jaurbanski

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by jaurbanski

1. FYI https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253797289287
  2. I have it...almost completed. It's huge! ...but it is nice so I wouldn't try to talk you out of it.
  3. jaurbanski

Alexandria

That they do...i think the further i compete on the house, the more they play. Its funny too because i have the upstairs almost done and thats where they seem to play the most
  4. Oops i didnt see the duplicate. .. Thank you for the suggestions! Its a plexi kind of plastic. Im really starting to prefer non moving windows that the plastic comes out of!
  5. jaurbanski

Alexandria

Thats fitting because its as big as a parking garage! Lol
  6. jaurbanski

DC Alexandria

This is my first dollhouse that I have attempted. I started 10 years ago before i found this forum and stopped. Finding this forum has given me the courage to start again. Now, i have to work around what i started and am doing it bass ackwards :)
  7. jaurbanski

Alexandria

From the album: DC Alexandria

This is where I'm at today...does anyone else work on a dollhouse while the kids are playing with it....
  8. So i thought i was smart and taped up the glass on the window and spray painted it. I like the nice even look of it. But when i took the tape off...ugh paint leaked. Two questions, 1. How do i get it off? I tried polish remover....2. How do you paint windowthat the plastic doesnt come out? Thank you ahead of time Joyce
  9. I love it Holly: ) i painted my roof yesterday, before i did thoygh, i had an old piece of roof that i cut a while back for better access to rooms...and painted it to see...great suggestion! Hopefully i will get to pics tomorrow!
  10. Age is just a number....my dh and i are 13 years apart...hes older....and i had twins at 41 lol. You are as old as you want to be and i will tell you, those kids keep me hopping and young Great presents...your husband is clearly in tune with you. I got a new nikon d5100. Unfortunately i cant settle on one hobby lol. But love photography and mini's!
  11. Age is just a number....my dh and i are 13 years apart...hes older....and i had twins at 41 lol. You are as old as you want to be and i will tell you, those kids keep me hopping and young Great presents...your husband is clearly in tune with you. I got a new nikon d5100. Unfortunately i cant settle on one hobby lol. But love photography and mini's!
  12. Lol thank you Yes, busy is an understatement
  13. Ohthe bungalow is awesome. I started this house like 10 years ago and just did it without any thought of order so i have been doing it bass ackward! I quit and now starting back with a little more common sense but now have to go with what i did. the roof is already glued. I just didn't know if paint looks right on shakes. I will post pics soon. I have 8 kids...5 littles so they get most of my time.
  14. I have a cedar shake roof...is it ok to use paint on it? Thank you!
  15. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=251372751904 Lots of lighting stuff Transformer Lights Etc Decided not to light house...most nip
  16. Im thinking it will be too much...plus i like the sturdiness of mdf....not so sure if i want it now....
  17. Im not sure all the pieces are there....i got it cheap, but to know whats there....omg! I also thought it was mdf...im a bit disappointed to see it has very flimsy pieces...im thinking the two big ones are floors. Im putting the Alexandria together now and the construction seems much sturdier. Im not sure if i want to keep or sell it....sigh. i just thought with it being so heavy it was mdf....
  18. Has anyone put together a vm800? I just got a kit that i have to inventory. ...holy moly....the pieces! Worse than my Alexandria!
  19. I want to make an alice in wonderland garden....life size....sigh
  20. Lol...the bottom shows no markings or stickers...its actually dug in looking uneven...i will post a pic in a few minutes: ) im thinking its pottery not wood. I thought wood because of the black...it seems sturdy and dense
  21. Indian...hmmm you are right...my first thought was african but googling it, i couldnt find anything. ..its so intricately done...thank you
  22. I got this small wooden pitcher in a box lot of dollhouse furniture but it doesnt look like your average dollhouse stuff....its only 2 inches ...does anyone know what may be?
  23. One of these days i will get a sweetheart house to make a fairy house....but need to finish my monster Alexandria. ..and MMansion first...