• entries
  • comments
  • views

About this blog

Big adventures within a small collection

Entries in this blog

You either are or you aren’t a doll’s house person

“The real thing is a total fascination which does not go away.” http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/06/dolls-houses-little-windows-on-past-lauren-child “I can never remember a time I wasn’t fascinated by doll’s houses,” says Lauren Child, the author and illustrator. Her version of The Princess and the Pea, set in a doll’s house, is republished this month, and next year she will present a BBC documentary on the Museum of Childh

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Willowcrest with an addition

I like how this looks from the outside. THe siding needs a little help, but I like the windows - this was apparently a bash of two houses - not sure which one was used as the addition. Love the windows on the attic addition.    

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Washington State hosts Emma and Jack

Emma and Jack show they are capable of using the internet like all their Greenleaf friends: A visit to Checkmouse's grand federal manor: A walk in the woods - no lions or tigers, but definitely bears (oh my): Emma had a nice and relaxing Christmas in Washington - and got caught up on email:

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Wallpaper templates - Lundby does it, Greenleaf should think about it

https://lundby.com/en/diy/byt-tapet/#fbox If that doesn't work, try https://lundby.com/en/ and select the Wallpaper link. It lets you choose a house, then a room and it will create a PDF template for the walls of that room...I LOVE IT.  I wish Greenleaf would consider this level of investment as they make their laser houses. I know since each build can vary, the templates might not be perfect (Lundby is so pre-manufactured I know it is eas

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Visiting Strawberry Patch house and The Arthur

Emma continued her amazing tour of The Netherlands with visits to some nearby houses. Here she is at Strawberry Patch House (belonging to Wytchy's sister!): Where a nice dinner was hosted: And later she visited the Arthur - which appears to be inhabited by two charming elderly ladies: The parlor is wonderfully victorian and velvety: Looks like Emma has made some new and good doll-friends.

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

The Doll People house kit by Deb Young

Deb Young no longer sells this amazing limited edition kit - and it doesn't appear on her site (http://youngatheartminiatures.com/shop/)  anymore probably because she was inundated with fans wanting a kit that is no longer available. But I saw photos and it was amazing. I am posting some below. The 2nd floor hallway with tall ceiling and tall book cases is such a great idea for a hallway. I'm going to try that in a 1:12 house.  I also like how the small rooms have such tall ceilings...it

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Ten things we have discovered about Emma so far

Once again, Emma's hosts have helped me to see more of her personality - so here's my list of ten things I have learned about Emma so far: 1 - Emma can (and loves to) ride dutch bikes 2 - Emma loves cheese and chocolate 3 - Emma's dog (named Dog) is scared of cats 4 - Emma can ride horses - bareback 5 - Emma is always willing to paint houses, inspect buildings, and push baby carriages - at the drop of a hat! 6 - Dog is not afraid of heights (as evidence

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Link to Fay Zerbolio's huge dollhouse

So I tend to come across fun links that are neither craigslist/ebay related, nor news/TV miniature related - but are more like archival links to interesting pictures of other people's stuff...OK, so maybe more like a Pinterest page, but I'd rather just share them straight with you instead of making people log in to Pinterest or dealing with that. Today's find: http://fayzerplace.homestead.com/Dollhouse.html You can

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

InPayne's Haunted Pierce

I love this Haunted Pierce: http://www.inpayne.com/dollhouse/dollhouse06.html The living and diningrooms of her haunted Pierce - I love the opening/hidden door in the staircase!!   She has wonderful dollhouses:http://www.inpayne.com/dollhouse/dollhouses.html And Roomboxes: http://www.inpayne.com/dollhouse/roomboxe

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Halloween in the Lone Star state

I think Emma's costume is lovely!! And Jack's pumpkin head is quite charming. Reminds me a little of the Headless horseman, but much nicer. Like most American children at Halloween, Jack is literally swimming in candy: Awwww - it looks like a romantic halloween gift was given by Jack:

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Glencroft with cool addition

I came across this on Pinterest and I love the addition and the garden work: http://robincarey.blogspot.sg/2008/11/tudor-cottage.html?m=1  

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Emma's adventure begins in Gouda, South Holland

Got an update from Wytchy on Emma's visit - it looks like it's going really well. Wytchy has an album of pics she is gathering from the visit - and I thought I'd post just a few to give an idea of how much fun Emma is having. Here's a lovely view of the local landscape: Emma had breakfast with the lady of the house in the lovely diningroom (what a well laid table!): And it appears Emma borrowed a traveling cloak: And

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Emma works on the Gloucester (and other things)

Emma likes to help, so it looks like Sue obliged her by having her help out with the Gloucester: Went to work with Sue at Tim Hortons: A visit to Strawberry Patch House: To lunch with Gabriel: Visited the twins at the Lemon Twist house: And took them for a walk (Emma was a governess for several of my houses, so she likes to do this): I

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Emma tours Ottawa

Look who is tucked neatly into the giant moose guard's uniform: What an adventuress! She is obviously getting over her Moosephobia. Emma's sightseeing included the parliament buildings and a monument to peacekeepers: As well as a view of the American embassy: Hanging out with a giant 1/12th scale flying magical creature: Enjoying the bounty of Canadian farms: Visit

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Emma says farewell to Ottawa (and Canada)

What a great visit to Ottawa! Emma toured the famous bashed Glencroft of Ottawa: Got a peek at the upcoming Olympic mascots for 2010 (totally cool): Enjoyed Liza's collection (the cutest guinea pigs are on the floor!!): Check out the hospital corners on that bed! Liza keeps those rooms in order with military precision! And packed up (with cute good luck charms/souvenirs) ready to head to Pastalinda:

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Emma makes it to North Carolina

Emma appeared to go AWOL for a few days (rumor has it she flirts with postal workers a bit much), but Badlilkit was able to expedite her to North Carolina for her next stop (thanks Badlilkit!!). LPcullen has put Emma up in a fabulous little cottage: The cottage is to die for - Emma leads a charmed life.

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Emma makes it to California!

Emma made it all the way to California for the end of November, early December. She was very clever too book her trip this way and stay just ahead of the cold eastcoast/midwest weather. After much romance, horse back riding, and motorcycle rides, DollhouseDiva pampered Emma like no one's business: The serenity of DollhouseDiva's beautiful collection: A photo favorite of mine - Emma relaxing at a pub (what a gorgeous scene!!):

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Emma made it to Canada!

Sue let me know Emma made it safely - and has created an album of photos. What a lovely welcome: And what a fantastic guest room: You can see that Emma is traveling with a dog (a distant relative of Molly the Moose I believe)...but he has no name. Perhaps it is just "Dog". I like that Sue has pointed out that Dog is afraid of cats. Very cute. Freshening up in the cheery bathroom: Dinne

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Emma is introduced to North Carolina's High Society

Sound the horns! The big hunting event of the year (though I think they aren't actually hunting, but just riding): A visit to the townhouse: And into the cheery yellow drawing room of the other townhouse couple: And a carriage ride in a beautiful carriage! And more lion taming: (I don't know who looks more startled - I think Emma is testing Chloe's patience)

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Emma inspects Nechee's Beacon Hill

Emma spent a quiet visit at Nechee's place (for Emma it was quiet - for Nechee, it sounded quiet busy and probably loud with all the children at the house this summer!) Here she is with her dog - carefully inspecting Nechee's work: Be careful, little dog! That roof looks great. And now, Emma heads to her last stop on the Canadian leg of the tour - to Liza's house (lmgervais)!

Elsbeth

Elsbeth

Emma in lmgervais' garden (and Smurfopolis)

Emma arrived at Liza's in record time! Thanks Nechee!! Liza put some photos up right away and I had to giggle at the smurf visit!! The smurfs look pretty riled up by Emma's presence! As you can see this is a full blown Smurfopolis: And here's Emma relaxing in the garden - what a gorgeous lush and green garden: The pond is exquisite: Looks so nice and cool there. Lucky Emma!

Elsbeth

Elsbeth