Anya

Platinum Member
Everything posted by Anya

1. Anya

1:12th scale Sculptures 2014-

Handmade mixed media.
  2. From the album: 1:12th scale Sculptures 2014-

I was commissioned to design a dragon sculpture for a witches cottage.This one is made of polymer clay and is sitting on a crackle quartz cluster stone. Overall height 2.8cm from the base of the stone to highest point of the dragon's wing. Sold
  3. Anya

Lupercus - Gray Wolf

From the album: 1:12th scale Sculptures 2014-

A grey wolf comission made to the scale of 1:12th pictured in a winter scene. Sold
  4. Anya

The happy Prince

I am sorry for my late reply I hadn't even seen these comments here. Yes I am also a fan of Oscar Wilde's stories, especially The Happy Prince.
  5. Anya

Hunter Of The Hinterland

I make them from jewellrey wire and then I coat them in liquid latex that has been coloured... and then I make tiny claws out of very thin sheets of acrylic that I make myself. Thank you for your comment, nice to see you on DA too
  6. Fantastic idea, I love them. Very pretty!
  7. Thank you so much, it's much appreciated!
  8. Anya

Tudor Inn

Wouldn't you just want to be 1:12th scale for a day just so you could wander about in this house!
  9. Anya

Tudor Inn

How stunning is this?! Just beautiful, really.
  10. Sorry for the late reply Havanaholly, it's great to be back too :hug:
  11. Anya

1:12 scale older sculptures 2005 - 2013

Handmade mixed media
  12. From the album: 1:12 scale older sculptures 2005 - 2013

A fully feathered, polymer clay sculpture of an opened - winged Barn Owl made in 1:12th scale. Measurments: Length - 2. 2cm Wingspan: 4.6 cm The eyes are made of black glass rounds. Sold

© Anya Stone

13. Hi Havanaholly, long time no see. I am really going to try that rubber cement, it sounds like good stuff. Where can I get it from? I hope it is called the same thing in the UK. What is iron on wood veneer strips? I'm so glad to be getting back into dolls houses now my daughter is older I have more time.
  14. Oh it's lovely! You could do a lot with that house. For painting I find that emulsion paint works well and you can add sand and things to it for different effects. I will love to see how you wall paper it, that's one thing I would find daunting. Wall papering a ready built house. There's lots of pics on the net of houses in this style, but yes it's hard to find photos of the Victorian interiors. Have fun
  15. Yes, the room is so cold in winter so it gets condensation and it is a spare so the central heating is switched off so I think that is what caused it. I'll try the glue, varnish and see how it goes. Someone told me that glue can warp the boards but I assume a lot has to be put on for that to happen. Thanks for the tips
  16. I've discovered that a few of my Beacon hill floorboards are coming away at the corners. when I laid them down I used used double sided tape which is very sticky as I was advised not to use glue. I am just wondering if there is anything that will work even better to stick them? I've not worked on my house for ages so this year I'm hoping to make up for lost time. And then there's the Bellingham that needs to be finished too.
  17. From the album: 1:12 scale older sculptures 2005 - 2013

A 1:24 scale laughing kookaburra commission height 1.9cm
  18. Anya

The Happy Prince

Thanks I did attempt to make dolls before but I wasnt happy with them and werent based on realism more like characters so this one is basically a different style and technique. Now I hope to make sculptures that look like real people but I am way off yet. Its fun experimenting though.