All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. We've only seen the Northern lights on the news, and on Facebook pictures shared by friends. They've been seen here in Nebraska, but I only saw pictures. We have a lot of trees around our neighborhood so don't see a big expanse of sky. Kelly, you're brave with that big lawn! We're finally getting some yard work done, if our loan goes through, and I want all the grass in our big back yard GONE! Hubby's health is going downhill fast and dementia is increasing -- I don't need to be caring for a lawn anymore! We'll do potted plants, little "islands" and pathways, and ground cover. No grass! Front yard still has grass and is small enough to keep mowed. The only grass I really like is on my dollhouse yards! I'm now learning how to maintain the car -- pretty tough after the easy life of 50+ years with a mechanic. Hubby can't take care of the car anymore.
  3. Emerald

Finished turret

Checked out your photos, you've done a terrific job.
  4. Did a closer view of her, fun putting a working in the hallway
  5. Emerald

Sixth Scale CRAFTSMAN 1920s house

These are 1/6 scale real cement blocks and bricks. Will be doing a diorama with them.
  6. Gilded age has been fun. Making victorian rug that I hope turns out
  7. Yesterday
  8. We have also been watching the aurora on the news, since we have woods on our north side, plus overcast that finally turned stormy last night & today.
  9. All the appliances give the kitchen that lived-in look, which makes the burl and red less antagonistic towards one another.
  10. I'm glad to hear that 🙂. I'm working on a little tweak to better match the burl and red (Crimson red, actually), and will post up photos soon or later. Sooner, I hope. Having to dial back my eBay spending since they added the VAT tax (Value Added Tax). It adds up fast. I'll need to stretch the crimson paint to finish the kitchen. It's a new tax, I guess.
  11. Kami

Grout

MissMolly I have seen sheets and rolls of cork at the local paper store, love it, but couldn't think how to use it. Bricks is perfect!
  12. I saw them on the local morning news. I was too pooped from battling the backyard this weekend to go outside. My yard is interfering with my dollhouse time! I also distinctly remember saying I wasn't going to grow a garden this year. Good luck Kelly, your watering set up sounds like a winner. Hope all works out for your surgery.
  13. I'll take earthquakes over tornadoes any day. I was raised in Minnesota and we went to the basement many a time. I am so ruing the day I decided to have a lawn. The dirt is spread, the soil is seeded, and I'm stuck trying to water almost an acre of land every day. I'm supposed to water three times a day for an hour each time. The reality is I'm only watering once a day for two hours at a time. I simply can't walk that far to move hoses and sprinklers otherwise. I tried using my little roller walker and, well, those things can get stuck in the mud just like big cars can. The soil is 4" deep and it smells like manure. You should see my shoes. Tomorrow I'm giving myself a day off. Instead of watering, I'm getting two more hoses and two more sprinklers - that's a total of five each. Once they're set up, all I'll have to do is flip switches on the faucets. I'm hoping in a month or so I can reduce the watering by half. We'll see. Someone and their brother was going to help me move out of my storage unit and the brother flaked, so all we were able to move was my sofa and my hutch. The guy that spread the grass seed carried the sofa into my shed and I am so happy about that, since it was sitting outside and the cat had decided it was her scratching post. This guy also managed to open all the windows in my trailer except one, which I was also happy about. It got into the mid-80s on Friday and Saturday, so very warm. Naturally, that was the day I had to start watering. it looks like my gall bladder needs to come out. Now I just need to call Medicare and find out how much money I'm responsible for. If it's too much, I may just have to live with occasional pain. Tomorrow it's supposed to be much cooler and I can start on weeding and getting my flower beds in order. After that, I may actually start working on a dollhouse. Keep your fingers crossed! Have any of you guys seen the Northern Lights?
  14. Last week
  15. I like the red. It's bold, bright and adds interest. And it works with the timber colour.
  16. With all the accessories and lights it does calm the kitchen down somewhat. What the hey, go for it!
  17. That's been bugging me, too. I have always wanted a red kitchen, but maybe paired with the burl wasn't the best fit. But then the angel on my other shoulder told me, 'It's a doll house! Live a little!' The opposing angels are talking it over as we speak! I think the red is less in your face with all the gadgets and lights. I'll sleep on this a bit. Burl and brass are working, good to know. I Just picked up some wonderful maple birds-eye I'll be building some furniture with! 2 photos with most of the trimmings. Seems to soften the red ??
  18. I am so happy I was able to adopt my dream dollhouse from a nice couple from Tennessee. The Lawbre Shadow Cliff shell was built in 1985. It had a few things that need fixing, but is in fantastic shape overall! I am excited to start turning it into the beautiful lady it was meant to be.
  19. Just my opinion, but the RED countertops sort of overwhelm the burl & brass (which, also IMHO, is just right); maybe a more neutral granite to complement the burl & brass?
  20. Obviously still a work in progress, but ... is this like a total overkill on burl and brass? Dial it back a bit? Stay with it? All cupboards work with the concealed hinge trick, all drawers working, glass center cabinet has lights. Combo microwave/hood will go over the stove. Will update in 'Blogs' when (if) I get it done.
  21. I love the pillars on either side of the door. I think you got the gilt age down pat!
  22. I will purchase on Amazon. Look forward to a good read! Congrats for pursuing your life's passions!
  23. I found a home for the Thornhill dollhouse kit. I can't figure out how to delete my post. Thanks!
  24. Hi this is Baron and i havethat dollhouse 1979 victorian manor w/ coach house. if u like email me back. im in southern ca.
  25. MissMolly

Grout

I use household spackle with glue mixed in for stone and brick. I seal the stone before grouting so I can wipe the grout back. Once the grout is dry, I seal it again. It has been very durable. I also make 'bricks' and 'stone' using cork. It makes a really nice, light weight finish. The grout also works with drink carton stones.
  26. That's really awesome Kathy! How exciting!!
  1. Load more activity