Esther

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Esther

1. This is what I'm working on right now. Got it on eBay. The next one I'll get is one that looks like the UP house.
  2. Kelly, hopefully we'll see you again sometime in the future. Good luck with your construction stuff.
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this...I knew she wasn't doing well.
  4. Esther

Selkie

I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm praying for her family.
  5. I'll send her an email. Thanks, Lynette!
  6. I'm sorry for your loss. :(
  7. Charlane, I wouldn't throw in the towel over it. The Garfield is the biggest house they make. Big = more complicated. There are a lot of Greenleaf dollhouses that I've built that were easier and the thing I love about Greenleaf over other dollhouse manufacturers is the detail.
  8. Esther

SuzyQ

I just heard back from Suzanne (we're friends on Facebook). Her home is fine, but they can't go back yet. Their gas has been shut off as a precaution, so they won't have heat or hot water until it gets turned back on. They have a "boil water" advisory in effect too, but Suzanne her hubby, his parents and their two cats are all fine.
  9. Esther

SuzyQ

SuzyQ is safe. She and her family (even her cats) evacuated to her niece and nephew's home. Last I heard, her home was still untouched by the fires.
  10. Looks great. LOL. I wondered why you were cutting rabbits, too!
  11. I've only wired a few houses. most I set in a time that didn't have electricity.
  12. Vickie, Yes, it's normal, and yes, you may be becoming a hoarder. Most of us are. I have at least 6 kits waiting to be built right now. It took me six or seven years to finish the inside of one of my houses, because I was afraid of messing up the electricity - then when I finally decided to go ahead and finish it, the wiring wouldn't work anyway.
  13. Esther

San Franciscan Outside

This house (that I'd given to a family with six girls) was recently loaned to a home school theater group. They used it in their production of Peter Pan. Tinkerbell flew in and out of this dollhouse. I was honored to have built it.
  14. Sweet! I'm sure you'll use it every day!
  15. Hahaha, Kelly! Best laugh I've had all day! Do you have pictures? I didn't use the staircase in my Willowcrest, so I'd have more room.
  16. Thanks, Louise! These look like fun!...and free!!! <3
  17. They do look like dollhouse rooms...especially the oversized clock in that kitchen
  18. My absolute favorite will always be my Willowcrest. The Beaumont is a close second. Of the dollhouses I've given away, the one that was hardest to part with was probably the Madison...loved the details on that one. Oh, I love my White Orchid too.
  19. I can totally relate, Pat! People post pictures of the snow on FB, and it just doesn't look all that pretty to me anymore.
  20. Make sure you post pictures of your progress. It sounds like a great project, and one that will mean a great deal to your wife. Good luck.