• entries
  • comments
  • views

About this blog

My take on the Coventry Cottage

Entries in this blog

Coventry Cottage - Day 7

So yesterday I started putting the first coat of paint onto the house. I listened to my husband this time, (instead of trusting my gut) and painted the house green...(well bad idea)... The green that I painted it, looked more like grass, baby peas or maybe even something that comes out of my infant's diaper...it looks AWFUL!!! I moved away from that and started priming the rest of the house pieces, I used plastering compound to fill in the holes on the porch roof whe

minifan

minifan

Coventry Cottage - Day 6

Day 6 - So you could actually count this as day 6, 7 and 8...(because it took me three days to do everything I've done so far!!!) Friday we took a trip to the craft store and I got more paint, some flooring supplies, some Mod Podge and more scrapbook paper. When we got home I re-cut all the wall paper for each room, I finished this on Saturday morning. On Saturday I started finishing assembling the Corona Concepts furniture kits. I cheated and ended up

minifan

minifan

Coventry Cottage - Day 5

Day 5 - So after gluing it all together and making a trip to Michaels for some supplies, I primed the house. I used Gesso, (which I'd heard a lot about and all good things, so I decided to try it). I LOVE it, I will not go back to anything else now having used it. I thought it was a little pricey, but ended up getting a 50% off coupon on my reciept, so I'll go get the tub of it with that coupon. I primed the whole house, inside and out. I figured since it needed to be

minifan

minifan

Coventry Cottage - Day 1, 2, 3 & 4

So I had an original blog about the Coventry, deleted it because I thought I was going to sell the kit, ended up keeping the kit, and am now putting it together and going back to blogging about it!!! So I bought my kit off of Ebay, and if I could recommend anything to anyone, I wouldn't suggest doing this. I think that you get a great deal, but what you are buying (most of the time) is seconds or something that might have been sitting in wet storage for a while...wet + wood = crap!

minifan

minifan