IrishMist

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by IrishMist

1. THANKS! everyone. This was a really fun and easy project. To answer a few of your questions.... The link to my albums is under my signature - it says My Webshots And yes Deb, I made all the furniture and 99% of the accesories. The Kitchen, shelves, and bed are foamcore board. The table and chairs should look familiar to you - they are punch out pieces from some of your houses! Thanks again, and good luck to everyone. I really hope that several of us in the forum win. That would be so cool! Carol
  2. Thanks Holly, and yes, I made her. She's poly clay on a wire frame.
  3. Just got my pictures maiked off for the miniatures.com travel trailer contest and wanted to share them.... and get opinions please! The full album is now in my webshots. Carol
  4. Thanks! for all the kind comments. Charlene - I use a steel crochet hook size 9 or smaller and whatever fine thread suits my fancy. It's tricky to get started, but once you have something to hang on to, it goes really quickly. Carol
  5. It came from Delaware, so I doubt Katrina had much to do with it.... but that's an idea I had not considered.
  6. IrishMist

Snail mail

I thought I knew what slow shipping was.... until today. My postlady just delivered a package that I had ordered from eBay. I had already reported it missing, and the items had beeen replaced. Not unusual, you say? It was postmarked 07/25/2005! :yikes: The items had been replaced over a year ago! It was in PERFECT condition, the address was printed out and very legible. So where do you s'pose my package has been for the last year and a half? :yikes: B)
  7. Just wanted to share yet another way to dress a bed. This is my version of a real sized 1850ish bed canopy and coverlet I saw in a museum. The bed is in the master bedroom of my Jefferson.
  8. Mine arrived a few minutes ago. What a wonderful bunch of surprises! This was a truly excellent swap! Carol
  9. IrishMist

Need to Vent

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Peggi))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))) I'll put the tea kettle on for you.......
  10. For future reference - HBS and Dejoux both sell the corner trim posts as stock lumber trim. My Michaels also carries them. I use them on all my houses to hide hard wires running from floor to floor. Carol
  11. First of all, it's intersting reading about everyone else's interests! As far as my other hobbies - I am a Nationally Certified Master Knitter, and a retired member of the Midwest Professional Needle Artists. I enjoy and have taught every form of needle art/work that I have ever run across. I especially like figuring out ancient needle arts that no one seems to be doing any more and reproducing ancient clothing from pics. I like to spin my own yarn and experiment with different fibers. I also teach regular sewing and tailoring. My best friend and I own a sewing business for equestrian competitors and their mounts. We make English Riding Suits, Arabian costumes, driving suits, etc. I also like charcoal sketching, water colors, oil painting, sculpting, restoring antiques, vegetarian cooking, baking, and reading Celtic history and mysteries. I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and 3 Siamese cats, which I breed - the Siamese, not the Corgi with the Siamese In addition to the dollhouses I collect Barbies and Irish dolls, and I enjoy making and dressing dolls. I like to design and make earrings and pendants, as well as polishing my own stones. (Ex was a lapidary) I used to make candles and soaps, but haven't done that for several years. And in my spare time..... Carol
  12. Tracy- The pics I think you are refering to are in my Crayon House transformation on WebShots. Thanks for remembering them! Carol
  13. I use a thick layer of joint compound to set the bricks/stones, that way they look grouted from the start. You can color it if you want to. Carol