be moving very slowly on it, but I don't want to make a mistake. I pushed RL to one side on Saturday and minied all afternoon and evening - with a "Murder She Wrote" marathon going on the TV. Here's the painted base and front and back steps, assembled, but not yet glued. I still had a little trouble understand

CheckMouse

CheckMouse

Starting with the Steps

Started the actual construction, finally. This was a very peaceful mini-day. Got the base painted, top and bottom, just to keep it from warping. Put together the front and back steps and the walls that they connect to. After the paint is completely dry I will put them together. I am very impressed with the precision of this kit - everything is lined up perfectly! As long as I don't mess it up by letting it slip while gluing it should be great! I used "Krylon - Make It Stone

CheckMouse

CheckMouse

Starting with the Steps

Started the actual construction, finally. This was a very peaceful mini-day. Got the base painted, top and bottom, just to keep it from warping. Put together the front and back steps and the walls that they connect to. After the paint is completely dry I will put them together. I am very impressed with the precision of this kit - everything is lined up perfectly! As long as I don't mess it up by letting it slip while gluing it should be great! I used "Krylon - Make It Stone

CheckMouse

CheckMouse

Lining up all the Pieces

June 5, 2013 I got an email response from the makers of my little kit, and yes, the piece was supposed to be in the box! She will be mailing it to me ASAP. This kit is made in England and I thought I was fluent in "British" but I'm finding some words I don't know. One of them is "sticky ply" - found out that it is a sheet with an adhesive back to it. Had to look up the word "chamfer" - the instruction sheet said to "chamfer the vertical edges". Okay - I'll get right on that

CheckMouse

CheckMouse

And so we Begin ...

I got all the pieces laid out on the table last night, and began checking them off the master list. I am impressed with the instructions included with the kit! I've built other micro kits that have one small page of instructions, no pictures, and - for me - not enough details. Can't say that about this one! There are FIVE page of instructions, printed in 10-pt type on 8.5" X 12" paper; and five more pages with pictures of the part-sheets, and then colored pictures and diagrams of how to build t

CheckMouse

CheckMouse

Georgian Town House in 1:144 Micro Scale

My long-awaited kit from England has arrived! This will be my ninth micro build from a kit and I decided to blog this one. Interest in the micro scales seems to be increasing on this forum, so maybe I can be of help to someone else - and maybe I can get valued advice from others! I have to finish up one more project and then I will begin this awesome little house!

CheckMouse

CheckMouse