• entries
  • comments
  • views

About this blog

Intro to the project HERE

Recently started my Glencroft Build on 7/18/2016.  Follow my progress here on my blog!

Entries in this blog

The Glencroft: Day 4-5

TGIF! Im am so happy with the progress of my Glencroft!  I started yesterday by gluing some of the remaining facade pieces. The upstairs gables were glued in and I was able to finally make my sub-walls out of foam board for the upstairs! (See pictures below).  Once I finally had the front walls all tacked, I was able to start planning the Stone Portico/Porch that I will be adding to the front.  I plan on making this out of 3/4 plywood to g

chrisatoledo

chrisatoledo

The Glencroft: Day 2-3

Happy Thursday! Yesterday ended up being a much more productive day than I had previously anticipated. I picked up a couple sheets of foam board and traced and cut out all my sub-walls!  Since I thought this would take much longer, I ended up having time to finally start gluing the house together!   I ended up gluing almost the entire front facade. The fireplace wall and staircase will be glued in later after I pre-finish the staircase pie

chrisatoledo

chrisatoledo

The Glencroft: Day Two, Pt. 1

Good Morning!  So Im very excited that all my kit-bashed pieces that I set overnight came out great! The new front facade fits perfect together. You can see in the picture below that the bottom window no longer overhangs but goes down to the ground now. I did this because I will eventually be covering that part of the facade in stone and thought it would look better, plus, it gave me more room to make the window slighly taller from the top and bottom. The livingro

chrisatoledo

chrisatoledo

First Days

So I finally received my kit and couldnt have been more excited. A few hours,  and about 2000 splinters later... I had all my pieces out and labeled. I also received the fireplace mantle that I was going to jimmy into the livingroom wall.  The first thing I wanted to focus on was the initial kit-bashing.  Since I had all the pieced loose and easy to work with, I marked off all my lines and made all the cuts and I can already envision all the finishes!  The major K

chrisatoledo

chrisatoledo