Bree1978

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bree1978

1. Rhonda, thank you for the compliment. In this house I was trying to replicate my SIL's home. She has black appliances and cabinets. I bought the cheapest kitchen set I could find and painted it myself....I think I ended up painting it 13 times!! Here is a link: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...19531&st=20 Again, thank you for the compliment, and happy minituring!
  2. Hi Bre~ thanks for the compliments on my Arthur. I haven't been dh-ing due to other things going on....but that orchid has been staring me in the face everyday believe you me! Anyways, when I shingled the Arthur, I made templates out of grocery bags (brown wrapping paper) and then made lines where I wanted each top of the shingle to be. I used good 'ol Aileens in a small line and went down the line placing the shingles on. Then when it was dry I took my exacto and scissors and cut the shingles to conform to the template. After being sure all the shingles flowed together I glued the templates down. I had a lot of trouble with them breaking when I was trying to cut them individually. Roxxie-I painted them while the glue was drying...they warped and then went back into shape... I won't lie shingling was my most UNFAVORITE thing to do! As for the windows...tee hee...I did something HORRIBLE to get it right (well 'right' is obviously an oxymororn in that sentence)....I glued the panes on the inside, then I glued my trim to my wallpaper templates!!! Then tacked the templates to the wall !ha ha~ I figure if it ever gets changed (unlikely) the person can cut/peel the trim away from the templates...! S
  3. Thank you! And yes, that's Jane, she is always helping with the garden! The noise is from the major highway that I live on. Although, I am in a rural area...lol. Me either, I'm going to do more and put them in an actual veggie garden this year...that is what I have been working on all day....well other than piddling around on youtube and here tee hee. S
  4. well, I used a product called DIF The bottle says safe, but I suppose it's not because it contains sodium hydroxide.So I'm not sure what their definition of 'safe' is......Well, I'll post because someone may stumble upon this thread in the future. I also used the scoring tool to perforate the paper for the DIF to soak in. I don't know what kind of wallpaper I had, one had a fabric like feel and the other was definitely paper. S
  5. You didn't have an option for me. Sometimes I menu plan and sometimes I don't. Depends on what's going on that week. I'm flexible. If I wasn't we would never eat, lol! S
  6. If you have some time here are some vids from last summer! It's been so stinking cold this year, I wanted to share what's to come! Please watch in HQ (high quality, red button) because I have to convert the file and then I tend lose a lot of it's original clarity.
  7. THANK goodness I'm not the only one! I feel so embarrassed half the time people come over (and that is A LOT)! I have to declutter SEVERAL times a year because I keep everything and never know where to put it...Any object gets thrown in a cupboard, drawer, or closet not to be seen again until I declutter that area. I find stuff and think THAT IS WHERE THAT WAS AT! I know that I can live with a lot less stuff....I just hate throwing things away I know I will it want later...but I do DO it. Not to mention I have two younger kids that throw things around and don't put them away either. Always circling the house trying to put things in their proper place. And I love the look of minimalism, I just have such a hard time actually carrying out the practice....sigh. I think our 1100 sq ft ranch is small (the layout is like a mobile home) I can't even fathom only having 900 sq ft! Also I filled my FIL's empty room with things...things I haven't went back for in THREE years.....I sometimes hope that he threw it all out...but am too afraid to ask. I put them there because we were trying to sell this house and I couldn't part with them but had to get them out of prospective buyers eyes. I've painted my house three times in 9 years just so I will have to declutter everything. As you can see by this long post, that this is a long time battle I have been having with myself! Oddly enough, the day you wrote this post...I was beginning my spring declutter/ neatening of cupboards. I got one full upper cabinet in the kitchen, one lower, and most of my computer desk. I felt very proud. Next up will be my bedroom, gulp the worst room in my house....also the smallest at only about 80 sq. feet (yah you read that right)...I can hop in bed and get to my dresser but forget about finding anything in there or my closet! And under my bed, let's not talk about that until I get under there. And as for the THREE junk drawers in the kitchen....what to do what to do.....I need more organization, that is all there is to it. Sooooooo, I'm right there with you and feel your pain. I really don't mind cleaning, I just hate de cluttering but do it because I would HATE myself if I didn't. As for the yard, I'm really super good with that. All that room! Wide open spaces! Plus, I like to pull weeds. Those I have NO problems throwing away! lol! I"m going to try to upload videos to YouTube of last years of that....I'll post if I get it. S
  8. IA. I can't wait to play today. I want to see if I have any flowers that have hybridized. I keep trying like a dickens, but no luck yet. The doing the whole town in a pattern seems to be a waste (because there is always three of us wanting to play). I'm just gonna keep planting and hope for the best......OH and I got a dandelion in my town...patiently waiting for it to turn into a pufball! S
  9. Bree1978

Kitchen

WOW! That is really beautiful! S
  10. Bree1978

Memory test

I got most of them right......I actually had more trouble reading the right line than getting the answer right.....my eyes are a' swimmin S
  11. Hmmm, I think that is creepy too! I don't think I could stay in there with her she reminds me of a crime drama mummy (not that I was invited)! Weirdest thing I have....well does an urn count? That freaks quite a few people out, I often hear "Is that real????"....but I think it's normal to have grandma here with me all the time. S
  12. Yes, and a window open with a fan sucking more out
  13. Don't you hate it when your children literally fight all day long about nothing..... And don't you love it later in the evening when they are all curled up next to you and eachother saying 'I love you mommy' as they drift off to sleep..... S
  14. I do that too! That is my destresser! Weeding is good too though....waiting for it to get warm, grr.....how come the weeds are up but my flowers aren't? arg. S
  15. Yes, you get two choices on where you want the bridge. Then a day or two later, it's there. S
  16. OOh, I'm all teary eyed now. Thank you for sharing! S
  17. Yes I did the Pave thing, made SOOO much money. And I too had to be a bad girl and go back to bunny day because we didn't get a chance to play that day. I've got oodles of candy saved away....didn't know if they would come into play before the next Pave day, so that is good to know. Dandelions? I don't have any of those. Maybe I don't let my weeds get big enough? I now have a new bridge in my town. Working on getting fountain... Also, do you guys know why I can't get a good rating in my town? The po lady says that I have a barely passing grade, that I must not have enough greenery or something? I plant tons of flowers, I have pears, cherries, coconuts, peaches, and oranges...plus my original apples! So what's up with that? S
  18. Charcoal all the way baby! After having gas pretty much most of my life, we used a small camping charcoal one a few years ago similar to a hibachi.....Well after smacking my lips for about an hour after dinner, I told my husband WE WILL NEVER AGAIN USE GAS! I find the charcoal to be more expensive (because we grill so much, even in the winter in the garage), but the food is SOOOOO much better. Gas dries everything out in my opinion. S Edit: we do use different kinds of chips in our grill. Not all the time, mostly for pork. If it is an especially long grill we use apricot sticks from our tree. If you have fruit trees you can use all kinds...peach, apple, pear to name a few.
  19. That is sad, I thought they all might do it since the clinic I took them they did. They did it for the females too, but like I said you would have to shave their belly to see that they had been spayed (which the vet would obviously do if they went to do a spay). The ear would obviously be a better choice. S
  20. I have two, a dragonfly tramp stamp and a fish on my upper right thigh that is a cross between a betta and goldfish (kinda like a koi). I used to keep both kinds of those fish, but now I only have one betta (in rl life). I'd like a frog to complete my pond collection, but I can't decide where on earth to put it. It would be so neat if I could find someone to incorporate it with the dragonfly..... I also have a my nose pierced and I did have another area pierced (think two of them) that I took out because it was going on two years and I still couldn't say that they were healed. I guess I'm an extremely slow healer. I hated not being able to change them. My husband has nothing, so I guess I am the 'wild' one. Sabrina
  21. I took my cats to humane ohio and they put a small blue line on their bellies while on the table, to show that they are neutered. You cannot see it now that the fur is grown back in. Sabrina
  22. I thought I would update this thread. My husband did in fact lose his job.....But did find another one the very next day. Grant it, it is 17,000 less a year (yeah you read that figure correctly)....and he is over qualified for it.... We've cut out about 11,000 a year of spending, lack of insurance premium (kids can get Medicaid until he or I gets something better going), and we've put in a hardship application on his student loans- so we should be okay. There is hope that he will find work in his field again. Anyone in need of a master planner? lol. He has been putting his resume all over the USA -recruiters have been calling, and I've got a applications out there as well. Albeit I'm not qualified for much, every bit would help. Hopefully when I get my head wrapped around this whole ordeal (and get a little jingle jangle in my pocket) I can get back to mini-ing. I do believe that God heard all your prayers. I love everyone here on Greenleaf. Thank you so much. Slinking back into the shadows.... Sincerely, Sabrina
  23. I'm so glad you are at peace! Even if it takes 500, it is worth it...! I'm sure you will know what to do in the next situation that leaves you feeling this way, if not, we are here for you. And yes, you will be able to handle guilt (handed to you) next time. I have the upmost confidence. You are a wonderful lady and you know you know it! S
  24. I think my hubby is losing his job... We willllllll lose everything...we are strapped to the hilt.. I am okay, WE will survive somehow (ie LIVE, but not keep a bit of what we have worked for, and borrowed for and I would laugh at this point but I can't), but I can't mini.....obviously...I'm hoping and praying things will turn... h has a bachelors...not that means anything anymore...sigh I will be lurking here on chit chat...i DID have plans for the next dh...and will do them when things get settled..I"m discombobulated and troubled right now...that is why I have not posted much..... Prayers, please.....ONLY if you can spare.....and I'm not begging, I don't want pity, it is happening everywhere.... I'm just lost S