nechee

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by nechee

1. I am hoping to enter this year. Last years kit did not speak to me at all so I am hoping this one speaks loudly enough that I can ask for it for my birthday. I love that my birthday is so close to the spring fling. :jumping:
  2. I live in southern ontario and there has been hardly any snow at all. I have had to shovel my sidewalk twice all season and then within a day or two it all melted. Totally different from what we are used to.
  3. nechee

IMGP0264.JPG

no, they are actually action figures. They were from Todd McFarlane's Metallica.
  4. LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!! I can't wait until it comes out. I hope it is not too much. I am asking for it for my birthday which is right around the time that Spring Fling comes out. WOO HOO!!!! It is great that it is finally March.
  5. :lol: Those weeks will fly by. And don't worry about the turning. My son was still head up all the way up until a week before I delivered. My husband nearly went nuts but the time I delivered our last baby. I made him scrub the tub every day after he had a shower because I could not stand the smell of the soap he used.
  6. Will we get a sneak peek like we did last year?
  7. I would say that they are compatible as the bottom house looks almost exactly like the top house. I would say that the shell at the top is the same as the house on the bottom so they would be compatible.
  8. I am so sorry for your unexpected loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Big ((((HUGS))))
  9. As I said in the other thread I would prefer 1" scale but I will participate regardless of the scale.
  10. I voted 1" scale because I am horrible at actually making things in 1 inch scale and I think if I tried for 1/2 scale would be worse. I can't wait for Spring FLing regardless of the scale. Fling on!!!!!
  11. I know it is early in the year but I am already looking forward to Spring Fling. I had fun last year making my contest house and receiving the really cute quarter scale version that I already can't wait to start this year. Also if I am thinking about Spring Fling I am reminded that winter is not as long as it seems.
  12. nechee

Father passing

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  13. I have the same problem too, every time I try to reply to a message. It says the number of quotes does not match up. I just do what you have said Roxxie and Sherry and it works fine.
  14. I completely feel for your daughter. Last year someone broke into our house while we were sleeping. Took my husbands PS3 and games and also some rings of mine. It was horrible because we were all sleeping. My son is still traumatized over it. My husband still won't wake up in the morning by himself, he gets me up to wait for him while he is in the shower. We got an alarm system shortly after that. It has door alarms and window alarms and a motion sensor. If someone moves in the house when there is not supposed to be movement the alarm will go off. Getting door security bars are a great idea but I also suggest an alarm system.
  15. So sorry to hear about MonsterFace. It is hard to bear when a beloved furbaby passes on especially when they are so young. Don't blame yourself, you did everything you could.
  16. LOL!! I was thinking this would be perfect for the Candy Shop scene I have had in my head for ages. It has been screaming at me but I could never find the right house for it. As soon as I seen the pictures of the Ashley I knew it was right.
  17. I have a few recipes that might be good for a brunch but they are made in a slow cooker. Hot citrus punch 4 cups prepared orange juice 12 1/2 oz (one can) frozen concentrated lemonade thawed 4 cups sprite 4 cups ginger ale Combine all four ingredients in slow cooker. Stir, cover and cook on low for at least 3 hours until quite warm. or there is this apple punch recipe 4 1/3 cups apple juice 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed 1/2 tsp lemon juice 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches long, broken up and crushed in plastic bag 15 whole cloves 1 orange pekoe teabag combine apple juice, brown sugar and lemon juice in slow cooker. Tie cinnamon, cloves, and tea bag in double layer of cheesecloth. Add to slow cooker. Cover heat on low for 3 hours discard spice bag. Makes 4 cups.
  18. I am trying to quit smoking and not doing a good job. I tried cold turkey and I became a mean and nasty B with a capital ITCH. I tried cutting back and I just ended up smoking as much as I did before if not more. I have been a 1 - 2 pack a day smoker since I was a young teenager and I am in my thirties now. I would love any tips that anyone could have for me. I am driving my family crazy. Thanks in advance.
  19. I have a bread machine that I got off of freecycle. It was still new in the box. The woman got it for a wedding present and never used it. I adore it. At the end of the last knead I take the mixing arm off so that the only hole in the loaf is a little one that the mixing arm stays on. I use mine almost every day. My kids love the bread that comes out of it and I love the rolls that I make with it. I have a recipe in my book for bagels and if there is one thing that my kids will go through it is bagels. I just make the dough and freeze it (freezes well) then I make bagels whenever my chilren are throwing fits for them(they usually only like the ones that the local Tim Hortons makes but they like my homemade ones more.) I recommend a bread machine for everyone.
  20. Wow!! I can't wait to see this one. I will be following very closely. I used to have the plans for the Glencliff but my husband cleaned out my craft area and he threw them out. I could have shot him for that, but it was a couple of years ago now and he keeps telling me he is going to replace them, but I don't see that coming anytime in the near future. I hope it goes well and keep us all posted.
  21. OH MY!!!!! I am in love with that Van Buren. I am going to need to get that one.
  22. I am really late coming on to this thread but you definately have my prayers and my thoughts. It sounds like a very trying time. I don't know anything but it sounds like everyone is going through pretty major loop. Good luck and my prayers are with you.
  23. another BIG vote for the Victorianna. And I waould also like to see a castle kit. I think a castle would be a great thing for the small building with lots of additions to make it bigger. You could add on towers and turrets and bridges and lots of other things.
  24. GOod luck with your surgery. I have been near sighted almost all my life and I do not know what it would be like to see 20/20 without glasses or contacts. I hope everything goes well and that you have a good first sight!!!