Johnson Towers

• entries
  • comments
  • views

About this blog

I am currently working on Toadstool Studios 786 "High Rise" an apartment building. With some eventual modifications to the plan, the apartment will have a basement support to hold the house, 4 shops on the bottom floor, and an apartment for each "shop owner" above, with the penthouse possibly being a loft. An additional apartment lobby entry is going to be added. My idea is to create a very modern setting with an adult theme or two.

large.FB_IMG_1514367757544.jpg.404acc598aac20140f1e886d3f226bee.jpg

Entries in this blog

Tiny Houses, No, Really

So, I live in a tiny house. Like, literally. It's 280 square feet. It's a vintage travel trailer from the 50s. I do have my old trailer, which I use mainly for storage, where I'm currently purging, with the goal of eventually getting everything down so that eventually, life can be lived in under 700 square feet. But it brings up interesting issues when you're working with dollhouses. What takes up not much room in the world of tiny, can take up a ton of space in t

jaie

jaie

Beams Beams Beams

So, last night, before heading to bed, I put the last "beam" onto the ceiling of the 4 shops on my apartment building. From here, it's going to be building each apartment, onwards, and upwards! It finally starts to really look like a building, I cannot wait to get that first apartment put together, since there's to be 4, I haven't decided yet if I'm just going to build all the walls I need as I go, or build each apartment on its own. Both methods have an appeal. J

jaie

jaie

Johnson Towers 2

So, this weekend I was working on Johnson Towers and I've been having the occasional structure frustration. Until the ceiling joists are in, the shops are a tad on the fragile side. But, I did manage to get the inner walls done, and dry fitted. I've since this picture glued the furthest inner wall, and I'm currently re-gluing some other walls to be a bit stronger.  Other than that, I've had decent progress. I was able to order a bundle of 3/8" square dowels off Am

jaie

jaie

I Mean, Is it Really Too Much?

A friend of mine who is local and will be helping me with some of the furnishing of the apartment dollhouse and I were having a bit of a chat. And I mentioned that I wanted to add an infinity pool to the top of the apartment building.   She felt it was too much.   So, when you're building a 6 story apartment building, complete with basement, an operating elevator, shops, and apartments, whe

jaie

jaie

Average First Entry

So, I've wanted to build this building for years. When I finally grabbed a set of plans after years of searching, I was thrilled.  I'm basically building this on a budget. When I've got money, I pick up parts. One of the reasons I really like this plan, is because it uses 3/8" square wood, and the levels are done one at a time, in sections that you then stack. So not being able to afford an entire front wall, isn't a thing. I can take my time, build a section, and

jaie

jaie