Daisel518

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Daisel518

1. yes, little triangles. thanks, I'm gonna look there :yes:
  2. yes, little triangles. thanks, I'm gonna look there :yes:
  3. I posted a question about this under the Orchid forum, but thought someone else may know who hasn't build the Orchid. I am building the dormers and do not for the life of me understand what they want me to do with these dang gussets! I can't tell by looking at the box either. It says to position the gusset on the inside of the top edge of left dormer roof.....what?!?! Thank you all!
  4. I am having trouble with the gussets, the instructions are not clear to me on how I am supposed to install them in the dormers, any advice?!
  5. Daisel518

IMG_2342.JPG

Thank you Cynthia! That tutorial is awesome!
  6. Daisel518

IMG_2342.JPG

Beautiful! That was a lot of work! I'm doing little egg carton bricks today, did you paint them before you sealed them? I've been considering sealing them with Mod Podge, thank you for this inspiration!
  7. Daisel518

garden 4.jpg

It looks gorgeous! Good job on the clay! Do you still happen to have Deb's directions?
  8. Ya'll are wonderful thank you! I need to post some more pictures, well they may be in my gallery actually. The upper wall is a plum purple paint so I was thinking I could do just about any color from the wallpaper, but the rest of the house is very cottage like and I didn't want it to look to glam-ed up! I may do the terracotta with some accents after-all. I'm trying to listen to the house, and I've been hearing terracotta since I started this room so it may already be written in the cards! we will see, I'm about to finish it up now!
  9. Thank you! I don't know how I stayed away this long! I plan on spending the rest of winter break playing catch up! I thought about a non traditional color on the tiles, I'm just worried about it clashing with the "natural" stone
  10. I'm laying some tile in the living room as had initially planned on a natural terra cotta but now that I think about it, it may not go well with the fireplace stones which are a natural grey rock. This morning my daughter, who the house is for, mentioned she would like the tiles to be black but I don't know... The actual fireplace I want to keep because it was my first attempt and I want this house to kind of represent my learning experiences, so I'm going to make the hearth area the same grey tones. What coloring should I use for the floor when it is this type of tile?! Thank you all in advance! I've been MIA for a few months and sooo glad to be back to work on the house!!!
  11. I used those to-go drink carriers, I didn't use a tutorial, just cut the "stones" out into the shapes I wanted gluing them with the textured side up and once they were all in place grouted them with some Dap fast and final mixed with a little grey paint. Then I did a dirty wash and then painted them individually with different shades of greys and browns. Please let me know if you need more help, I only had time for a short reply but can help you later on this evening if you need
  12. My little ladies are back in too..kindergarden and third. Yesterday was the first day for them and I'm back to work today.. Kinda sad, yesterday was worse, but I'm glad to be back in a routine and having two incomes again....hahahah more dollhouse income!
  13. Daisel518

say cheese

You have an amazing talent for what you do, everything is absolutely perfect and such fun to look at
  14. I had this same problem and I just used a piece of printer paper and stuffed it in the hard to reach places, crease the edges with a semi-pointy tool, cut out the template and practice on a new piece of blank paper to make sure it's just right. When you have it just right lay that template out and use it to cut out your wallpaper and then just glue it in. Hope that helped a little!
  15. I just sent my girls off to school and am now asking myself this very question! What do I do today? The house is entirely too quiet. :jawdrop:
  16. Daisel518

The Desk

I love the cup of tea/coffee! You did a fantastic job on this and I love love all of your homemade ideas!
  17. When dentistry tools break they might be willing to give them to you if you ask, the metal picks seem like they would be good for polymer clay or just holding down something tiny. I haven't asked but it seems feasible...
  18. Daisel518

S7300828.JPG

I was going to say the same! I don't have any cats, but I'm noticing a trend with these pictures!!! hahahaahah
  19. Can anyone tell me where to find a schedule of the Rik Pierce workshops?
  20. Oh and STAY AWAY FROM EBAY unless you want to spend some money! Every time I go there I find myself thinking "oh no, I can't pass this up, I'll never see it at this price again!" Sure enough, there's another one there the next time I go and sometimes it's even cheaper than the first time I saw it. I've seen countless kits that I could have convinced myself to buy if I didn't have the little bit of restraint I've been trying to use lately!
  21. The Victoria Cottage is my first build as well! I bought it on Ebay a few months ago for 15$ I think. I have pictures of it in my gallery if you'd like to see. It's such a wonderful little house and I'm having so much fun building it! I understand the whole renovating process. We bought our home last March and spent over 6 weeks getting it ready for our move in. I was in my last semester at UT and my fiance had just started a new job so we had very little free time and could only work on our house on the weekends. We ended up moving in on May 11 and I graduated May 17, my daughter's birthday was the 18th. Wheeeeew. Just thinking about those few weeks makes me all flustered! Graduating and planning a b-day party in a house that was beautifully renovated, but cluttered with boxes and not quite furnished all the way was stressful. We were so happy to have bought a home and promised each other we would live here for the next 10 years at least....well now DF is hoping to join the Air Force and we may move and sell after all! Oh the joys of life! I was sad at first, but then I started looking at it as an opportunity to live in new places and now am actually excited. My fiance reminded me that we're the family unit and home is where ever we all go together, it made sense and reminded me that this house is just a possession and we can always make a new home! Well....sorry I kinda went off on a rant and this is the mini chat so I'm cutting myself off here! Good luck with the house and if you need friends when you DH is deployed we're all here and there are some wonderfully kind ladies (and a few gentlemen :woohoo: ) on here for any kind of support you may need. Welcome to the forums, you're going to love it here! I do