ilovecats

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by ilovecats

1. Hi I have a Bostonian that I purchased awhile back. It's in need of rehab and TLC. This house is huge!!!! Local pick up only, I think it is too fragile to ship. I am located in Northern Utah. This is cross posted with a local classified ad https://www.flickr.com/photos/92776387@N07/46975504361/in/dateposted-ff/
  2. The blue house is the first Bostonian that I bought. The other I am painting a foresty green. I took off as much of the windows as I could. The parts that are left have primer on them, that is not the actual color the windows will be. I need another coat or 2 of the green, obviously. I don't have to take off the shingles as they are so thin that I can just shingle over them. The house pictures without the paint are the before photos.
  3. It's been awhile since I've posted. I actually have 2 Bostonians now. The first one is in rough shape. It's missing one of the foundation pieces. I had plans to buy more wood to fix it. I saw a local classified that had a Bostonian for $50.00. I ended up buying it with the thought that it would be cheaper to work on the second house and sell the first one. I still haven't sold the first one. LOL. The second Bostonian was built unpainted and with the windows glued in place. I think she may have even used hot glue on some of the pieces, and wood glue for the rest. The construction is not bad, not perfect but it does look nice over all. She even had some of the railing glued on. The interior walls are crooked so I need to remove them and straighten them out. So far I removed as much of each window as I could. I broke some of the framing on a few, but I already have trim that is pretty close so I can replace the broken pieces. I couldn't decide on what color to paint the house. I went to Walmart and found a couple of cans of mistinted paint. One was a forest greenish color, the other a creamy tannish color. at any rate, both cans were at discounted prices and they look like they will go together....so...I feel like it was meant to be. I haven't worked on the house since I painted it the first coat since it has been so cold outside and the dollhouse is in the garage. I have a space heater but it's still uncomfortable outside. The house doesn't have wallpaper or anything inside, which is nice, I will just have to prime the walls and ceiling before I start hanging wallpaper. Haven't decided what to do with the other Bostonian. I paid $130 for it. It seems silly to sell it, but then again I am overrun with large dollhouses. I will post them in my gallery or blog soon.. I have to get on my other computer to get to the photos.
  4. That is awesome! Congrats. That is my grail dollhouse. Welcome :)
  5. oopsy. posted in the wrong section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Hello, I am located in Utah. I am looking to buy a Joseph Angel shell, or even a house that needs rehab. If you have one you would like to sell, please pm me!
  7. ilovecats

Footprint-4.jpg

Cool, looking forward to seeing this. I did a Westville bash. I ended up selling it, it would have been cool if I had taken some photos before I did it....
  8. Currently working on: RGT's jr front opening conservatory, the St. Charles by majestic mtn, and the Bostonian
  9. Thanks, haven't been here for quite awhile. I haven't worked on minis much, but I still collect ;). I am getting myself psyched up by looking at all the eye candy on the site and on facebook! I like this kit, it is very different and I like the profile of it for storage/display. :)
  10. Working on repainting the exterior of The Saint Charles by Majestic Mansions. I bought it this past spring? and built the kit. I painted it several coats of paint. The color did not turn out how I liked, it was an orangish shade on the dollhouse (not in the can). Anyway, I didn't want to keep it that color but wasn't sure what to do with it so I put it aside in the garage for another day. so today, decided to work on it. I found a similar color in my "paint cabinet", it's a red. I have painted one coat, needs another coat but i'm happy with the change. This kit is pretty cool, it comes with exterior trimwork. I think I will paint it black, haven't quite decided.
  11. So excited, after all these years I finally got a Bostonian dollhouse! I found a pre-built one on the local classifieds. It needs work but I love the colors. I will take photos this weekend to post. love the colors, gonna have to find similar paint and repaint it. The interior is untouched, so no problem with removing old décor! Anyway, I moved to a new place about 8 months ago. My dollhouses were stored in the garage until last month. I now have them upstairs in the spare bedrooms. Definitely in the mode of dollhouse building. started on a kit last week and primed it a couple of days ago. Yay!
  12. I love the glencroft, I have built two of them!!!! you have to get one!!!
  13. I live alone in a 3 bedroom house with a partial basement. the unbuilt kits and some unfinished houses are in the basement. the two spare bedrooms have all the large and small built homes and the under construction homes and there are two under construction dollhouses in the small front room. I have the lily on the kitchen table and the garf is currently living on top of the dogs kennel in the kitchen. LOL. I have 4 room boxes in various stages of completion in the family room and the garf windows are currently on the coffee table in the family room ;) so there is stuff in almost every room in the house.
  14. so yesterday, I searched everywhere for my staircase pieces for the Garf....I was looking for stained pieces. silly me. I had not stained them and everything was sitting inside of the Garfield where I left the items. ....so I stained them. LOL. can't make any progress without the stairs. I need to cut openings to fit so until they are put together that part of the project is on hold. I am doing a kit bash like the one I did on this house before. (I sold that one because I didn't think I would ever get around to it,, those staircases were stained and glued together )....anyway, I did stain the wood a different color this time. went with gunstock instead of red oak. .everything I do stain is red oak so I needed a lighter change.......I did start painting the windows a 2nd coat of paint but only got thru half of the windows. so glad I got the window upgrade kit for this house years ago I also worked on the Lily a little bit. This house is so close to being done. just need to install the floors in the attic then polyurethane all the wood/ wood flooring. I need to touch up the exterior trim paint then put a matte finish sealer on it. still haven't taken photos of this house for some reason. I bought the Diana 1/12th scale kit yesterday....cant wait for it to arrive!!!
  15. I am putting together the staircase for the Garfield. prolly will cut a few of octagonal window sites in the dollhouse as well. :)