Blondie

Platinum Member
  • Content count

• Last visited

Everything posted by Blondie

1. Does anyone know information about the history of the house designs? We were chatting in the Beacon Hill thread about a house we've seen that looks just like it, and it turned out to be the Disney Phantom Manor: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disneyland-park/frontierland/phantom-manor/ I read that Phantom Manor was opened in 1992, which means the Beacon Hill kit came out BEFORE the Disney ride since the kit was released in the 1980s. This begs the question: Did Disney copy a dollhouse design?? Lol. Now I'm curious about the BH kit. Did the company base its design off of a real life house? If so, where is it? I'm also curious about all of the other kits now. Does anyone know about them? We can certainly pester Dean about this if none of us can figure it out. ;)
  2. Have any of you ever left out your plastic windows? I did for my niece's house, but that's because she was 4. But now I'm thinking about leaving them out for the Beacon Hill. Mine have gotten all scratched and nasty. Rather than ordering replacements, I was thinking about just doing without. Do you think it will hurt the charm of the house to not have "glass" in the windows? I'll still do all the rest of the window elements, however.
  3. I spent three hours last night reading the Beacon Hill Builders thread. It was so helpful!! However, many people have finished their houses because the thread was started many years ago. I thought maybe we should start a new one because I have noticed there are a lot of us BH-ers right now. Please join me in discussing this amazing and challenging house! So... Welcome to the 2nd generation! I bought my house in 2007ish. It was in storage for years and I just now have it back. I am FAR from finished. I just got done with the porch. I was glad to read in the other thread that I am not the only person who has had some arguments with this house! The staircase almost killed me, but the roof pieces weren't so bad because I cheated and cut off a few slices. Please share any BH questions, thoughts, or babble. We can do this!! Whooooot! Why did you choose the house? I did because it was purty and I wanted a loooong project. I got it.
  4. Out of curiosity, I would like to know what the differences are between these kits. If any of you have built more than one kind, which did you prefer and why? Sometime, I'd love to make a San Franciscan, so I'd like to figure out which type of kit I want in case I randomly come across one. What's the difference? San Franciscan 550 = ? San Franciscan 555 = ? San Franciscan 557 = ?
  5. Here's the information for the Kansas City and St. Louis miniatures shows for 2016: http://www.miniatureshows.com/ Kansas City: June 3-4, 2016 St. Louis: October 7-8, 2016  
  6. Hello, all! I'd like to invite you to come to Nebraska State Day 2016, which is put on by the Omaha-Council Bluffs Miniature Guild. It's a really fun event (I'm a member of the guild and have gone for the past 3 years) where you make a mini build in one day. There are sales tables, raffles, food, and lots of wonderful minis. If you're interested, here is the information on our OCBMG blog: http://ocbmg.blogspot.com/2015/10/nebraska-state-day-2016-sign-up-info.html Last year, we had 32 participants from 8 states, so everyone is welcome -- this is NOT a NAME-only event.
  7. Creatin' Contest 2015

CONGRATS, FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Nebraska State Day 2015

I'm so glad you had a good time! Thank you for coming!!!! I'll ask about the screen material at our next guild meeting.
  9. Hello, all! On behalf on the Omaha-Council Bluffs Miniature Guild, I'd like to invite you to Nebraska State Day 2015, when we'll be making a "Screened-In Porch." Here are the details. You DO NOT have to be a member of NAME to attend this event: http://ocbmg.blogspot.com/2014/09/nebraska-state-day-2015.html And if you want to know what the event is like, here's a recap of our recent Nebraska State Day 2014, when we made "Create a Shop": http://ocbmg.blogspot.com/2014/09/nebraska-state-day-2014.html I had a blast, and I'll post pix of my shop when I get further along with it.
  10. NEM private sale for Greenleaf members

Grazhina, you've always been so good to us with sales and discounts. Thank you!!! I love my items from NEM and will always think of you when I see them. Best of luck with all new things on the horizon. (And yes, I did shop! Yay!)
  11. Faking a structure - sneak peek

It's soooo beautiful. :)
  12. Some cute finds and more gifts

Wonderful finds!
  13. Blarney Castle

What a PERFECT gift from a European vacation. :) Fantastic.
  14. image

This story really touched my heart. You're a very good grandma!!
  15. Oxy-acetylene torch in progress

Even all naked like that, the tanks are SO cool!
  16. kitchen close Up

We are always our own worst critics. To me, it looks fabulous!!
  17. Bed detail

Be careful. This is how we all end up with like 50 dollhouses -- to get more room. Haha!!
  18. Bed detail

I absolutely love the fact that you've incorporated items from your loved ones. It makes it even more beautiful.
  19. Bed detail

It's beautiful!
  20. Starting the floor

Wow! That's a lot of beating up one floor! Hahaha.
  21. Tudor Cottage

Wow!!!! Look at all of those purty flowers! :) And thank you SO much for the quarter. ;)
  22. Tudor Cottage

They're so cheery!
  23. Tudor Cottage

Very very well done!!!
  24. Retro cat pillows in singles and pattern

So so so so cute.
  25. baluster progress 2

I love this photo. The unique angles in the photos you take with your houses are so fun. Way to go!!! :) I love this!