Sherr

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sherr

1. Tracy, just curious, was the show well attended? I did it last year and couldn't this year because I am doing his Chicago show.
  2. Thanks. I do sell them. Shows and www.colvindolls.com
  3. Sherr

Colvin Dolls

Sherri's hand sculpted character figures
  4. Sherr

Lord William Rawley

From the album: Colvin Dolls

Tudor Gent. 5 5/8" tall. Resin and polymer clay body. Cotton and leather costume. Metal and paper accessories.

© sdc 2012

5. Sherr

Billy Butcherson

Thought I would make this character from the "Hocus Pocus" movie. My first dead guy! Ooops no...Jacob Marley was the first. 5 3/4" tall, Resin and polymer clay body. Silk, silk gauze, lawn, pima cotton and leather costume. Metal, paper and polymer clay accessories. Distressed with chalks.

© sdc 2012

6. I'll be there with my dolls. Stop by and say hello please. I've done this show for 4 years now. Looking forward to it and the Florida sunshine!
  7. This build is absolutely top notch incredible.
  8. Sherr

Marvelous Marva

Marvelous Marva the Witch in 1:12 Scale: Cotton Costume, polymer clay wand, handmade silver wire glasses with clear lens, handmade aged paper books, leather hat with metal ornament

© SDC 2012

9. From the album: Colvin Dolls

Ghost of Marley 1:12 Scale: Silk costume, Leather shoes, Handmade paper accessories, metal chain

© SDC 2012

10. The chairs arrived and I have put together one with non-toxic Testors cement. Worked very nicely. Easy to assemble. These are great kits! I plan to do several different finishes.
  11. Sherr

The King

Custom doll in silks. Height 4 1/2"
  12. Sherr

Fantine

Original doll with custom fabric bodice & overskirt. 5 5/8" high.

© SDC 2011

13. Thanks all! Yes, the fog. I used super glue to glue Swarovski crystals onto a wizard staff....totally clouded the crystal. Fortunately it still looked mystical.
  14. I'll use the Testor's glue..(being a big fan of their Dullcote). Didn't know they came with paint. May use that and then minwax as another layer of color. Do you seal them with anything after painting? If so what do you like?
  15. I just ordered a few Chrysnbon kits - country kitchen chairs to photograph my dolls in. I couldn't find what I wanted in Bespaq but Chrysnbon had the perfect style. I know they are plastic so I need to dress them up a bit, but don't know anything about them. 1.Can you use superglue on these kits or model cement glue? 2.Any tips on best way to paint them so they look like wood. 3. Any construction tips also greatly appreciated.
  16. Sherr

Witch in Green

17. I like this house. It had to be vey difficult to execute. Hat's off to whomever did this!
  18. Sherr

Sad News

Oh my goodness....are you speaking of Elicia Easton?
  19. Sherr

Cape Fear Pirate

1:12 Scale Pirate 5 3/4" tall.

© The Colvin Studio 2011

20. Sherr

VanDeVeere

1:12 Scale Titanic passenger doll. 5 3/4" tall.

© The Colvin Studio 2011

21. I'll be there! Molly is a wonderful lady and an asset to the mini world.