pjnick54

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by pjnick54

1. My daughter sent me that link too and yes, that's Grazhina's store, but it is in Maine whereas this one I am referring to is in Massachusetts. After searching and searching with Google and Yellow Pages, etc., I finally called the Nantucket Chamber of Commerce and they had no info for it. All they show on Center Street is a doll store. I went to their website and it's large dolls - like 24 inch ones and no mention whatsoever of miniatures. Plus the lady said they don't have a website, so that ruled it out for me. She's been kinda vague so I might just disregard all this, but I kinda feel compelled to warn others on Facebook somehow, but not sure the best way to go about it..... By the way - sorry I haven't been on here much but life has been crazy since I had the Big Sky Mini Show here in June. Went to a couple other mini shows (Denver and Portland) too.
  2. I have been approached by someone to make a lot of displays for a store, but I have to admit, although it sounds legit, I can't tell for sure. It's not like some we have all received where the conversation is in horrible, broken English - but quite the opposite. Has anyone here ever heard of a store on Center Street in Nantucket, Massachusetts by the name of New England Dollhouse? I have googled it and searched Nantucket Yellow Pages and came up empty-handed. Supposedly they've been featured in Better Homes and Gardens magazine.... I've been made a good offer, but don't want to get taken either. Any ideas anyone? Any help is appreciated.
  3. Aww.. you're so sweet Holly. Thank you! I just don't know where the time goes..... But the older I get - the faster it goes.
  4. pjnick54

Mercantile 01.jpg

Thank you Joane and Roxy! I posted pics in the topic/thread showing what it looked like before I started if you'd like to see 'before' pics.
  5. Thank you everyone. I forgot to mention I made the sidewalks and the wood front (top) where the sign is and the sign itself out of popsicle sticks. My daughter had bought the roombox for me a couple years ago and it looked like this before I transformed it.
  6. WOW - Thank you everyone! I had a lot of fun with this and used up lots of little things I'd acquired the past couple years. THANKS!
  7. pjnick54

Mercantile 01.jpg

Wow - thank you for all the kind words. I just got hooked on minis in 2008 but I am making the most of every miniute with them now. If I can inspire even one person - that makes it even better!
  8. pjnick54

Mercantile 01.jpg

Thank you - it was a great way to use up a lot of stuff I'd accumulated.
  9. pjnick54

Mercantile 05.jpg

Thank you! I had SO MUCH fun with this.
  10. pjnick54

Missouri Mercantile

Packed to the brim you can find almost anything you want in this old store.