ChildhoodRevisited

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChildhoodRevisited

1. Hi all, I've been away for a bit. Had surgery, moved, daughter got married, now I'm going to be a grandmother. But I am also digging out the house and going to finally set it up. I have all the furniture, etc but never put it together. Pictures soon. Basically, it is taking off from where my album ended!
  2. I went to my 30th in 2007 and will be there for the 35th. I am from a small town in VT, we had under 200 in our class and a lot of us still keep in touch. My home town makes a big thing of Alumni weekend. There is a big parade where they shut down Main St. and each 5 year anniversary class has a float that we walk with. (That is the younger classes, the older ones graduate to a flat bed truck with lawn chairs. That will be our class in a few years, LOL) Very few of my classmates live in my home town, but we all come home for Alumni during our special anniversary years. In fact, I'm going to FL in 2 weeks to visit a friend from high school. What is sad is, we've already lost about 10 of our class mates to death. We just lost another one this past week. Edited to mention, the town also brings the oldest living graduates out of the nursing homes and puts them in convertables to wave to the parade audience. (no, they do no let them drive, LOL)
  3. I majored in Commercial Art in college, then went on to be an admin. assistant for the next 25 years. I am currently an Emergency Dispatcher at an Airport which also means I deal with the passengers and their problems too. Only 11 more years and I can retire! I'm counting down!
  4. ChildhoodRevisited

Brownies

Your items made me hungry. I had to search my cupboards after seeing your pieces!
  5. It looks so cheerful! It is really lovely!
  6. Update: I've started on interior! I uploaded to my album (can't do it here until I figure out how to resize the pics) the bed I finished. I wove it by hand to look wicker, then knit the coverlet, and used some old hankies from my grandmother to make the sheets and pillow cases. The skirt is left over trim from a hankie I used to make the living room drapes with. The bath is pretty much done also. Although, I do want to find a nice painting to hang over the tub area.
  7. ChildhoodRevisited

The Arthur

Time to start the interior!
  8. From the album: The Arthur

I wove the bed, knitted the cover, and made the sheets and pillow cases from hankies that were my grandmothers.
  9. My sympathy to you. I have a friend with a diabetic cat, she gives it shots daily. Are you able to do that or is he past that stage? Sometimes they are stronger than you think. I have one with a heart defect that was not supposed to live past 6 months. She is now 9 and still going strong.
  10. I have been working on the bedding for the wicker bed I wove. I remember there was a previous discussion about sewing and how you couldn't sew to scale. I just wanted to throw in that I have just been cutting the material and using "fray check" on the edges so no sewing is involved but the edges look clean. I use it immediately after I cut the cloth so it doesn't have a chance to fray. (I sew also, so I have a pair of scissors that are for material only, which makes a clean cut.) The bed is looking "comfy" so far (my girls used to use that word when they were little). I had a collection of hankerchiefs from my grandmother and I found one with the littlest tatted trim which will be the sheet. It looks so perfect folded over at the top! I will post a pic when I am done. (still knitting the top cover) if I can figure out how to reduce the size for download from my new camera.
  11. Let me chime in with my 2 cents! Wonderful job! -_-
  12. Everyones encouragement will keep me going. I may have to rant during the next few weeks but I hope not! ;) In the mean time, I'll be churning out those little blankets! Can't smoke when knitting with needles the size of toothpicks. :o
  13. You have me motivated! We can be "non-smoking" buddies ;)
  14. Today will be day 2 on Chantix. I have smoked for 30 years and now am going to quit. My quit date is June 17th. Last week, my Doctor told me my red blood cell count was up, meaning I am not taking in enough oxygen. I don't want to end up dragging around a tank, so I will quit! My life is very happy right now, so that should help with the frustrations of quitting. Supposedly the most common side effect from the Chantix is lucid dreams. Some people quite enjoy them. Hopefully, I will too! I'll just keep my hands busy with my mini's!
  15. I would like some snow now too! Here in New Hampshire, it is 100 for the 3rd day in a row. Thank god AC although I may not say that when the electric bill comes!
  16. Thank you all for the support. You are like family, so if this works out, I will take a picture! I do plan on taking my time as I am enjoying my single life with my minis and daughters. I haven't been looking for another person in my life, but I guess, when you aren't looking, thats when they show up.
  17. So, tonight I had a first date. I've been divorced for 7 years. It was a guy who just happened to stop into the bar where a bridal shower I was attending happened to be. He is a publicist for a state congressman. We exchanged numbers. (It was 1 1/2 hr north of where I live, he was 2 hours north of where I live. He lives 1/2 hr. south of me.) I left the shower with my daughters and drove home. After I was home, he called on his way home and asked me to dinner. We met at restaurant just down the street from me. I had a great time. We talked for hours. He thinks I'm adorable and a hot ticket. I'm just having a hard time accepting the compliments. He wants to see me again and vis versa, I'm just nervous after all these years. I was married 17 yrs before I got divorced. Its a whole new territory for me. Any suggestions to get over this "what does he see in me?" complex I have?
  18. I got my Arthur kit on ebay for about $25.00.