Miss Elaine

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Miss Elaine

1. I agree and I think it's worth it.
  2. The pool was heated and the weather was great in Orlando, but the best day was my trip to Ron's Miniatures. I could have spent the whole day there, but I would have been to tempted to keep spending. I also got some good advice on wiring my new East Side Townhouse. I have had alot of trouble with the electric in many of my other houses. They agreed that if houses with thinner wood or houses that are moved around frequently have trouble with shorts with the tape wiring systems. I was advised to use regular wire for my new house. Anyway, a picture of my new toys. The middle is called "farmers brunch" and I love it! Soooo German.
  3. Thank you for sharing this tip. Your house looks great!
  4. I have my McKinley (Mase's Pub) in the TV/bar room and my Beacon Hill in the dining room alcove (that looks like the alcove of the Beacon Hill missing the middle window). I have my Porzellanladen in my china closet in the dining room. I have chalet music box houses in my living room and German & Italian shadow boxes on the living room wall and heading up the stairs. Upstairs I have one bedroom that is all mine. One wall is all shelves for my (many) room boxes and small dollhouses. down the middle of the room is back opening houses so I can walk on both sides. This row includes my San Franciscan, The Royal Tea Room, Emma's Reading Room and Music Loft, and a big house who's name I do not yet know. My Brimble (Theurer's Groceries) is at the end of this row of houses since I can see three sides. The other wall has hanging houses like the Animal Shelter and the Post office :mail: and some Reutter shadow boxes. Under those houses is my work table and my "German House," which sits on a large cabinet that I plan on making into a Christmas house. :o I do have one problem. My room is full and I bought the East Side Townhouse at Ernie's sale. Oh...I just noticed an emply wall next to the china closet in the dining room. Hmmm..... I am planning on taking some more pictures for my gallery. Maybe I'll try to get one of the whole room. I could probably stand on a ladder. I'll see.
  5. Definately go to Ron's in Orlando. It's not really out of your way. I'm making my pilgrimage next week. They have everything! You can spend hours there. Check this web site for other cities: http://www.myminiatures.com/ Scroll down near the bottom and click on the search for a shop botton.
  6. After looking at the prices of Bespaq furniture, I'd be afraid to even touch it, much less reupholster it. It might be easier to change your wallpaper.
  7. Try searching German or Bavarian or Deutsch. I say many full size houses like this in Germany.
  8. What a good idea! That's what I love about this place. Everyone has such great ideas and everyone shares!
  9. Paperclay? I only said this because I just found out what is it.
  10. Thank you! The web site answered my questions! Also, if someone else has the same question, it will probably show up in a search now.
  11. I'm pretty sure the Beacon Hill comes with punch out flat doors for interior and exterior. You will need hinges and doorknobs. The upstairs exterior door is not a door, just a window. I replaced all my doors with purchased premade doors, including the second floor window to the roof. I think I had to do some sanding or cutting to make them fit. It's been a long time since I did my house. Maybe someone else remembers better.
  12. I keep reading about paperclay and I understand what everyone is doing, but I still don't know exactly what it is. I have looked at the great pictures and would like to try using it. Do you make it yourself? Is there a tutorial here somewhere? I did try a search. Do you buy a mix? Is it the same as paper mache? Do you carve it like clay? Thanks for your help.
  13. Great details! Thanks for sharing.
  14. OMG... that's all I can say. I'm stunned! :jawdrop:
  15. My coupon says "One day only - April 1st". I marked my calendar so I wouldn't forget. I wonder why you get to start early. Silly me... I just checked my email and I did get the new code. I just ordered the East Side Townhouse. I wish we could use it more than once. I love the Reutter kitchen stuff, but I've been waiting to get this house. Thanks for the post!
  16. Did you mean a mini stork or a paper stork? If you want a solid one, I suggest look in the nearest store that sells cake decorations or party supplies. For instance check out these web sites: 3 inch stork: http://www.rivermillantique.com/norostfi.html 6 inch http://www.amazon.com/Stork-Baby-Shower-Ce...n/dp/B000LWD5NQ 6 inch http://www.creationsbyedith.com/product_in...0dd392f9e0932a0
  17. I stopped in for a scoop of mint chocolate chip, but I left with bags of penny candy. Great shop!
  18. Miss Elaine

icecream 052.jpg

I love penny candy! Good sprinkles for the ice creme!
  19. Just for a good laugh, go to my gallery, click on Animal Shelter, then find this picture and click it up. Under the bed the brown blob and the black blob are my attempts at crafting cats. The cats on the bed are made by "real" artists, but my little blobs of clay are still having fun in the shelter, no matter how weird they look next to the fancy cats. I'll keep trying. The fun is in the making, and the things you make yourself will be just as precious to you as all the fancy things other people make. Also, check out the bed. My mother just draped and glued old lace on a wood frame. I think it's beautiful and I love it in that room.
  20. I'm a little confused. I just received something from Greenleaf and enclosed was a sheet with pictures of 22 dollhouses. The Willowcrest and the Emerson Row (which I also love) are pictured. There is also an order form that lists the Willowcrest and the Emerson Row. If these are retired, does that just mean that when they run out, they will not make more? Maybe if we want one, we should get it now from the Greenleaf store. By the way, I just love this sheet. I can instantly see what all the houses look like that everyone is talking about. Thanks Greenleaf!
  21. Beautiful house. I love all the pictures. Congratulations!
  22. I have been helping my niece build a dollhouse and have a lot of my supplies at her house. I went over there yesterday to find my roofing material. My niece is away at college so I started rummaging. Her older sister is moving out and has many boxes piled around the dollhouse. I moved some things and found a room box that I had made for my niece when she was very young. It is in very bad shape and I just couldn't leave it there. I never found my roofing, but I came home with another project; I will now be working on restoring "Edna's Pet Shop." I put the "before" pictures in my gallery. I wish I had taken pictures before I gave it to her.
  23. Miss Elaine

Edna's Pet Shop

Created this pet shop many years ago to honor my Aunt Edna. I gave the house to my niece MacKensie. I found it uncared for yesterday and decided to bring it home and fix it up.