AmyD

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by AmyD

1. Good luck with this one. I bought a RGT addition for my house and with shipping and handling had to pay $81.00. I really hope you do get it for that price.
  2. Guess I should have paid more attention in school....lol. I never realized that most rulers are divided into 16ths. While I was searching for a ruler that had 32nds, I discovered that one of my retractabe tape measures starts out in 32nds for the first 5 inches than switches over to 16ths. I think I can get close enough now. Thanks for all the help.
  3. Tracy thank you so much, I can figure it out now.
  4. I'm working on a wing addition and I have to install the second floor. The directions says to attach the second floor 8 5/32" up from the first floor. I can find 8" on the ruler, but I don't know where to locate the 5/32 on a ruler. Can someone explain which line is the 5/32" on a ruler. Thank you very much.
  5. Have you tried looking at www.micromark.com web site. I've never purchased anything from them, but they do get mentioned a lot regarding stuff for minis. Good luck.
  6. Thanks for the advise. I love my body parts more.
  7. I want to check out that circular blade. Can you attach it to the flexshaft? I just love tools....lol
  8. I'm so glad that the forum is back, really missed it. I'm working on an addition and I have to cut out a space in the wall (the house is already built) for double french doors. I bought a Dremel Flex Shaft. It's a tool that one end attaches directly onto the Dremel and it has a long flexable cord or shaft about 3 feet long and on the other end has the part where you can put the drill bit, into. It looks like a fat pen. You can hold it like a pen and get a lot more control while cutting wood, or etching word, sanding. This tool is great for those who aren't used to cutting with a regular dremel. I just need a little more practice and than I can cut my hole for the french doors.
  9. I order the Bianca Flush Mount Working Ceiling Fan with my coupon. Can't wait to get it. :wub:
  10. I'm so so sorry if this is not the correct place for this question. Has anyone ever order from Mainly Minis website? I have them bookmarked in my favorites but I guess I have never placed an order from them. Where do I ask question regarding other mini websites? Thank you Amy
  11. The more I read about people getting their kits, the more I want one. It's just past 7:30 pm, so the deadline is sooo close. Still not sure what to do. I want it, but then again....... I have a lot of stuff that I know that I can use to decorate and I didn't have any bashing in mind. What to do.
  12. I think you are in the same boat as most of us. I have mini's hidden all over the place :idea: My husband knows of most of them, but like yours not en masse. To be honest, I'm a little afraid to see my entire hoard en masse . I have forgotten about so much, that I've bought double of so many things. I'll try to organize my minis and always find things that I have forgotten about.
  13. I did send an email asking for a tracking number a couple of days ago and they said that they didn't have tracking numbers for stuff that goes through Air mail. I don't understand why you can't track something sent by Air Mail. So I decided to wait a little longer. Than last night I got their email asking for a review. I did reply back to their email telling them that since I haven't received my order yet I had nothing to review. They replied back stating that it does seem that my package is lost and sent me a form to fill out for either a replacement or a refund. I think I might go for the refund.
  14. Get this, I got an email from Dolls Emporium today asking me to write a review on some of the products that I have ordered from them. I haven't received that order yet, so they want me to review items I haven't even gotten yet.
  15. I am so tempted to order. I really shouldn't short on money and space and if I do decide to order I want both the left and right additions. And I have no space, but I really really do want it. What to do, what to do.
  16. For me sometimes it's the house and sometimes it's a piece of furniture. Sometimes nothing talks to me at all. That's what happened with last years HBS Creatin Contest. Well sort of. I saw the house and it told me to only had one idea and no matter what I did I couldn't pull it off. Than the house went silent. So I didn't enter. Sadly the same thing happened with this year's contest. Which is sort of ok because money is short and so is space. So I decided to put all of my effort and time into a house that has been quietly sitting on the sideline. But then as soon as I saw the GL Spring Fling, that screamed and screamed loudly to me. Which is killing me, short on money and space. I hate it when something talks to you and you can't afford to answer back. I recently got a real working tv, and because of it, I'm currently adding on an addition, and totally changing the interior of the house. The current interior is 1920's inspired. But since the tv is a large flat screen, I need to modernize the house. That is one loud talking tv. Sideline here I'm also waiting on Doll House Emporium's Royal Mail. My package (which is a birthday present is a week late grrrrrrr.)
  17. I think we might be mini twins... That is exactly how I am.
  18. You could try listing them in your local Craigslist or maybe give them to a thrift shop.
  19. Right now I'm working on not losing my mind. Waiting for a package to arrive so I can continue the addition on my Raspberry Parfait. I'm adding a family room to the house. I have most of the addition built but I'm waiting on some french doors that I'm going to install on the side of the house where the addition is going.
  20. Thank you and Thank you. Today wasn't anything special, but the real party is on Sunday. That's when the whole family will be up. Thanks again.
  21. A miniature hoarder.....I just love it...he he. Everytime I see that show I get the urge to clean house.
  22. The house that I grew up in had a bedroom that was like this, you had to go through the upstairs bathroom to get into that room. I always thought it was odd, but it was my older sister's room.
  23. First of all I get a kick out of the emoticons. I don't use them that much, but I do like them. Stairs, I agree with you. A lot of times there isn't enough room. I would rather have them in a house, but I also want to be able to use the space for other things. A house doesn't seem right without a bathroom, but that is often the last room that I think about. I was working on a one room school house and bought a outhouse for it. I think my biggest pet peeve is when you buy something that states it's one certain scale and then when you put it into the house it seems too big. I have bought things that came package from the manufacturer that stated 1 inch scale and it just seem too big.