phyllis menno

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by phyllis menno

1. looks like you didn't use the kit windows but put in differnt ones. Why and how much did they cost? I like the color of the woodstain. lovely.
  2. just beautiful. The dark green is very elegant. How did you get into the space? Did you paper before you put together the house? I am having trouble figuring out how to get into there.
  3. phyllis menno

Garfield follies

first attempt at dollhouse building
  4. From the album: Garfield follies

rug covers a multitude of floor flaws
  5. From the album: Garfield follies

ok, so i got a little design happy. Laying sticks can be really boring wihtout a challenge.
  6. From the album: Garfield follies

another view of dining area
  7. From the album: Garfield follies

close up of WALLpaper in living room
  8. From the album: Garfield follies

Another rice paper wall paper. i'm not sure if I will use the "tile" flooring. Plan to use white baseboard.
  9. From the album: Garfield follies

the "beadboard" along the walls mimics what we have in our craftsman style home. The walls will just be painted adn there will be a plate railing along the top of the beadboard.
  10. From the album: Garfield follies

still to come, picture rail and baseboards.
  11. From the album: Garfield follies

stairwell.
  12. From the album: Garfield follies

piece by piece. if you look closely at the floor there are clearly gaps and perfect is a long way away, but just like in my real home, the eye doesn't see the small defects if the whole is pleasing. At least that's my rationalization.
  13. From the album: Garfield follies

more floor
  14. From the album: Garfield follies

making the floors for the first floor
  15. From the album: Garfield follies

outside view
  16. From the album: Garfield follies

this is very time cinsuming and to have to enter a message each time is going to be boring for you all!
  17. From the album: Garfield follies

Put all the window frames on first, then realized that it was much easier to put on siding wihtout frames. Yaargh. Color scheme from many Ellsworth Storey homes in the area
  18. Hi- admiring your Garfield. Looks like you are not planning to wire. Is this true? if you are going to wire, how do you plan to do it after you have the wallpaper on? Thanks.
  19. I've managed to put my photos into the Greenleaf subcategory, but how do i get them into a gallery posting? In other words, how do I opena gallery in members' galleries? Thanks
  20. here's my powerpoint effort. This is my first (and last because I may not live long enough to start another at the rate I am going!). Quite a bit of it is now- "well, good enough"- for example the rug covers some minor mismatches in the flooring, the siding is far from perfect, etc. Hope this works. oops, forgot attachmentdollhouse.ppt
  21. well, i am trying to post,but I thinkthis wil be far too difficult and time consuming. Althoughthe photos are save as jpegs, they are huge. I am sure they canbe compressed further for web viewing but that isbeyond my capability. I'm going to try to put togethr a powerpoint and then seehow big that it is. Any other suggestions would be welcomed.
  22. Your floors are beautiful. What did you use? I've used coffee stirrers and from far away the floors look great, but close up it's clear they're not true parquet.
  23. To Jaimie MArvon: what are you using for the decking on the porch? Looks great.