melva

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by melva

1. melva

Mermaids got hair

She looks really good...It's exciting when you see all of your work come together. I do put regular hair products on the mohair I use.
  2. melva

draping

Like the fabrics and lace you used, the bodice is really pretty. I do like porcelain dolls and have made a few, so I really enjoyed looking through your photos of the dolls you have made.
  3. I am slighty obsessed with having a car for with all my houses. I bought this one a few years ago its a 1/12 scale to go with my Foxhall......it took me forever to find one at a reasonable price. It's actually a remote control toy with nice detais.
  4. melva

mermaid tail #1

This color looks really good, I like how the tail turned out too with the burned edges.
  5. I would be happy just to finish one of the 7 dollhouse projects that I have started over the last 10 years lol. I am always looking and buying more things to go inside my houses without having one finished; totally addicted!!!! I really just wanted to have one house in each scale. Maybe this will be the year!
  6. You really did a great job on this project the wagon is beautiful!! What an accomplishment.....I have started so many projects and only finished a couple.
  7. A lot of doll makers use the Genesis paints for the faces and body blushing; personally I'm not a fan of it for my dolls. I use regular craft paints, metallic acrylic paint and metallic powders for rubber stamps.
  8. You really did a beautiful job, I luv the colors and all the details. Are you planning on adding a horse?
  9. melva

Day 1 Mermaid

She is looking pretty good, you should have lots of fun painting and decorating the tail. I've made a few mermaids with a polymer clay tail and fin. You can also make scales using a straw or coffee stirrer before you bake it.
  10. I agree its very impressive! Was this on the cover of a miniature magazine last year?
  11. I like this kitchen and the layout!
  12. melva

Staircase.JPG

Your Foxhall looks great! Its given me inspiration to work on mine.
  13. melva

Exterior with Patina

The house is beautiful! Great color scheme.
  14. Congrats and Good Luck to Greenleaf and Casey! I do like the BH!
  15. melva

dishes:)

I totally agree! It is a beautiful work of art! I love all the little details; it's so warm and homey. You have a great eye for the smallest details which makes all your houses look beautiful.
  16. Absolutely beautiful! What colors/stain are you putting on.
  17. Your house is just beautiful! I like the colors, the layout and those marble floors.
  18. Ahh good idea! Thanks for the instructions, I would like to have my kitchen smell like spices!
  19. Wow you got some great stuff!
  20. Really like the bow window! Can't wait to see it finished.
  21. melva

PA180467.JPG

This is a beautiful roombox! Great idea with the frames.
  22. melva

shelves!

I totally agree it looks perfect! It looks as though they have lived there for a long time. Warm and cozy!
  23. melva

wall hanging

absolutely beautiful!
  24. I was definitely overwhelmed and I only have 4 houses and one hand built store. Oh, I forgot I also have a Suzanne and Andrews house.(so cute!) I bought way too many 1/4 scale furniture kits. They are also so cute. I just sold my Brookwood kit(I really liked that house) and I am trying to sell one of my other large houses. Yet I keep looking at minis and wanting more, but I don't have the room. The 1/4 scale is working for me. I want to try 1/2 scale house and I am hoping Greenleaf will make more houses in 1/2 scale. Like the Brookwood(hint). I also have a problem of not finishing anything, so all my houses are in need of help. And I do play with my houses or stare at them wishing they were finished This is surely a fun but addicting hobby and I try to get others interested(hooked ) in it whenever I can.