beyondbaffled

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by beyondbaffled

1. I do not need another monthly subscription box (that's what I'm repeating silently in my head lol!) I just checked out the site and Squintbox is so cute! Wouldn't it be great if someone like Kris from 1" minis had a monthly (or every 2, 3, or however many) subscription? I've been gone so long, but I read on another post a moment ago that she sells kits now? I glanced through her blog, but couldn't find them. It would be so much fun to watch everyone put something together, but each with their own personalized touches, and share progress and finished product pics!
  2. Goldenrodfarm those are absolutely adorable! I have obviously been gone for too long (my profile says I last signed in in 2016?!) and now looking at everyone's pictures I have mini fever all over again! Off to look at ebay now! :)
  3. Oh my gosh! Holly and Kathy I love both of those chairs!!! And I can just imagine The Mad Hatter sitting in one of those high back pink chairs! I wonder if I could talk David into a RL set of those for the apartment...
  4. Fun! I will definitely check out your blog!
  5. I saw that too! I thought it was the same house from this thread until I noticed the gazebo on the opposite side
  6. Under the pic is a link to a FB page for Hubert Lengdorfer. It looks like a model that he made. I saw some other minis in his pics and a desk that looked about 1:12 scale, but alot of the other stuff was much smaller.
  7. Wow!!! That looks so magical! If I had something like that I would never take it down
  8. Yes! The gooey frosting looks delicious! And I love the sparkles on top
  9. Well at least I'm not the only one frustrated! Removing the paint hasn't been a problem at all, some of it just rubs off and the rest comes off easily with the swipe of a qtip dipped in fingernail polish remover! Maybe I'll try the spray painting again - I feel that I may be too impatient and that could be part of the problem...
  10. Lily I thought the exact same thing - it needs some bathroom accessories!
  11. What a cute idea! Post some pics when you finish painting
  12. Hello and welcome I still find myself feeling "in over my head" all the time!
  13. I have 4 kits - the stove hood, the counter top stove, the oven front, and the sink. They are already a nice and shiny metal color, but not exactly the stainless steel sort of color I was hoping for. I have tried spray paint and Martha Stewart's multi-surface acrylic craft paint. It either looks weird and runny or you can see my brushstrokes too much. And obviously the paint comes off really easily (I've tried painting these many times!). What do you suggest? Am I not giving these enough coats? Should I be using a primer or a different kind of paint altogether? I have no experience painting on metal. I think the sink could probably just stay as it, and maybe even the stove top, but wouldn't the oven door and hood look better painted? I'm so bummed that I'm just about to throw these across the room so I will stop looking at them
  14. I follow Save a Grave and Tomb Stonez on Facebook and I saw this link today. It is a gravestone shaped like a home, but to me it looks like a dollhouse. It is so sweet! It's hard to see, but it looks like the front door says "Gone Home" and instead of birth and death dates it says "arrived" and "departed." <3 http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=57170336
  15. Agreed! I love 1inchminis by Kris!
  16. And I just noticed the weird look under the left cabinet where the stove goes. It is the cardboard that I glued the tile cardstock to. Since my tile pattern doesn't go all the way to that wall I'll have to add a touch of paint there to hide the difference. The cabinet does sit all the way on the floor though I promise!
  17. From the album: Lisa's Country Cottage Kit

Here's another view of the kitchen with the window and trim added. I like this one because you can see the buttery cream vanilla colored ceiling! I haven't added chair rail to the left side because I still have to hang my upper cabinets. And I need something (tile maybe?) to fit between the countertop and the bottom of the cabinets to cover the bit of wall that is still messed up from the door that I bashed in the wrong wall. I also have to add my stove top and oven door in. Painting "The Kitchen Collection" pieces is proving to be tricky as they are metal and I have zero experience with them. The drawer under the sink is just for show, but the cabinet door is openable (sp?) once I stop fighting with the hinges and figure out how to position them. And my lovely colander from LorisLittleThings on etsy adds a bit more yellow
  18. I'm in NE TN so it's cool to know there are some mini exhibits not too far away in VA. I have found 2 more that I plan on visiting now that I'm out of school and will have more time. One is in Knoxville TN http://knoxart.org/exhibitions/thorn/index.html And one in High Point NC http://highpointmuseum.org/merediths-miniatures/ I'm close in TN to the fabulous steampunk Debra and I would definitely be up for visiting some "mini" friends along the way!
  19. You have got to be kidding me! A piggy pedestal? Seriously?! Your house is stunning and the flooring is amazing! I will admit though that the comments on this thread have made me laugh so hard (pig on a stick, batsh*t crazy judge, porcine porcelain lol!!!) and I will add that I thought almost exactly what MJ said - "Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique."
  20. That is cute! I will take the Queen Anne if anyone wants to build it for me in RL!