• entries
  • comment
  • views

About this blog

Demolition and Rehab of the Pierce/Annabelle dollhouse.

Entries in this blog

Walls

I have started on the walls, the wallpaper just flakes off,except where the glue is. So I had to sand it off. I spackled the walls, let them sit overnight and gave them a good sanding the next day. I am starting to prime the walls now and they are sucking up the primer. !!! Even after a coat of spackle. I'm still working on the foundation, still have a few pieces to prime. Then to decide how I am finishing that. I am thinking of cement blocks, gotta go measure them on my real house before I star

kellee

kellee

Pierce/Annabelle foundation

Well, I had to cut new pieces of foundation, some of the pieces were missing. Got those all cut, and now I am waiting not patiently for the glue to dry. Once the foundation is completely put together, I will paint it and decide how I am going to finish it. I am thinking of using egg carton stone. It's cheap and easy to do. The foundation pieces that were still here have some big chunks taken out so using the egg carton will cover that up nicely.

kellee

kellee

Demolition day

Well, today was the big day ! She is completely torn down to a pile. This was an interesting demo. I have no clue what glue was used but it was weird. Lol. The wallpaper is so brittle it just crumbles. The staircase is in good shape other than one board at the top the was snacked on by Mr. Mouse. He also was a good little mouse and used the bathroom as his restroom as well. Found some droplets under the paper. Lol. Mr. Mouse does not live here, this had to be from the previous owner of the house

kellee

kellee