All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Hello there, My Name is Dar, my question is would anyone know of someone or somewhere I could find instructions for Skilcraft Vintage Country Manor Dollhouse #688? Just purchased, seller very nice trying to help me find the instructions which is appreciated. If anyone could help i would so appreciate it. Im 57 yrs old, always wanted one & this looked perfect! Want to do this project with Grandkids :-). Thank you kindly if you can help if even to direct me to somewhere to find it.
  4. Why not recover the sofa and use it in another house?
  5. Hi everyone! A small update and a question. I finally got the entire inside prime! Yay!!! I also got the stairs painted and started gluing back the stair treads I ripped off, back on. I am painting the insides of the window edges... Me and my 000 brush. A bit more is done...this is truly a lesson in learning patience. I am working on the windows and stairs now. Question —I bought a vintage 1:12 sofa on eBay, but when it arrived I decided it did not fit so well for me. It has a glue stain and a little discoloration on one cushion, (I knew this when I purchased it). But it is still very nice. About 50 years old. Can you suggest a good place to sell it? Thanks for all!
  6. I like your idea of the plywood base and gardens. My dad made a large table for my farmhouse and I loaded it up with all sorts of things. You have a couple of posts now so only 3 more and you can start an album.
  7. Welcome Ann! Make 4 more posts so you can start an album with pics and then ask away. Holly is correct, play with it yourself. That's what I've been doing with mine instead of working on it. 😀
  8. Welcome to the forum! Don't give up! There's lots of help around here so hang in there. Perhaps you can find pre-made windows that will fit instead. Make 4 more posts and then you can start an album in the Gallery. Pics help others give advice when you get stuck.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Welcome to the little family, Ann. When you have made five posts you can share photos of your house and what you want to fix. BTW, there's no law against fixing up a dollhouse for YOU to enjoy.
  11. Last week
  12. Yesterday, I took my infant daughter to meet my grandparents and came home with a kit from when I was a kid. Most of the main body of the house is put together already and half-heartedly painted. I still have to put the tower roof on and then I've got the embellishments, doors, windows and stairs. I was able to pop out a couple doors from the plywood sheets easily, but the sill plates were impossible. I managed to somewhat get one out with a razor blade, but the plywood was rock solid from curing in dry Colorado air for over 20 years and it ended up breaking and splintering, so now I'll have to trace and cut a new one. That same sheet has another sill plate and a few windows (SFH). Replacement sheets are not to be found so I'm somewhat at a loss. I've never gotten much into dollhouse making but it seems a shame to give up so early, especially since it's basically the dollhouse of my dreams and I want to play with it myself lol. I found this forum and figured I'd ask for some advice. My dream is to finish the house, place it on a large sheet of plywood fixed on casters, and surround it with mini gardens. That way, my daughter can pull the whole thing out to play and then roll it back into a closet or other safe home
  13. Yesterday, I took my infant daughter to meet my grandparents and came home with a kit from when I was a kid. Most of the main body of the house is put together already and half-heartedly painted. I still have to put the tower roof on and then I've got the embellishments, doors, windows and stairs. I just started to use this site and realized I'd placed this in the wrong topic, but I'll come back to edit it with pretty pictures when it's complete! My dream is to finish the house, place it on a large sheet of plywood fixed on casters, and surround it with mini gardens. That way, my daughter can pull the whole thing out to play and then roll it back into a closet or other safe home.
  14. Good afternoon! I am a mother of 4, just recently having my first daughter and completely stoked and excited about dollhouses and all other fun girl activities! My grandmother brought out a half-finished SF557 from 1999 that she meant to finish for me when I was a kid but never got around to it, so she sent it and all the parts home with me to complete for my daughter. Unfortunately, the plywood is super rock hard and the company is out of business. The furniture is also somewhat broken from me and all my cousins playing with it when we were little, so I want to recover some of it and otherwise just replace the rest. 😕 I'm now on here looking for advice on all things regarding this fun house and making it beautiful somehow!
  15. I inherited a dollhouse made for me and my cousins in the early 60's. He designed and built it all himself. It is my mission to refurbish it for future generations, but I need help so I signed up to this forum. He used to call me "Queen Ann," hence my display name. Thanks to all who help, in advance!!
  16. Does anyone have these? I recently sold from my stash this kit, still sealed, and the buyer said the instructions were not in the box. I am trying to track down a copy for them.
  17. Well I am not sure how I became a woman . . . . . but I am the one who bought the kits from the Opening Scene founder/builder/designer. I was told that Tara was in the mix of kits, but have not received it yet. From what I was told and what I have received are different, but none the less, still sought after kits. I am selling the ones I don't want. And again, as I have stated in other threads, I will give a good discount to people on this forum for what I am selling! I just received today, two Collinwood Great Halls (Dark Shadows) and another Stratford Inn (Newhart) Room boxes. I also have two Wuthering Heights House kits. I will List them for sale in a few days. If anyone is interested in them, please message me. The other kits I have are all on eBay now. There are several of Little House on the Prairie Kits that I have not seen before. THE house for that show did sell a week ago. But I do have the Oleson's Mercantile, the School House, and the Post office listed. MESSAGE ME. I want to see these kits go to good Hobbyist that will love them!!
  18. The door is not for the gilded age box, the trim work in gold will go in gilded age box.
  19. Emerald

1/6 scale Guilded Age ILLUSION room box

Had LINEN cabinet using as curio. Kept thinking it would make a great room box by TURNING the cabinet on its SIDE. Since the cabinet is holding the TV, minimum 1" square dowels were placed in cabinet to support weight. Top shelf was stationary and has dowels glued so now unable to remove it. Plan will work with that 1st left area being an entrance/stairwell. Took out all shelves to the right and that will be a large narrow room. Since windows and doors do not open to outside diorama, scenes will be put in doors and window areas for realism. Hope you will FOLLOW progress on this about 1880-1890 1/6 scale scratch build items Guilded Age project.
  20. cut some appliques to make trim and things for gilded age box.
  21. The door was from a 6th action figure shoot house 2 doors 1/8 in thick and glued together. I created a period door to go with the blue room. The appliques are for the gilded house box
  22. Emerald

Sixth Scale CRAFSMAN 1920s house

These are 1/6 scale real cement blocks and bricks. Will be doing a diorama with them.
  23. Yeah, not what I would have done, but the house itself is...interesting. I'm fairly certain someone took an old kitchen cabinet and turned into a BEAUTIFUL Italianate Victorian, but it's presenting some issues that a more seasoned miniaturist would have avoided. Wallpaper might be tricky, but sometimes I "cheat" and use limewash paint (sample jars are about $10 and can cover a whole mini room), because limewash paint is SUPPOSED to look imperfect. Thankfully, the architecture of the house is such that generally, houses in that style are all one color except for accents in the windows, the door, and the roof(s), so I'm leaning towards airbrushing all one color, then painting the accents separately. I just didn't know if there might be a better solution.
  24. I am looking for the assembly instructions to the Batrie Cape Cod Dollhouse Kit. Model number DH-30K. Any leads?
  25. I'm trying to find battery powered lights in 1:24 scale. They seem scarce or highly expensive. If anyone has some or knows a good source, please let me know. I am in Oregon, I don't mind paying for reasonable shipping. Some of the shop I have found these are expensive to ship from as they are out of the country and/or have no free shipping limit. I'd like to not spend $500 dollars on lights. 🙂
  26. Painters' tape will be a major help. When I rehab a house (including repaint) I take it apart first as much as possible, which doesn't sound like much of an option for you. I will wish you all kinds of luck, since painting the interior, especially the details, is probably going to be a bear. Ihave never understood building a house totally unfinished, without at least priming the interior walls first.
  1. Load more activity