Kabrina

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Kabrina

1. Kabrina

Mckinley

2. From the album: Mckinley

Cabinets in progress. They are from Housework’s kits, with the addition of corner shelves. I still have the sink itself to make but I can’t install that till I do the countertops.
  3. From the album: Mckinley

Fridge was made from the Housework’s kit. I changed the nails that show on the side and top hinge, the original ones were bulky and gold
  4. From the album: Mckinley

Chairs were made from 1inchminisbykris kits, Rhonda chairs. I love how they turned out.
  5. From the album: Mckinley

Just needs piping and legs. These will fit much better in the McKinley than the Sofa and chair I had purchased.
  6. From the album: Mckinley

Working on the Rhonda chair kit. I don’t think these are made anymore. Just need legs and piping on this one and it will be complete.
  7. From the album: Mckinley

Here is a picture with better lighting of the trim.
  8. It is iron on walnut wood veneer. Cardstock template for the floor and then ironed on the strips of wood and stained with stain pens.
  9. From the album: Mckinley

Attic tower floor installed.
  10. From the album: Mckinley

Attic ceiling and flooring are done.
  11. From the album: Mckinley

Shingles and roof trim were made from purchased SVG files on my Cricut Maker. The trim I used beads of glue prior to painting to give a 3 dimensional look to the spikes.
  12. From the album: Mckinley

Back bay window looking into the future kitchen
  13. Ahh!❤️ Thank you! I was having issues uploading images for awhile, but it seems to be fixed now.
  14. From the album: Mckinley

This is a close up of the finished light. For my first try at light building I am happy with it.
  15. From the album: Mckinley

Once the pieces were cut on the purple mat with the Cricut maker using thick craft board I began to piece it together. Rectangular sides glued to form the box, thin trimmed added around the top, middle and bottom. Top was layered with larger to smaller pieces. I ended up adding one base from scrap wood as I forgot to cut one that size. Once dry I painted everything black. Threaded a removable light bulb in a socket through the rectangle and then through a large wood bead that I also painted black. Glued in place. Used repositionable glue to attach the light box so I can replace the bulb when it burns out.
  16. From the album: Mckinley

Here is the image I used to make my light. I do tempering having to make minor trims once it was cut out but they were minor.

© Kabrina Romero

17. From the album: Mckinley

The windows are made on my Cricut machine, coffee stirrers and craft sticks. They don’t open but I am happy with the way they turned out.
  18. From the album: Mckinley

Changed the stair railings. Made the front door from an old French door. Fireplace is made with painted cork for the bricks, scrap wood for the surround, and mortar made from fine sand, paint and glue. Kitchen light made from plain white fixture colored with sharpies. I’ll be changing the top left light for one with more bulbs and installing One in the bathroom top left.
  19. From the album: Mckinley

Front porch of the McKinley. This is the best quality photo I can upload from my iPhone . Light and shingles were made with my Cricut maker. Flooring is stained iron on wood veneer. Lattice made from coffee stirrers and siding is made from thick artist paper.
  20. Havanaholly, my apologizes! I didn’t think of an email address as personal information that could be bad to post or I would have said something. If I see someone else do it I will say something. Thank you.
  21. I am definitely interested! I love quarter scale. Please let me know how to proceed.
  22. Do you have any pictures? I would be interested. I would be willing to pay you for them.