Kathrynated

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kathrynated

1. Kathrynated

Christmas Village

I used the Greenleaf village kit to make Santa's village at the north pole.
  2. Kathrynated

Workshops

From the album: Christmas Village

Most of the work gets done here: toy building, gift wrapping, and list processing. I kept the steeple and bell tower off of the "church" and "school" buildings for simple workshop-like buildings. A nice coat of Aleene's true snow coats all the buildings.
  3. Kathrynated

Santa's House

From the album: Christmas Village

Jolly Ol' Saint Nick looks out from his balcony. I tucked strings of battery operated LED lights into each house. I picked them up cheap ($1/strand) last year on clearance. They illuminate the houses perfectly and make them look great!
  4. From the album: Christmas Village

All the reindeer find a cozy spot to rest here. Christmas buttons were the perfect size to accent all my buildings.
  5. From the album: Christmas Village

A place for the elves to relax after a hard day's work! This is my favorite set of windows. I added gallery glass paint to all the windows for a stained glass effect.
  6. From the album: Christmas Village

Freshly baked gingerbread cookies peak through the windows! I used vellum in between the bays and the main building to diffuse the light.
  7. Kathrynated

The White Rose

The skylight looks so nice - fantastic job.
  8. Kathrynated

The White Rose

I love your ladder!
  9. I found a bottle of modge podge "hard coat" at Michael's that I love for a nice glossy smooth finish on these furniture kits. I put on a few coats, sanding in between, as a final step.
  10. Loved "Casual Vacancy" and currently reading "Cuckoo's Calling". I'm not the biggest fan of detective novels, but this one has me hooked! I really like Rowling's descriptive style of writing. She paints a deep picture without it becoming dense.
  11. This is such a smart way to expand Rowling's wizard universe without making it "Harry Potter: The Next Generation". I'm excited!
  12. Hi Mary, welcome to the forum. I saw your pictures of your Duracraft Columbian - it's such a cute house! I'm currently working on one too.
  13. Toothpicks? Small dowels? Plastic swizzle sticks?
  14. Roxxie you could also bash the towers on the second church and school just enough to make them into very nice houses.
  15. Good luck, that looks so intricate. The flourishes will match your bedspread wonderfully!
  16. Kathrynated

Tennyson

Science! Seriously though, this is such a great look for your house. The aging makes it the perfect "memory" house!
  17. Kathrynated

Tennyson

Love this! The patina is great.
  18. Kathrynated

Hooks

Thanks! I just made the cutest coat rack with earring hooks.
  19. From the album: Duracraft Columbian

Here's the staircase when I bought the house. I put the piece of wood up, because I knew I wanted to finish the staircase and put a closet below it.
  20. Kathrynated

Duracraft Columbian

Found on craigslist completely built for $20.
  21. From the album: Duracraft Columbian

Look, I made a wall! And a rail!
  22. That's gorgeous Sable! I can't wait to see a gallery of all your pictures.