adawnstyle

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by adawnstyle

1. adawnstyle

Another View

Hi it was a scratch build
  2. Yes you will, I will post as new things are in progress - mid next week I hope to show the stone work done or almost done
  3. adawnstyle

Another View

Im not too sure right now, it is late here. But there is a whole three rooms up there too..... The front of the roof lifts up to view, i will post a picture mid week so you can see what i mean, and Ill measure for you......
  4. No only the one you see in this picture. I actually will be puttingit on the other side once i get the outsides done, the other side is a carport type set up and i want it to appear as a walkway to the conservatory, so the conservatory will be side on to the house, as in door facing the side of the house..... thats the plan anyway lol
  5. adawnstyle

Sand work

Yep, i agree, well stone is the go now... Im happy with the way it looks, ill post some pictures mid week to show how i am progressing...
  6. adawnstyle

Another View

Hi yep its huge and its a custom build ....
  7. Thanks, its a great house..... Im so glad I have gotten on with it, pics will come as i do more, keep watching lol
  8. adawnstyle

Another View

I loads of ideas, have even drawn up sort of a blueprint lol
  9. adawnstyle

Another View

Thanks Anna I hope I can do it justice...
  10. From the album: Adawn Manor

© Dawn Smith 2013

11. adawnstyle

Adawn Manor

Hi, This is my doll house. It was built from scratch and then I didnt do anything to it for about 7 years. Now is the time to get on it. The work you see in the first pictures are going to be stripped and the whole thing started again. Wish me luck.
  12. adawnstyle

Another View

From the album: Adawn Manor

© Dawn Smith 2013

13. adawnstyle

Details

I went on with a sculpting tool and began making the stone..... I like it but they are too big, Once dried I got out my Dremel and began to make them smaller, pictures to come.

© Dawn Smith 2013

14. adawnstyle

Air Dry Clay

I decided to go on with Air Dry Clay, trying to mimick a light coloured stone. First I conditioned the clay, im glad I have a pasta machine, my hands wouldnt have liked it at all if they had to do the work lol

© Dawn Smith 2013

15. adawnstyle

Sand work

This is sandwork that I did a while back, I had awful trouble trying to work out what to put on the outside of this house. As you will see in the following pictures I Changed my mind completely lol

© Dawn Smith 2013

16. adawnstyle

Another View

© Dawn Smith 2013

17. From the album: Adawn Manor

This is my doll house as it stood in December 2012. It hadnt been touched for 7 years. My kids bought me this house and so on with it I go.... I will update pics as i do them.

© Dawn Smith 2013

18. Hi I have a huge front opening doll house that has been built from scratch and I love it because of the wall room inside, also the house can be placed against a wall in the display area without having to turn it around, mind you mine is about 4 feet wide without the conservatory, so you can see why i wouldnt want to move mine around at all.... I hope this helps a little
  19. Hi, can you tell me how you take them off .... mine dont come off cleanly when i use an exacto knife.... thought u might have a hint here .... Thanks for your help in advance
  20. adawnstyle

chimney

Hi what are your stones made of... this house is wonderful. thanks for sharing
  21. Wow , thanks every one, that was my first post on here..... so many replies and links, i know what will take up my time over the next couple of days.... Have fun with your minis everyone !!!!!
  22. I think thats a brilliant idea, here is a link to my miniature tutorials, there are over 2000 in there, http://pinterest.com/adawnstyle/miniature-tutorials/
  23. adawnstyle

still designing

Hi I wanted to say thank you for sharing all your work with us. I have a 7 foot doll house i have had for about 6-7 yrs now... you have inspired me to get on with it.....Thanks so much from Australia Cheers Dawn