shamrockgirl18

Platinum Member
  • Content count

• Last visited

Everything posted by shamrockgirl18

1. Miniatures.com

I've never bought one before- what kind of goodies are in there?
  2. Instagram

me too! you can find me @tiedyelibraryn I post dollhouse and mini pics, but I also post pics of my cats, my bunnies, my kid and book recommendations (I'm a librarian)
  3. For Beauty & Beast fans!

Today at Marshall's, I picked up a set of 1:6 scale miniatures based on the live action Beauty and the Beast! They were only $3.99! Target has them as well: https://www.target.com/p/disney-beauty-and-the-beast-castle-friends-collection/-/A-51339781 They are meant to go with the Belle Barbie doll (which is supposed to look like Emma Watson), but I wanted to put them in La Libraire de Belle. Even though they are not 1:12 scale, they look OK. Here's a pic of how they look in my dollhouse:   http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=3025&tab=node_gallery_gallery
  4. For Beauty & Beast fans!

Yes, I have used Barbie stuff before in my 1:12 dollhouses, so sometimes I wonder how many of her accessories are truly 1:6 scale.  .  .it's nice to have so many options- Barbie usually has some pretty good stuff!
  5. 1:6 scale mini's

From the album La librairie de la Belle

accessories for the Belle Barbie doll
  6. 1:6 mini's

From the album La librairie de la Belle

accessories for the Belle Barbie doll
  7. kitchen upgrades

From the album Rosehill Cottage

table and chairs, new cabinet with dishes
  8. kitchen

From the album Lucky 13

has same color scheme as Pee Wee's Big Adventure
  9. decorating for Christmas

Since I already have a Santa house, a Christmas Story house and a Christmase Mouse House, I never decorate my other houses.  .  .but lately I've been thinking about how cute it would be to decorate Rosehill Cottage, with all pink/shabby chic decorations
  10. decorating for Christmas

Just wondering how many of you decorate your 'regular' houses for Christmas (or other holidays) and how many of you have special Christmas themed houses that are always decorated-   Happy Holidays everyone!
  11. living room

From the album Lucky 13

is designed to look like Pee Wee's Playhouse
  12. cowboy wallpaper

From the album Lucky 13

a pretty good match to the wallpaper in PW's bedroom in the Big Adventure movie
  13. in store

From the album Lucky 13

14. new character upstairs

Thank you! I did not make the chAracter myself, but she fits in perfectly
  15. new character upstairs

From the album Harry Potter House

16. Hermione & Crookshanks

From the album Harry Potter House

17. Lucky $13

Found this at Goodwill last wknd for $13! It has the really nice, life-like shingles on it, but is mostly unfinished.    A while back I had an idea for doing Pee Wee's house from Pee Wee's Big Adventure. He has so much weird stuff in his house that it'd be fun to find furniture and accessories, and if something is slightly out of scale, it would just match the style. I like the movie better than the TV show, but I also plan to put some nods to that in the house. First things first, gotta repaint it red.
  18. dollhouse company?

This pic came up on my Instagram feed yesterday. The house looks adorable, but I didn't see any info about the company that makes it.    There seem tob e similar ones on Amazon, and it looks like they come from China.   Has anyone had experience with these houses before?
  19. Tennyson door tip

Since I bought my Tennyson dollhouse at Goodwill for a buck, it was basically just a structure. It didn't have any of the building components like window frames or doors. I was able to make the windows by using upcycled clear plastic from containers (like take-out ones that I kept and washed) and some popsicle sticks.Finding doors the right size for the openings was a challenge because I didn't have the ones that were meant to be with the dollhouse kit, and the nice quality ones that are stocked at places like Hobby Lobby were not the right size. (I really don't have the tools or expertise to resize the opening in a kit that's already assembled and on it's way to being completed.) The upstairs door to the porch was attached to the exterior rather than sitting flush in the opening. It's not ideal, but it doesn't look awful.Trying to get a front door has been more difficult. The dollhouse is meant to have double doors, but I couldn't find any double doors the right size. I had some cardboard ones installed for a bit, but they looked terrible.Then yesterday, the Goddess of Free Stuff smiled on me again!I picked up a huge stash of Barbie stuff from the side of the road, including a nice Barbie house and a whole bag of dolls, accessories and other assorted plastic do-dads.In the bag, was this random pink and white plastic door;  apparently, it's supposed to be part of a fairy door kit: https://ttpm.com/p/18114/cra-z-art/opening-fairy-doors-luna/ It's the perfect height for the house! I just need to add some trim around the sides to hide the gap. There's a pic of it in my gallery: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=134882   So if there's anyone out there in need of a door for their Tennyson dollhouse, you can look into buying one of those fairy doors and just add a little trim on the sides (I used wide craft sticks cut to size)
  20. purple lights

From the album Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

from Dollar Tree, just for fun
  21. Beetlejuice Living Dead doll box

From the album Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

an Ebay buy, b/c I can never resist putting a little meta-fiction in my dh's
  22. front door

Thanks so much! It's been a long process, but I do love the way it's coming along
  23. rebuilding my Secret Garden

Years ago, I decided to make The Secret Garden. I loved the way it turned out, and it was one of the more popular scenes when I exhibited my dollhouses; probably because so many people love the book. I used floral foam with drywall compound and real stones to make the walls of the garden. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=89328&browse=1 It looked great! But it made the structure very heavy, and this past year, as we were shifting some things around in the garage (where it was being stored) it broke. I was really upset because I am always especially proud of the houses/scenes I make from scratch. I recently decided to rebuild it, and I am working on it now. I'd like to get some idea/recommendations for building the walls. The base I am using is styrofoam, and it was a small lip around the top, but I want the walls to be taller.  I am familiar with the egg crate method, but I do not have any egg crates right now, and I am anxious to get started. I do have 2 packages of paperclay- has anyone used paperclay to make wall, and pressed real stones or pebbles into it?Do you think the paperclay will attach to styrofoam/floral foam?
  24. Ideas for a "four seasons" roombox

Well, I think I'll be constructing some snowmen soon!