jillybean

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by jillybean

1. *Waves* I think we might have met at the miniature museum. Either way, welcome! My advice would be to make patterns of every wall and floor and label them, so wallpapering is easy. And re-wallpapering is easy, because trust me, you'll probably change your mind along the way. I've changed my mind on my flooring for my Victorianna like four times and I haven't even glued it down yet.
  2. jillybean

Stairway

Those stairs are to die for!
  3. That is awesome - can you make a regular sized one and send it my way for my living room? Looks so comfy and real.
  4. I used a battery pack for my under counter Lundby kitchen lighting once I found out the Lundby cabinets were already drilled for lighting I got courageous. It's so easy I couldn't believe it. My little system has 6 LEDs operated on a coin battery, and they are bright enough - even the light in the oven looks great. The only thing is - it's hard to take a good pic of the lighting. Well, but I am camera impaired. Still I love it the battery powered, especially for small scenes.
  5. Sandpaper! That is brilliant. Off to go look up tutorials. Thanks!
  6. I'm going to be installing a brick wall in my Petite Princess kitchen, but I don't know, since it's 3/4 scale, which brick to use? Do I use 1:12 or would it look better to scale down and do 1:24. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  7. jillybean

Almost done

That is jawdropping. Really amazing work. It's very hard to tell the difference between the real and the tiny!!!!
  8. I love Petite Princess. I just started a collection - bought a "lot" on Ebay. It's really pretty and very dainty.
  9. I just bought some Petite Princess Pieces on Ebay (Thanks Pat!!), and I'm beside myself with joy. I saw a wing salon chair in an antique store - it was in poor condition and they were asking 35 for one chair. I couldn't justify paying that for one piece, especially in such poor condition, but from that moment, I was in love. Ideal really gets me. I am in love. I think this is all stemming from the Ideal Velvet doll I wanted but never got as a child, LOL. Has anyone ever used Lundby pieces or Tomy Smaller Homes pieces with Petite Princess? I'm also drawn seriously to Lundby and Tomy.
  10. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
  11. jillybean

1978 first DH

Absolutely stunning. I wish I could do stone work that well.
  12. OMIGOSH. This is absolutely, bar none, the best staircase I've ever seen in a dollhouse. I am in love. I am a fool for foyers and staircases in general.
  13. jillybean

My Museum Attic Sale Finds

14. From the album: My Museum Attic Sale Finds

The floors are absolutely to die for.I need to get a better picture of the railing - it's very intricate. I'm in love.
  15. From the album: My Museum Attic Sale Finds

The camera doesn't capture the lovely treatment they did on the fireplace.
  16. From the album: My Museum Attic Sale Finds

I had to scoop this guy up. The craftsmanship is amazing. Only $48. How could I resist? I love half scale, because it can sit on my kitchen table as the centerpiece. I could (and have been) staring at this guy all day.
  17. I can't wait to see final pics of these. I've been interested in them for some time!
  18. I'm cracking up here at that video of the Main Street Electrical Parade! I worked at Disney in the parade one summer between semesters in college. That song is burned in my brain! The scariest place in the whole park was in the warehouse where they stored the floats after dark. My heart speeds up just thinking about being in there.
  19. Ok, so my FF build has begun! I have the foundation started. Hubby did the gluing and it's perfect - he used all his woodworking clamps and tools and I'm excited. I'm planning the kitchen. From what I'm seeing, everyone makes their own cabinets. I saw a couple of kits, but it looks like they don't make them anymore? Is there a supplier of kitchen cabinet kits that I'm missing?
  20. WAHOO! The Fairfield arrived today. I opened it up and I am in love with the size. Sadly I can't start on it because hubby is gone this weekend (he's the construction general manager and chief sander.) It's killing me to have it there, but not be able to do anything. I already have the waster and dryer - the two Acme washer and dryer magnets. Hubby looked at the pieces and said, "I could totally make that." I'm guessing the next project will be from scratch...LOL.
  21. Yes, HH, I've read all about your bashed Fairfield and I'm chomping at the bit to see pics of it...hint...hint... And Morgan I will post pictures. I'm a picture nut, too. I can't believe how much I've learned just by looking at the Gallery. And I've made a list of tools to get and noted things that might fit a half scale house. It's all so helpful. I love the furniture on some of the sites, but I must admit, the things/houses that I really love are the things that people have created. I am so impressed! Using an upside down golf tee for a lamp base? Brilliant! And a bent nail for a faucet? Wonderful. Also the coffee stirrers for flooring.
  22. I did a gallery search, but none of those houses featured are the same. I really would love to see one done up. I'm not good at painting, so I doubt mine would look great....I need to see how it's done. The videos of the guy putting it together makes it look so easy - all the tabs/slots are numbered and you just plug them in. Anyway, I wanted to know the height of the ceiling. They got back to me in a few hours. They're a small business, and I love to support that of course!!