shelbylominac

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by shelbylominac

1. I still really am dreaming of a Joseph Angel!
  2. It is the Nob Hill from shelliesminis made by Majestic Mansions, but I can't find any other pics or info.
  3. Has anyone had the pleasure of seeing this one in person?
  4. Does anyone receive Victorian Homes magazine? I do and so look forward to each issue, especially the gorgeous pics of interiors with wonderful ideas and inspirations. Some of the wallpapering is incredible!
  5. I think that paper is gorgeous! Where did you find it?
  6. Does Robin Carey have her own website? I stumbled upon her work the other day too and was in awe-so beautiful!
  7. Thanks for that cafe unknown link-I had tried in vain for a couple days to get those to work when I was searching for pics, especially the Inman house. Such a shame. They didn't even take out the lighting fixtures! Imagine what else could have been salvaged! I contacted the realtor who last sold the Poulsen house and he has never heard of a Joseph Angel or knows of any similar house in Portland-what a mystery......
  8. Wow-thanks everyone for your input! I am leaning towards the Joseph Angel due to its rarity and exterior. It seems to have intrinsic value. I like how Liz LeBosse added the chimney to the outside on the bay. I have seen ones that are gorgeous or ugly depending on what was done to them. The Lawbre windows really make or break a dollhouse to me-whether it looks "real" or not. I can buy the Joseph Angel with the windows so that is a plus. I could always buy the Queen Anne at a later date, but adding the windows would cost a fortune. The different types of shingles on a house look neat to me with a lot of gingerbread. I want one really special large unique dollhouse along with the Beacon Hill and Willowcrest. I want to have a dining room, parlor, nursery library/study, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, etc. I love the books I have with gilded age type interiors-awesome! I have looked for the real Joseph Angel -it's not exactly like the dollhouse. 3040 SE Mc Loughlin Blvd. Discovered that a twin was across the street and sadly was demolished to construct a bridge. Wonder what that looked like?
  9. Has anyone built these? I see some on eBay and was wondering if they're worth getting. Do they have nice detail and quality?
  10. Thanks, guys! I have the opportunity to buy the Joseph Angel as a shell with all the Lawbre components included. If I got the RGT Queen Anne, I would buy just the box 1 and then have to purchase the Lawbre components separately (which would be more money than buying the Joseph Angel.) I don't like the windows and doors that come with it. I can only afford one, so I have to choose unfortunately. ;) By the way, these particular houses are not available, just used them to show potential of the shells.
  11. ;) I have not seen either of these in person so I am wondering which one to get. They seem to be comparable in size. I wish the Joseph Angel had the entry in the front as opposed to the side but maybe it could be changed. I also think the Angel looks more like a "real" house-do you? How about the floor plans? Help!
  12. I just saw a house sold one ebay and stumbled on their website-amazing! Does anyone have or know where any pics of some of their houses are? Would love to see more......
  13. I just posted to uship.com so we'll see how that goes. An online Fedex quote was $560.00+ ! Greyhound website says it doesn't drop off to residences so that's a problem.
  14. I am debating what would be cheaper-shipping or driving? I am in Maryland and the house is in Texas, so pretty far to drive. They mentioned maybe meeting in Memphis, and I have parents in Georgia who maybe could get it there easier. Just wondering if shipping would be cheaper but also worry about damage.
  15. I am looking to maybe buy a Jos. Angel house and am wondering who could ship it? It is large at 48"w x 52" and heavy at 45 lbs. so it might be freight? I may have to drive to get it if it's too expensive. Any recommendations or experiences?
  16. Thanks for your ideas! While a wall hanging house would be the most practical, I really want a regular one so I can enjoy the outside architecture as well. I have a passion for victorian architecture-I collect internet photos of victorians for ideas as well as just for fun. I think I can manage keeping the kids as well as 3 cats away from a dollhouse in a separate room. The Garfield and Pierce are nice, but just not realistic enough for me. I know they're expensive, but I like the details of the Lawbre houses or maybe some other discontinued house that someone can think of that I could customize with components. Here are some older eBay houses I liked......
  17. Decided to do a little dollhouse research yesterday and remembered to update my e-mail for this site. Have my Beacon Hill still in the box-who knows when I'll get around to actually building with a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 month old but I still need a creative outlet. I like to search the internet looking at eye candy and getting ideas-came across the Willowcrest and Joseph Angel houses that I would love to own. Anyone willing to part with or know of one for sale? I think I'll do the Beacon Hill for my daughters. It's my dream to do a large detailed victorian with period decor even if it takes me years. Can anyone recommend any other very nice realistic and large victorian houses (doesn't have to be Greenleaf and can be retired)?
  18. I have been staring at my Beacon Hill for 2 months now partially assembled shell (with masking tape) hoping to get an idea for how to expand to get a dining room-I REALLY don't want to stick it in the foyer. I have a Houseworks conservatory for one side or the other but I can not figure out what to do to not ruin the design and asymmetrical balance of the house. To me, it looks weird to just stick a conservatory on 1 side and have nothing on the other. I have purchased a bunch of period books on plans and details, but am still perplexed. From all the period design floor plans I've seen, the kitchen would not have been in the front of the house but in the rear. Please give me your 2 cents.
  19. Hello, everyone! Thanks so much for the happy b-days! I did have a nice day visiting with my parents who came up to also see my daughter who turned one on the second. I still have one more year before 30-yeah! (Not looking forward to that one!)
  20. Hi nutti-thanks so much! Now I just have to figure out how to make the trim from separate pieces-(or I could just buy a Willowcrest too and use the excuse that I'll give it to my daughter!)
  21. Is there anyone who could be so kind as to send me or post some close-up pics of the windows/trim on the Willowcrest. The reason I am asking is that I want to build some windows for my Beacon Hill in a similar style after being inspired by a "way too big" set on e-Bay. I would be really grateful!
  22. I have done a dry run assembly on my Beacon Hill and decided I would like to expand it by doubling the right side. I would like to recut the pieces from scratch so I'm wondering what type of plywood to use for the wall pieces and where to buy? I have a Lowe's, Michaels, A.C. Moore, and Hobbytown around here-do they carry anything I could use? Thanks!
  23. Great pics for ideas! From what I've learned, the Beacon Hill is a second empire style house. They usually have a flat or curved mansard roof with dormer windows and brackets named for the fashion in French architecture by Mansart. There are 2 really good websites I found for real houses: www.mansard.org and www.ontarioarchitecture.com. Those canucks have some beautiful houses! Check out 2 of my favorites...