Roxxie

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Roxxie

1. I have three houses that I need to find homes. They would be great to rehab although they are done completely. Both are Real Good Toys. One is the front opening One Country Lane, the next is The Victorian Cottage, and the last is Lisa's Cottage.
  2. Thats what I was thinking! Plus I always wanted that house!!!!!!!!!! I will have plenty of time to work on it with the LOOOONG Maine winters!!! After living down here for the past 6 years I am ready for my snow again. I can't take the heat and humidity!!!! Is there such a thing as a half scale Beacon Hill or Laser cut one? LOL
  3. Stephen King's House Well I tried to upload a picture but it didn't work! Ok Holly that is a GREAT picture of the house! It looks most like???? Which house?
  4. Thanks guys....Actually I am from upstate NY lived there most of my adult life ( south of Buffalo) and in the Adirondacks so I am no stranger to SNOW! I am not a native southerner. I hate snow but after living down here in the heat and humidity, bugs, tornados..........I will take the snow! I don't have to worry about commuting to work ( retired) and would live in Bangor. I will just have to build more dollhouses to keep busy!!!! Which house do you think looks most like Stephen King's house? LOL
  5. Hi Everyone! I am looking for anyone who has some information and insite on living in the state of Maine, Particularily Bangor area! Grazhina so nicely shared with me some of her thoughts but I would REALLY appreciate anyone elses input. I saw a picture of Stephen Kings house there and I am inspired to build one!!! Thanks so much everyone! Hugs Roxy
  6. I have one of those in my Farm House jr but now they want way too much for one. I would love to find the stove also but again they are too pricey for me.
  7. Still redoing the beds in my farmhouse jr. Now I need new wallpaper to match the beds...
  8. Roxxie

Front View

OMG is my face red!!! I didn't even recognize it!!! I built the same cottage!!! DUH!!! You really did a great job on it!
  9. Roxxie

Front View

Darling! Did you add the siding or did it come with it?
  10. I would be extremely careful sanding these floors. I built this house and they have what amounts to a very thin paper like veneer on the top that tears very easily. I learned the hard way! Good luck!
  11. Hi Everybody! I' m back....decided to rework my VT Farmhouse Jr. I have been away from my minis for so while and now I a fired up to rehab my first time mistakes! Pictures soon I have a new camera that really gets the details.
  12. Hi Holly! Moving is a pain isn't it? Me? I just have along break from minis and doing a lot of other stuff. I have been cleaning out a lot and just getting my life together. I will get back to building soon I hope.
  13. Thats how I see it Kathie. Plus, If you just use a tiny dot of glue it actually can be removed a lot easier than the wax. Once the stuff is on furniture is doesn't come off very easily.
  14. I use the wax but if I want something to stay permenantly I glue it. I have a cat and things are always getting knocked around in my dollhouses so I just glue them down!
  15. Hi Everybody! Its been a long time since I have been in here to visit!!! I took a mini making break! Who finishes their dollhouses???? I am in the middle of trying to decide if I want to get rid of a couple of mine or what to do to make space! Any suggestions? I hate to just give them away but I just might give one to my friend's granddaughter.
  16. I have a brand new Real Good Toys Alison Jr dollhouse kit, completely sealed for the price of shipping. PM me if you are interested! Thanks!
  17. Thanks Tracy! I did look in the Greenleaf topics and I couldn't find the information. I appreciate the info!
  18. Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows what the actual dimensions are of the Big Bus kit and the House Boat. Some really nice person is giving me one of them and I wanted to know the actual size so I could figure out if it will work for my project. Thanks!
  19. Thanks! I wish I could come up with another one of that same model for my Haunted house. I got mine on sale at Michaels. I wished I had horded a few more of them! They are way over priced on ebay. I think they were only $10 originally and I got mine for half that. I forgot to mention that I bashed the front of this one a bit. I added the porch arrangement using pieces of another model.
  20. I haven't posted in a long time! I love the puzzle houses! The wood is surprisingly nice and they are pretty close to half scale. I wish I had more of them. I built the castles they had this season. I want to make a Haunted House out of one eventually. Have fun! Here's one I did for Christmas I wish I had another of this model. I think its so cute!
  21. I think its time for me to speak about something that really hurts me. I have been a member here for quite a while now and do you want to know why I have been absent and why I don't participate much anymore? Its because whenever I post a comment I am totally ignored. Back before the forum was redone there were some problems with opinions being expressed about a contest results which I won't go into again but I thought after a few months of not being around I would come back to a nicer friendlier place . I use to love this forum and the people in it but this is probably my last post. I will always come back and look around at what everyone is making in the gallery but as far as feeling a part of this group I have been ignored for the last time. I thought to go away quietly but I think you should know why I left. To all of you who are still really nice I will miss you. Have a good day.
  22. Jennifer I love the dog in your avatar! Beautiful! I am building the RGT 1 Country Lane. I am learning to "bash" the design with limited tools but what fun! Making or printing out almost everything is slow going lately but finally got my old computer running well enough to use my graphics programs. Holly, I am going to try and make my own braided/rag rugs for this house. Have a nice Memorial Day Weekend and please remember why we celebrate this holiday!