Lady Grey

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lady Grey

1. Thank you so much, Minis on the Edge. First of all, I am so sorry I sent you a message in the wrong way. I am not a tech super star. I thought I messaged you on your page privately. I think a lady replied to me to use and envelope sign somewhere. anyway, I have been seriously thinking of declining myself due to my lack of experience, the weight of the house and the bulk, plus the distance. I told her I would do my investigation of the total price of shipping and let her know. I am selling it for 1500 plus the shipping. I am guessing the shipping will be at least 600. I don't think she is willing to pay that. I will ask a couple of shipping stores as well as Fed Ex to at least give her the estimate. But I would still like to decline. Thank you for your reply and help. Thanks everyone else for all your advice. IF you were to look up the RGT Victorian Farmhouse, it is a monster. And it is MDF, not plywood. Take care all
  2. Thank you so much for your reply and suggestion so quickly. I will try to email or message Tracy Topps.
  3. Any help would be appreciated. So I put my RGT Victorian Farmhouse (fully built, electrified, decorated, etc.) on ebay to sell. I stated that I preferred local pick up only. However, a woman in CA really loves my house and how I designed it. She would like me to ship it to her. I live in Alabama. I know the house would have to be special crated, packed, and such. How would I do this? I do NOT trust UPS. Does anyone have any experience with this? I can do the general research, but if you have any experience from when you actually did this, that would help a great deal and I appreciate it. I know some of you experts in the business must have great advice. About how much is this going to cost? I have the chandeliers to protect as well. Nothing is on the walls and there is no furniture going. I really appreciate this from the community!
  4. Lady Grey

bathroom

I love this bathroom. I love the frosty green color. The shower/bath is just great. So much detail. The trash can is pretty and so is that lovely rug.
  5. I am so very sorry for the loss of your BEAUTIFUL baby.
  6. I compare my dollhouse to a fine painting that one would purchase for a home. My dollhosue is my work of art from my own fantacies. I like to move things around and rearrange settings. I have redone lighting in a few of the rooms. I love to just sit and look at my beautiful piece. It is a treasure. I just plain like to play with it. I am already dreaming of my next house - the Woodstock. Where do I put them? Anywhere I want to feature them. I cannot wait to decorate for Christmas. I have all the ingredients. I agree with above posts that only other mini people would understand.
  7. I built an MDF house, and I applied interior house primer paint on the bare MDF first before sanding. I did not seem to have the problems that many others have said. AFter the primer, I sanded the surfaces. Then, I applied my first coat of the color semi gloss interior house paint. I gave the surfaces another sanding - not quite as heavy as sandiing the primer stage. I then applied a second coat of the selected color of semi gloss interior house paint. I did not sand that coat. Everything seemed to look great to me - but I am a beginner. The reason I chose MDF is because I did not want my house warping down the road in years. When I was a kid, I had a plywood house that did warp - but maybe the new plywood is better. MDF is harder to work with in the case of bashing or plugging in eyelets or brads.
  8. Lady Grey

Surprise....

This is lovely. What scale is this? What will you do with it? I cannot wait to see!
  9. I also worked from the top down. When I glued on the celings, some past got onto the bare walls, When I pasted on the wallpaper, some paste got onto the bare floors. Then, when I glued down the floors, everytihng was set. I have only done one house, but I think the next time, I would love the have the walls and the ceilings already done before building the house. I think there are several ways to do it.
  10. That is why I will never be without a Greyhound - or two, or three.............
  11. Thank you for that. I hope my Bella is happy with Sophie. The good news is that Greyhound adoption is so visual now that almost all dogs that retire are transitioned into foster homes, adoption group kennels that bring them to foster homes, or adopted right into homes. We are everywhere and people are continually responding all the time.
  12. Thank you, Mary. There was a little guilt feeling, but I think that was just me grieving for my girls - especially Bella. She was my heart dog. An amazing girl. But I think Bella would be OK with my little Sophie. Funny thing is, Sophie has some traits of both Angel and Bella. It is wonderful. I am so blessed to have her.
  13. It was a little bit of a struggle because Bella was my real heart dog. She was taken way before her time - only 8 and a half years old. I still felt her presence in the house - or maybe it was just my terrible longing to have her back. But I feel that my wonderful Bella would have me love my Sophie. Thanks for sharing that.
  14. THank you everyone for your wonderful congrats. to Sophie and me.
  15. Oh yes, she is retired. I have always adopted the retired ones. Now she is a queen.
  16. Thank you. What a sweet and beautiful baby you have!!! Thanks for sharing.
  17. When I lost one of my girls in January of 2012, my heart broke in half. She died of a freak accident in the back yard. Then when her sister died one year later in January of 2013 from sudden kidney failure, I almost died myself. It has been tremendous grief. I have had Greyhounds for 17 years and I was just lost. I gave myself over 6 months to grieve. Although I wanted to give myself a year, I met some people with the Greyhound adoption program in Birmingham and became introduced to a wonderful sweet girl of 4.5 years old. We bonded right away. I have had her over a month now, and she is settling in as the queen of the house. Her name is Sophie and she is a beauty. May I share her pics with you. Meet Sophie.......
  18. I am the same way with the keyboard. I have seen Anya's work and it is truly magnificent! A little out of my buget league - I hate to say for now.
  19. Thank you, Janet for posting this. This is a very nice Greyhound. I have marked this in my favorites.