corispice

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by corispice

1. I like it a lot, the colors are cute and I like how it's versatile enough to grow up with her... it's appropriate for a little girl to play with, but as she gets older, it seems like the house can grow with her and become a heirloom with more grown up furniture and stuff. Good job!
  2. You have 20? That is insane! Which one is your favorite? I would love to have a Bow Wow Trad but they are so expensive. Thanks for the compliments!
  3. For a long time I wanted a Blythe doll, and in July my boyfriend got me one for my birthday. Then for Christmas he got me 2 more! I think they are so cute, and they fit in with my other hobbies (I'd love to make them a 1/6 scale house or shelf house, and I also love to collect Re-ment and other cutesy Japanese goods). People sell Blythe clothes all over Etsy, but they are so expensive, so I've been teaching myself to sew. I also got a sewing machine for Christmas! Anyway, the dresses on the brown haired doll in both pictures I made by hand from free patterns on the internet. I'm really proud of the striped one b/c it has a collar that looks like a collar and the sleeves aren't wonky like mine usually are. Also, it has bust darts! Yay!
  4. Thank you so much! I've kind of been "off" of minis for a few months now, and some of these projects look to be just right to get the inspiration kick-started!
  5. Those look AWESOME! At first I thought your photos were clips from the movie, your dollhouse looks that real! I love it!
  6. I get both Miniature Collector and DHM right now, but actually wish I would have cancelled Miniature Collector and subscribed to American Miniaturist instead. DHM is a good middle ground, even if it is bi-monthly, there are usually at least a few projects I'd like to do, and cut outs, whereas MC seems to have a lot of stuff about really old toy dollhouses and auctions and less DIY or budget friendly things. From what I've seen of American Miniaturist (I've bought a few copies at my local shop) it had some a nice mix of "Wow" stuff and also things I could make. The U.K. magazines also seem pretty good, from the few times I have had... som enice projects, but all of the shop and show info is for the U.K. I'm like you, I love to read things on the couch or on the bus on my way to work.
  7. corispice

bath

You made those ceramic pieces? They are really, really good and have a very realistic shape to them. I'm enjoying looking through this album, alot of the details are great!
  8. I love the blue, and the shingles really do make it special. Nice job!
  9. Your frosting looks so real, and delicious!
  10. I have ordered way too much from them in the last few months, last week I ordered because I didn't want to let $22 bonus dollars fade away... but when I did that, I promised myself I wouldn't order from HBS for a while.
  11. That just looks so cool... the house will be able to grow up with her! Your shingles are esepecailly cool, and I love the stone finish.
  12. I have been contemplating buying one and making it super girly, rose with burgundy and cream trim, perhaps (I saw a house painted these colors this weekend when visiting my parents). Maybe with shabby chic/ French style furniture, very girly. I think of all of my other 2 houses as very masculine, at least on the exterior, so it will be fun to get away from brick and Liberty Blue and make something super feminine. Oh, yes, and it will need a chandelier! And climbing flowers.
  13. I've been fascinated bu the Willowcrest since I first read about it mentioned here-- it has such a mystique. I have almost bid on it so many times when they pop un Ebay, but then felt guilty because I know some people want it so much and because the price would probably end up going so high... now, I am so excited that I think it will be my next dh purchase!
  14. I've been admiring the house and the thought behind it since you started the gallery for it a bit ago, and I love how beautiful the house is, and I think you have a beautiful heart, too. Tabby is going to love it!
  15. From the album: RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

Well... though I can't make good or realistic bedding, this turned out to be cute and fun. I like it, at least, and my sister-in-law loved it, and my brother even thought it was cool. I know some people think this house kit is boring, but it definitely had it's plusses. It was easy to build, and is very stury. If you don't feel like adding floors, it has pre-grooved floors (I chose to buy and install my own). It isn't huge, but allows for a decent amount of furniture. Also, the style can be easily adapted to look more like a traditional Main Street America home or a farmhousey stle home. Almost all exterior trim was included (I added some picture frame molding and apex brackets to brighten it up). The porch is cute and a nice size for some chairs or a settee. Also, this kit at Crafts, Etc website is something like 80$ with free shipping!
  16. corispice

RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

Built for my niece who will be born in a month and named Kylie! I am so excited to become an aunt, and will be the coolest ever!
  17. corispice

Kitchen

This kitchen is awesome, and is going to look so cool with food and things in it. I've seen this furniture for sale, and thought about buying it, but seeing it here makes me really want it!
  18. corispice

Master bedroom

From the album: RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

Furniture from Realife and Chrysnbon kit (this Realife kit was kind of warped, but I figure if she's into this stuff when she is older, we can get her a nicer bedrrom set). Homemade curtains, bedding. Hat on wall is from Manor House grab bag decorated with spare lace and ribbon. Picture is catalog cutout in handmade frame. Rug is one that I actually bought 2 of! This flooring almost didn't arrive in time, but it looks so nice in person, and so real. The Realife kit ispainted in a color called French Vanilla which is like a creamy, buttermilk yellow and I added a white aging wash and little handpainted flowers. Also, the handles on the night tables are little beads.
  19. From the album: RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

Isn't it weird to think how much the home computer will play a role in someone who is born today? I was born in 1980, and went to college in the late 90s and early 2000s and still couldn't do the things with a computer that someone born even after 1985 can do. Well, anyway, Kylie's childhood and education will probably feature computers a great deal. Though I haven't bought a little computer yet, this will be the desk. The desk & hutch are Realife kits, the chair is a Houseowrks kit from HBS. The walls are grassy green and the trim is adhesive srapbooking ribbon. The carpet is the "budget" off-white carpeting from HBS.
  20. From the album: RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

$1 hutch with white paint over tan with a crackle finish, cool scrapbook paper shelf lining, and thin ribbon trim edging.
  21. corispice

Bathroom

From the album: RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

Bathroom furniture came in a lot from Craigslist (An Artply Allison dollhouse, 2 Realife kits, a Chrysnbon folding table kit with chairs, and the bathroom for $20). The walls are aqua with white tile and white backsplash trim in the tub area. The hutch is from Michaels.
  22. From the album: RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

This hutch turned out really cute with fushia paint, a white aging wash, and mod patterned scrapbook paper details. Ignore the bowls, the really serve no purpose.
  23. From the album: RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

Scrapbook paper below the chair rail, awful handmade curtains (though, HBS fabric grab-bag was a pretty fun deal, got tons of things meant for this house, it was like destiny!) and a painted Michael's hutch. Bed (Daisy House kit) and HOM nightstand kit are in the mail!
  24. From the album: RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

Hardwood floors, lace curtain, and HOM kit painted baby pink and aged Shabby Chic style. Also, almost all of the doors in this house have chrystal door knobs! The picture is a catalog cutout in a "matte" made from a paint chip from Loews in a homemade frame.