All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. OpenRoomBox.jpg

A big WOW! I can’t even imagine how long it took to make all of those books.  The rugs and art are such the perfect touch.
  3. Finally finished my Sagamore Hill Library room box

Who cares how long it took?  You so totally nailed it!
  4. Axminster or Wilton loom carpeting

For texture I read this trick to use with magazine ads for rugs; use one layer of facial tissue, smear your cotton with clear-drying white glue and press the tissue layer over the top and when the glue dries the print should show through.  I would think some of the fat quarters would have suitable prints in scale.
  5. Project Updates - PROGRESS!

My dear mother (a Yankee, bless her heart) beat it into me that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all, which temporarily cured me of bluntness; it has worn off over the years, but old habits die hard.
  6. Seeking a book

Oh, good on you AND her!
  7. Today
  8. OpenRoomBox.jpg

This looks really good! Great detail.
  9. Deborah, what a marvelous result --- definitely time well spent.  
  10. Yesterday
  11. SmallRug.jpg

Beautiful work.  I just order some kits from Janet Granger.  It will be my first attempt at doing needlepoint in this scale. I may ask you for some advice once the kits come in since you do such nice work.
  12. OpenRoomBox.jpg

Standing ovation!!!!!!  This is such a fantastic project, and your progress on it has been a joy to follow. Excellent work! You should be so proud of what you accomplished.
  13. Seeking a book

FOUND! Long story short, I was able to get in touch with the author and get a copy directly from her!  
  14. Amazing model horse book

From the album Creatin' Contest 2019

Jasper and I are reading up on tack for mini horses. So happy to have found this very hard to find, out of print book.

© brae oktober

15. FinalViewInside.jpg

Looks absolutely fantastic!  Well done Deb!!!
  16. LibraryRightSideComparison2.jpg

Wow!!!  Fantastic!!
  17. OpenRoomBox.jpg

Looks fantastic!  Amazing detail for the scale!
  18. RoomBoxExterior2.jpg

Beautiful box!!  I take it that the box is wooden with a nice vaneer over the top?
  19. That is beautiful! I love how you contrasted a real-life picture with your recreation of it. Makes it doubly impressive. Brava!
  20. Finally finished the Sagamore Hill Library room box in half scale.  It took 16 months, which was a little longer than the year I predicted at the outset.  For my final set of pictures, I included some comparison shots with the real room.  You can see them here:   http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=8269   
  21. Axminster or Wilton loom carpeting

I was thinking of that second one specifically!    I hope they work out for you!
  22. SmallRug.jpg

From the album Half Scale Sagamore Hill Library

Finished smaller rug for Sagamore Hill Library.
  23. RoomBoxExterior2.jpg

Finished, veneered exterior of Sagamore Hill Library roombox, with removable ceiling.
  24. OpenRoomBox.jpg

Finished, veneered exterior of Sagamore Hill Library roombox, with ceiling removed.
  25. LibraryRightSideComparison2.jpg

Sagamore Hill Library - right side and fireplace comparison
  26. LibraryLeftSideComparison2.jpg

Sagamore Hill Library - left side comparison
  27. Axminster or Wilton loom carpeting

Wow, I've never seen that site. No velvets or wools I can use but I ordered these two cotton prints. I'll let you know how they work out. If they're too chintz shiny, I'll throw 'em into my next ten loads of laundry. At this point I'm willing to try just about anything that has a glimmer of a chance of working.  
  28. LibraryCorner3.jpg

Sagamore Hill Library - library corner comparison
  29. Load more activity