• entries
  • comments
  • views

About this blog

This blog will strictly be a journal regarding the building of Moggie Manor, and the family history and adventures of it's residents

Entries in this blog

A Prodigal's Return..I"m baaack!

I'm baaaack! Shame on me for not pursuing this blog. But as it so happens, GL revamped their site, and I had trouble settling in, so I got frustrated and gave up. Now I'm back, and determined to learn our new format. I've gotten a lot done since I last posted here. Most of the rooms in Moggie Manor (RGT's EastSide Townhouse ) are wallpapered, and I've managed to come up with some very nice furnishings, although many of them are not permanent. Still it does my heart go

MerriMagic

MerriMagic

Living with limiations..it's FRUSTRATING

This last week and a half hasn't been all that great for my miniwork. I started off doing very well, but now my physical limitations are catching up with me. Darn it..it's bad enough that my 'bad' hand is useless in doing any kind of craftwork. I'm lucky to be able to open and close it once on a good day. But when my 'good' hand and arm declare mutiny, it's both frightening and frustrating. I use a variety of assistance tools in working with my minis. But t

MerriMagic

MerriMagic

Builders Entry #3 Squatters

Well, I've been working all day on Moggie Manor..stopping only to fix meals for myself and my furkids. Zeb is out of town, so I've been on a roll. It's nice to have the house to one's self for a change.. So imagine my surprise when I turned away from the house, only to find, when I turned back, that two small entities had muscled their way onto this prime piece of property, possibly intending to make their home. Reduced 77% 855 x 642 (33.84K)// Reduced 79% 876 x 933 (1

MerriMagic

MerriMagic

Builder's Blog entry # 2: Slow progress. Floor and wall patterns

Tonite I'm cutting floor patterns for each of Moggie Manor's floors. Then I can have them ready to go as I work on each room. I'm also cutting patterns for each room's wallpaper. they'll all go into a portfolio so I can pull them out when I need them. I will be ordering wallpapers next week, and have that ready too. I suppose the next step is electrification..and I'm still on the fence about tapewire vs roundwire, but so far I'm almost sure I'll do a combination. So I'll be thinking

MerriMagic

MerriMagic

Builders Blog entry # 1. Assembling the shell, and painting windows

On Saturday, January 8th, I enlisted the help of my hubby, Zeb, and put together the basic shell for my dollhouse, Moggie Manor. In other entries, I explained the history of Moggie Manor's soon to be, residents. But in this entry, and others like it, I will deal with the actual building and furnishing of the house. All entries having to do with the actual construction of the house will have the prefix "Builder's Entry" in their subject heading. Post entries that deal with family hi

MerriMagic

MerriMagic

A History: Moggie Manor's residents.

I've mentioned the Bellz sisters, and their house-elf, Pook, and just recently, their young great nephew, Ian..a few times in the forums. Of late, many of the members have confided that they too, take great delight in creating characters to populate their mini dwellings. These same people also delight in sharing the details of their mini-families with the rest of us. So I'd like to do that too. In this post, are brief outlines..of the Bellz sisters..Tinntabula and Acap

MerriMagic

MerriMagic

A History: Moggie Manor..Endings and Beginnings

I only have room for one good-sized dollhouse in my own, dollhouse sized real life home, so I had to think carefully about a theme. I wanted it to be something that I'd always enjoy looking at. In the end, it wasn't really hard: I've a great love for fantasy, and magic in general, and Rowling's Harry Potter series seemed to be the right interface. Even those who don't believe in real witches and wizards, often seem to take delight in Harry Potter and his friends, and Rowling's delig

MerriMagic

MerriMagic