dainagon

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by dainagon

1. Years and years ago, I was at a miniatures show and there was a man who had made dry sinks, that actually pumped water from the pump. Does anyone know if this man still is around, or know of anything like this? I tend to collect things that actually "work". Thanks! Sarah
  2. Here's the interior. She has all the interior walls as well. I have Big Plans lol.
  3. Yes! I have wanted this house for so long.
  4. I can't wait to see what my furniture looks in it. I have housefuls of stuff, so I am excited to see what fits. I got a STEAL. $250 plus furniture still in package for every room and all the interior trim/staircases.
  5. I don't post a ton but that will be changing. I just got this beauty off of Craigslist. The inside is totally unfinished, so I am going to need lots of help!
  6. I am using battery lights in the house I am building now, I just don't have the patience to wire another house.
  7. I saw some like these yesterday in Hobby Lobby. -Sarah
  8. I took a few years off (kids, life, mostly kids got in the way) but am jumping back in with both feet. Currently I am building an Alison Jr. which I will extend a floor to make an underground basement. I still have my mothers house to redo in the 1940's style she would of wanted. And I keep building room boxes and buying things! I could furnish five houses with all my stuff by now. I am so happy to be back. I forgot how therapeutic mini'ing is :-) -Sarah
  9. I would love to wire my new house, but I am not using any wallpaper. Will the tape wire show up under the paint? I have never done this before. Thanks a lot!
  10. That is wonderful! I am so happy for you and you sister! I think a Chrysbon kit is a lovely idea, maybe a few that go together? Like some kitchen pieces? -Sarah
  11. It's in Canada, I wonder if anyone here has seen it? -Sarah :yes:
  12. Not miniature but I think this is so cool! :-) Life Sized Dollhouse
  13. I thought of resin, but would it eat the styrofoam? Or would the spackle protect it? I have used clear caulking for water on styrofoam, but it would take forever to fill a pool with it. Now I wanna start fiddling around with stuff and seeing what works! :-) -Sarah
  14. Those are so cute! Thanks for the link! -Sarah :woohoo:
  15. Paper Furniture Book Has anyone made up this book? It looks so adorable! I wonder what scale they end up as? -Sarah
  16. I am so glad I am not alone! I took some advice and made myself a list, maybe that will help. I did a quick ketch on the walls of where I will want lighting, so maybe I will get to that tomorrow. My boyfriend will be hanging around so I may as well make use of him and "encourage" him to help me, right? Thanks for the support! And Kim, if you look at the doorknobs in my little house album, they are upside down too! :-) -Sarah
  17. I have wallpaper, flooring, and ceiling paper for every room. All my colors are picked out. My baseboards and crown mouldings and doors and windowframes are painted. I have all the furnishing and even all the lighting. What is stopping me from finishing My Mother's Farmhouse? I just can't seem to start the wiring. So I can start the wallpaper and the mouldings and the.... UGH. Do any of you just get overwhelmed? -Sarah
  18. I now I am supposed to be looking at the dollhouse, but I just LOVE your lifesize wallpaper! -Sarah
  19. Same experience as everyone else, fast shipping and very well packed. I ordered about 30 lights and none of them are damaged, I am VERY happy (I bought some books also, and they are in perfect condition as well) -Sarah
  20. This site might help you :-) Brickwork
  21. I have always wanted to make a pool. I figured I would get a thick piece of Styrofoam, and carve out the pool, making shallow and deep ends of course. I would put the pool in a corner of the Styrofoam sheet, and use the rest for a yard for the house to sit on. I have used this technique for ponds. If you wanted a rectangular pool, I'd start looking at baking pans in dollar stores :-) -Sarah
  22. DHE is a great to order from, they are very fast and have things you cannot find anywhere else. I buy from them at least once a month LOL. -Sarah :-)
  23. I ordered that too, but it's going to take me forever to get to it LOL. I will be using it for rooms that don't have an actual "home" yet, so I don't have to pack my treasures in boxes <sniff> :-) -Sarah
  24. This is so cool! I was dreading trying to figure out angles when I trim my house. Thank you!!!