All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Today
  3. Removing the paint finish from furniture

I saw the pic Debora. The table looks great. I haven’t been out to buy any paint stripper yet. In fact I am going to my mum’s farm today and she has some but it is pretty strong. Not sure I want to use something that powerful. It seems this needs a gentle touch!
  4. Bespaq test piece after finish removal

I really love how this came out. I not fond of the Mahogany furniture.
  5. Bespaq test piece after finish removal

It looks great. And lovely colour. So I guess a gentle touch. Slow and steady wins the race. I still haven’t been to buy any paint stripper. Hope to get to it this weekend.
  6. Bespaq test piece after finish removal

Wow!  What an improvement.  I so dislike those Bespaq finishes.  This looks so much better!
  7. Bespaq finish removal test (before)

From the album A Few Other Things

Originally dark shiny mahogany finish is now a nice cherry. Hint: don’t rub embellishments, the glue can let go and they rub off.  

© DAL Minis

8. From the album A Few Other Things

Originally dark shiny mahogany finish is now a nice cherry. Hint: don’t rub embellishments, the glue can let go and they rub off.  

© DAL Minis

9. Removing the paint finish from furniture

The test I did on the Bespaq piece really toned down the mahogany and left it more cherry. I’ll post some pics in my album shortly.
  10. Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

Wow!  That is such a great license plate.  Brae did a fantastic job.  And what a wonderful project you are working on!
  11. Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

Door lights come in handy at night when neighbors come pounding on your door because their water hookup suddenly isn't working mid-shower or you just heard a pair of trees come crashing down during a hellacious storm and barely miss crushing the two RVs parked on either side of them, and falling on the bathhouse instead (Three Rivers State Park in Sneads, FL, the last time we camped there).
  12. Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

Oh crap! I was going to illuminate all of that. What is I set up a separate switch so I could turn them on separately?  I did not think about a door light. I will add that to the list. I am planning an awning
  13. Trailer License Plate

I could not agree more!
  14. Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

Unless you're going to hitch your trailer to a vehicle you don't really need the tail/brake lights or running lights to work.  You do want a door light.  Are you going to add an awning?
  15. Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

Thank you! I will post how I am planning to make the running/clearance lights so I can get some feedback. I don't want to overdue it!
  16. Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

That license plate rocks, and so does Brae! Amber running lights are one on each side near the top of the front, each RV we've had (30' is the largest we ever owned).
  17. Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

Very cool. I love all the meaning behind it.  Also I love those led lights I use them a lot. 
  18. Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

Yup. Brae is awesome! 
  19. Trailer Tongue Jack

I do have the chains Still need to get those mounted!
  20. Trailer License Plate

That came out very nice......      She does amazing work.....
  21. Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

So one thing I decided I wanted early on was a custom license plate. I searched online and came across someone selling custom plates on Etsy! Wow it that a cool site! I noticed that the plates were not available at this time. Bummer because they looked so good! So off I went. Finding nothing else that compared I took a chance and contacted the seller asking it they would be available again. What I didn't realize at the time was I had happened upon the Etsy store of Brae Oktober (Otterine here on the forum). She explained that due to her printer acting up she wasn't making them at the time. I explained what I was trying to do and she offered to design one and have it printed locally! Awesome    Since I'm planning "Easter Eggs" into this project specific to my father and his life, I wanted a Texas House Trailer plate (born in Texas), the year 1966 (Parents wedding year) and DEC 642 (his birthday). I had looked on a website dedicated to Texas plate history and saw an example of what I wanted and sent it to Brae. Luckily for me she caught an error I made (wrong color for year) and corrected it.     A few days later she sent me a proof to verify everything. WOW she had totally nailed the look I was wanting! I ok'd it and she did her magic. To see the end result was truly amazing! The process she goes through to make it look as real as possible just blew me away! She not only prints the image but she then puts a type of foil on the backside and then embosses the letters! To hold it in your hand you would swear it's a real plate! It arrived in a really nice envelope safe and sound.     I wanted something on the exterior that would elicit reactions from not only dad but those who know him. This plate is perfect and I can not thank Brae enough! 
  22. Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

Yes you can! I have been working on what to do for the clearance/running lights. I have seen different combos being used. I've seen three across center, one at either corner and one on each side for a total of 7. Three middle and one each end and three middle and one each side high up. I've been trying to figure out which way to go. Holly do you happen to remember how your camper was set up? I think I'm not going to worry about reflectors and just try to model actual lights.
  23. I have two partial kits-Fairfield and McKinley-free. I also have a Garfield that has been started. Whoever started it has done a beautiful job so far.all the punched out parts are bagged and labeled. Not really shippable,but willing to meet people part way. Want a totally reasonable amount. Mostly want it to move on. Contact me for pictures,as I don't seem to upload pics.
  24. Trailer License Plate

From the album Greenleaf Travel Trailer

One thing I decided early on was to have some sort of custom licence plate for the trailer. Searching online I stumbled onto the Etsy store of Brae Oktober (Otterine on this forum). She wasn't currently making plates as her printer had an issue. She offered to design it and have it printed for me locally! I told her what I was looking for and wanted included and she did the rest. I can't begin to tell you how awesome it turned out. The photo truly does it no justice! Thank you again Brae for your amazing creation!
  25. What are you up to today? This week?

Claudia, be sure to have them check if it's an older house and get someone to check out the paint for lead and any ceiling tiles for asbestos.  We had to reject one we really, really liked because of those issues.
  26. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

"Yes, Madam"  I'm so glad I didn't have a mouthful of anything; the last time I laughed so hard I sprayed the computer keyboard and shorted it out!
  27. What's everyone working on?

With the two hutches on different walls they appear to be so close in color on my  monitor that they both look so close in color I can't tell; to me the right hand hutch looks slightly greener than the Reutter hutch, but I figure it's the light in the photo.
  28. Load more activity