pats' Blog

• entries
  • comments
  • views

About this blog

Building the Orchid (Finally)

Entries in this blog

a little more

My progress is so slow I'm wondering if I should even bother to post an entry. But it's keeping me working on the build, so I'll just add a picture when I get a little more done.

pats

pats

coming along

Dividing time between the weaving studio and working on the dollhouse, so it's going slow. I'm also realizing that I probably have ADD because I can only spend a few hours on any one thing. I take a break with something else, then go back next day. Whatever works, right? At least the house is out of the closet!

pats

pats

some progress today

Started a new album with some pics for the shabby orchid. I'm a slowpoke, but I have to say I'm really enjoying building this little house. Will start adding the windows when the paint is dry. Trickiest part so far was leaving room for the double hung window frame when putting on the wallpaper. I'm hoping little curtains will hide any mistakes. MANY thanks to More Mini's explanation and pics on how to do these windows at her website.

pats

pats

trying to get this blog airborne

Don't know if this will work, but I'll try and post a progress report. I'm going to start painting and assembling the dreaded double hung windows. More Minis gave a link on her website to a tutorial on them that Deb Roberts did in 2008 and I printed it out for a reference while I do this. Wish me luck!

pats

pats

Starting the Orchid

So far, house shell is glued and dry. Glued in second floor tonight; took some maneuvering because that piece is warped, even though I left it under weights overnight. Also have sanded and painted 3 coats on window frames. I'm finding that common sense and other members' comments are helping way more than the kit directions. Trying to keep thinking ahead to avoid any big mistakes. Greatest progress today was removing a huge splinter from my right hand. You've heard of defensive driving? W

pats

pats