JewelsRus

Gold Member
  • Content count

• Last visited

Everything posted by JewelsRus

1. I am back!

Wow! It has been CRAZY!!!! We have been moved for weeks and weeks and still the internet provider people have not set us up. We have been waiting and waiting and waiting, all I get is "Oh in a couple of days.", or "Oh we need a letter of reference from a phone company first.", or "Oh we will be getting down that way soon." ARUGH! I guess that is what we get for living in the middle of nowhere. If you don't remember from my last e-mail (sorry it has been so long) We live an hour away from a grocery store. Other than that everything is going great. My son now loves cows (we live on a dairy farm). It is a very different world out here! Right now I am on my in-laws computer so I have to keep it breif but I am assured that we will get the internet installed last weekend! Before I go I have one more little announcement I am going to have a baby. I am 12 weeks along and already showing. Way to early to be showing if you ask me but I am excited. Anyway, It is nice to be back, now I have got to go catch up on what is going on! Julie
  2. I am back!

Thanks everyone! I now have internet! YEAH! He finally came today so we are all set. I have been working on my mini Christmas village. I would work on my Haunted House too but it is still in Utah at my parents house. We were to scared to bring it with everything else. Did not want it to break! "how old is your son again" Jack is 22 months! They grow so fast. "We had to buy a whole new phone pole to get the phone installed after we moved here because the poles ended at the beginning of our road! We also had to pay to have the wires strung from the beginning of the road up to our house." Wow that is crazy!
  3. new to dollhouse construction

Hello and Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Happy Birthday Nutti

Happy Birthday!!!!
  5. First Time!!

Hello and welcome! I am still working on my first build I chose the Greenleaf Haunted House kit and I have really liked it. I have kind of a similar story I got a dollhouse when I was young and started it but never finished it. Now I love building dollhouses. I think they can all be good choices. My own oppinion is to start with a simple one first. I have learned so much doing this one I feel a lot more confident for my next one. I think it would have been too easy to get overwhelmed with a complex one. Anyway that is my two bits! Good luck and let me know what you decide!
  6. New member from Australia

Hello and welcome! It is always great to meet someone new!
  7. moving

Yes. We are moving. I hate moving, but I think it will work out best for our family. My DH has a year before medical school and this will help us save money. So it is a good move. We are going from Utah to Idaho. DH has a job at the family dairy farm and I should be able to help out feeding calves. It is kind of sudden. We decided 2 days ago and we will be moved within the month so things are a bit crazy around here right now. Anyway, nice to know I can take you all with me because it is hard to leave my friends and family here. Then in one year we will be moving again to Missouri! Crazy! There are defiantly a lot of adventures in this time of life! Anyway, thanks for listening to me. I might be a little slow at responding in about a week, but don’t worry I will mail my swap items before we leave for good. They are actually all ready made! Well, at least that is what I keep saying before I say, “Oh I could make this to go with it too!” LOL to funny!
  8. moving

Yes, I agree moving it a great way to get organized and get rid of stuff. I am finding the longer I pack the more sentimental I get, thus not throwing stuff away. This is goodbye for awhile. I am loosing my computer today and we are moving, (not just packing) so in a week or two I'll be back. Miss you till then. Bye!
  9. Happy Birthday Jenny

Happy birthday! I am glad you are having a good day you deserve it!
  10. Potty training

My son is now 19 months old and I am starting to think about potty training. Then I started thinking, "Wait, there are a lot of people here who have potty trained kids." I am doing searches on the internet trying to find out how, when, where.... but nothing is better than talking to someone who has been there. As an only child I am so often clueless about stuff like this! So, any suggestions? I have heard of a potty training in one day book. I was thinking of trying that. But I also don’t want to push to hard if he is not ready.
  11. Potty training

Sally. I was reading your post aloud to my husband laughing so hard it took several times to read a couple sentences. Thanks, for the laugh!
  12. Potty training

Isnt that the truth! Yes, I think I will mention it too her before we move.
  13. happy birthday, kellee

Happy Birthday!
  14. stupid unreal commercials

I dont watch tv so I haven't seen it but ya, it sounds pretty dumb. I get sick of hearing the stupid comercials on the radio. Wow there are a lot of them. One is a lady talking about how she did not get what she wanted for mothers day so "Woman Unite," she is going to shop at this certain store for fathers day and get herself something. Wow! That realy paints women in a good light. (that was sarcasm sometimes it is hard to pick up with writing) What happened to, it is not the gift but the thought behind it that counts.
  15. Potty training

Oh! This is too funny! That is exactly why I started thinking I was so far behind. One of my friends mother-in-law was always bragging that all her kids were potty trained by the time they were six months. So she is getting all kind of pressure from her husband and mother-in-law to potty train her 9 month old. She dosnt want to because she is afraid she will fail. I thought, "Wow, I am behind, my kid is 19 months!"
  16. What I have been up to

Welcome! I dont remember you because I was not here! So nice to meet you!
  17. Dollhouses and Math

Ditto! That was inspired! Good Job Christine!
  18. Hi Everyone!

hello and welcome! Your house looks fantastic. I cant wait to see your gallery!
  19. Now don't that beat all!

Argh! That would make me pretty mad. You might expect that kind of thing in a poor neighborhood but it doesn't sound like that is where you live. I knew people that would joke when they wanted to get rid of things they would just put them out side and within one night they would be gone! The sad thing is it was not really joking because they were serious. I knew people who had a washer/dryer that were broken they did not want to have to take it to the dump themselves so they just left it on the porch overnight. Sure enough by morning it was gone!
  20. Potty training

Wow, I am slow. I sat looking at your two dogs thinking, "those arent kids those are dogs." :lol:
  21. Potty training

I think this topic just goes to prove as many of you have said that all kids are different. I want to be such a good parent I think sometimes I may get over zealous. Well, since we are moving I am defiantly not going to be introducing anything new for awhile. I think moving is stressful on kids and potty training can be stressful for kids so one at a time. Once he is comfortable in our new home I may start thinking about it again. I do think he may be a little young. I have always been so proud because he has been so fast at so many things.. I actually don't think that had anything to do with me, he is just way active. He was walking at 10 months, before that he showed absolutely no sign of having any interest at all in walking. He did not do the hobble fall over thing when he started walking he just started all the way. Same with talking. He very rarely said one word, when he started talking he spoke in sentences, "I want more," "where is daddy?" ect... He did however start talking after many of my friends children, most of whom were girls. We teach him ASL, he was slow picking that up but when he did he picked it up fast. I was actually getting frustrated because it seemed he was not learning any of it. Then one day I put him on his changing table and with out any prompt he said "bird" both sign and vocal. This was followed by, shorts, dog, and many others all in about five minutes. My point is that I have never been able to really force anything. He learns things on his own terms when he wants to and when he learns them he seems to learn them well.
  22. moving

Havanaholly, ya, you gotten love those small towns. It is like gossip central! In the town we will be moving to I don’t think there is such a thing as privacy, except maybe the fact that your neighbors are 3 miles away! However it is nice to have people wave at you when you are driving by. In big cities you are more likely to get looked at like they would rather kill you than look at you. Anne, That would be fabulous! It will definatly be the biggest move I have ever made and I have never been far away from family. It is kinda scary, but exciting. On a side note I have been to St. Lous, and I love it! It is absolutly beautiful!
  23. moving

Oh you just made my day! I have been longing for a dollhouse store and I cant find any in Utah! I am sure there aren’t any in Idaho either but when I go to Missouri, whoo-ho, dh & mini museum & store there, and a craft store on the same street as the Busch Farm! Yeah! Jax loves zoos. That will be so much fun. I am pretty familiar with Idaho, it is very similar to Utah, so it won’t be much different. The different part is going to be the town. Over 65 miles away from a Walmart or MacDonalds. Population 25. Zane, my husband went to school there in a two room school house until high school. It is so small. The first time I went there they put it in the news paper, seriously. We are not talking country; we are talking the middle of nowhere! It will defiantly be a new experience!
  24. moving

Last time we moved, 4 year ago, I lost my leather jacket. It may seem silly but money is really tight and I saved and used all my Christmas money I was given to buy it. Then within a year it was just gone! I am still sad about it and have not been able to replace it but someday I will. I have even found the exact same jacket I just havent had the same $$$. I will be so carefull this time when I move. It really is a comfort to know my "internet friends are here for you." Thanks! About labeling boxes. I am doing that now. I normally do really good at first but by the end I just dont care any more and end up just throwing everything in a box. I will try to be strong this time and keep everything organized.