GirlPiper

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by GirlPiper

1. Yu should have a great time with that house.
  2. Missed you all and wondered how the minis were going. Such nice work! I'm finally healthy and retired now. Hope to find time to complete the house that had to wait.
  3. Yes to both, and be prepared to get distracted.
  4. Hi to all old friends and looking forward to meeting the new ones since I've been gone. Lots of little projects have been done--can't wait to see them all.
  5. I did this with the Orchid, and it lasts better if you prime the base. Live and learn after picking little stones off the floor after 6 months.
  6. I had some small scale print leftover and used it in he Orchid. Still OK. I used Sobo glue.
  7. That's what I use, too, but have also used dowels, and gimping left over from reupholstery jobs.
  8. I read that letter today, too, and feel for the grandmother. Some kids are so insecure they have to have expensive (not necessarily good) things to show off. The daughter missed a chance to teach her little girl about manners, creativity, and limited means. Such an omission. I hope the daughter never hits hard times. She won't know how to cope. On a better note, I never knew if my kids appreciated the things I'd made for them until my daughter's baby shower 18 months ago. I gave her a bear, a giraffe, a small soft Nessie (Lochness monster) all home made. One of the guests kind of gushed about where the toys were purchased, and my daughter said "Oh, my mom makes them. She's the bomb with toys." My (indifferent) son has made scale houses/car garages for all of his kids because he still has the barn we made together when he was little. Warmed me top to toe.
  9. Have you contacted your 4-H group for a member(s) to help you assemble the kit? Lots of the kids need projects and do not have the funds to obtain materials.
  10. Oh, is that ever cleverly done.
  11. The dining room is DONE! The wall cracks repaired, wood work painted, walls a pale sage green. Got the floor polished and pictures today, and it all took much less time than stripping the wallpaper. Next stop the bathroom. (small, wallpaper already gone.)
  12. How awful for all of you. If I could make another suggestion--how about reinforcing with lightweight canvas or heavy muslim and using ModPodge to seal the interior and then spackel or caulk for the exterior damage?
  13. The things we learn here. Great idea.
  14. I knew we had a common thread--Happy Birthday to you (mine was Friday). It's a capricorn thing to make things.
  15. "Real" carpenters do that too. Good fix.
  16. That's what this place is for--all of us are enablers!