whippet-gal

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by whippet-gal

1. whippet-gal

glencroft

Absolutely brilliant. Well done - I love it :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  2. Oh my - just when I'd decided to go to 1:48 to save on space! Still 1:24 is only half as bad, isn't it? I'd love a 1:24 Diana, but airmail shipping is soooo expensive to the UK :groucho: I feel like a kid in a sweet shop with all these treats GL keep bringing out. Jackie
  3. Thanks for your lovely comments The carpet is just a fabric sample, which I found in my stock of curtaining pieces. Don't give me ideas about making needlepoint rugs - it would take me forever to finish anything if I attempted that!!
  4. whippet-gal

The Orchid

Greenleaf's Orchid Cottage
  5. From the album: The Orchid

I made the spiral staircase from the pieces of a plastic fan, cocktail sticks & jewellery bits & pieces. It was a bit fiddly to do, but it gave me more room than putting in the original staircase.
  6. From the album: The Orchid

You can't beat the Orchid for cuteness!
  7. whippet-gal

Walls

From the album: The Aster

This is the first time I've papered before assembling the house. I think I prefer to paper afterwards - I get more of a 'feel' for the house once it's a structure.
  8. whippet-gal

The Aster

Greenleaf aster cottage
  9. whippet-gal

Sitting room

I was pleased with how my curtains turned out - I dipped the cotton fabric in tea to mute the colours before doing a free-hand (I don't use a pleater) 'pin & tuck' session to get the gathers just how I wanted them. I then sprayed them with starch - easy!
  10. whippet-gal

Kitchen area

I moved the stairs; in the original I think they're along the back wall.
  11. whippet-gal

My hand-crafted items

Dressed beds, curtains etc
  12. From the album: My hand-crafted items

I made this on a Penny Thomson course at Tickhill, UK (at Lorna Payne's) It's mostly papier mache. Wish I could say I'd made the mermaid, but it's one of Penny's, which I couldn't resist
  13. From the album: My hand-crafted items

I did this on a course at Lorna Payne's (Tickhill, UK). It was taught by Penny Thomson, who's a wizard with papier mache. We had great fun - as usual!
  14. From the album: My hand-crafted items

I did this on a course at Lorna Payne's (Tickhill, UK). It was taught by Penny Thomson, who's a wizard with papier mache. We had great fun - as usual!