• entries
  • comment
  • views

About this blog

Renovating my first dollhouse

Entries in this blog

Sanding, sanding, and more sanding

September 10, 2013 Spent 4 hours today removing more paint, paper, varnish, and glue. After the last few days of disassembly and cleanup I have to say I have a renewed respect for sanding the product before assembly. As I said before, this was my first house and I knew next to nothing about finishes. Although I gave the pieces a light sanding to remove splinters and jagged edges before I put it together, I see now the benefits of doing a complete and thorough sanding.

Ravenswing

Ravenswing

Love The New Multi-Max

September 4, 2013 Not much time today for mini work, but this is what I got accomplished so far today. After a couple of hours of hand scraping and peeling I managed to get most of the wallpaper, varnish, and glue off my walls. September 6, 2013 Well I just had myself a Multi Max ball today. My soap operas were preempted by the U.S. Open, so that meant extra mini time. Since I couldn’t be “Young and Restless” or “Bold and Beautiful”, t

Ravenswing

Ravenswing

New Tools For a Tough Job

August 29, 2013 My new Dremel arrived on Monday and I spent the day getting acquainted with it. I am thoroughly and completely in love with this new tool. It came with a flexible scraper blade, a wood flush cut blade, a blade for wood, plastic and drywall, a blade for removing grout, and two different types of sanding pads – one for removing paint and varnish and one for straight sanding. In just a couple of hours I was able to ta

Ravenswing

Ravenswing

The Fairfield Rehab Blog

The Fairfield Rehab Blog August 22, 2013 A BIG thank you to Emily (FOV) for entering the Greenleaf mechanism and erasing the extra two blogs the forum created when I tried to post. Thanks Fov. Today I will be starting the rehab process on my first dollhouse, the ½ inch scale Fairfield. This completed dollhouse has been sitting on a cabinet in my living room since it was made, and for several months now it has been calling out to me to pay attention t

Ravenswing

Ravenswing