MerriMagic

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by MerriMagic

1. I shamelessly hoard egg cartons. I have my sisters in law saving them, and I've collected a bunch. They're carefully wrapped in plastic bags and then put into a rubbermaid tub. I don't need them, YET. But sure as shooting, as soon as I would need them, companies will all go over to the styrofoam cartons. I guess I have about 60 cartons over all. I may yet brick Moggie Manor..right now I"m afraid our kitties would sharpen their claws on any exterior roughness. Oh, Holly and Ann...I checked out that website you reccommended, and found my brass vet clinic sign! THANK YOU! WOOT! M
  2. You can get plexiglass at places like Home Depot and Lowes. In many cases you can have them cut it to order.
  3. Thanks, all. I"ve been playing with the furniture that I have. I may have a few pieces to sell down the road but I'm not getting rid of them...yet. But I STILL need to change some of the wallpapers. Now I'm all fired up. I'm on my new pc too. WHOO HOO I got a touch screen. That's going to become a new form of 'excercise' for me. I keep remembering the JETSONS and how the hubby had 'pushbutton finger', LOL! Anyone know of someone who makes examining tables for pets? I may have to make one, so any ideas for components will be heartily appreciated. Hugs! Merri
  4. Heya All. Well, a couple of weeks ago I said I'd be back as soon as I could, and with that announcement, my pc died. ACK The good news is, we're picking up another one tomorrow (I'm on a laptop jalopy about 6 years old). So as if spending all THAT money isn't enough, I've decided to change the theme for Moggie Manor. Yeah, I know I loved my Moggie Manor theme, but most of the furniture would have had to be older, and the new furniture designs that are coming out are just soooo pretty. And I wanted more of a challenge...with furniture I'd likely have to build myself. SO, I'm going to do my East Side Town House as a city veternarian's house and office. Waiting room and the examination room will be on the first floor. Kitchen and living room for the doc will be on the second. Third floor will be the bathroom and the bedroom for doc and his wife, and the attic will become the kids' domain. And of course the kids will have a gazillion pets of their own, and even the vet office will have a mascot. I worked for a vet 20 years ago and he had a Goffin's cockatoo as his office mascot. Samson had the run of the place, and it wasn't unusual to find him walking bowlegged down the hall between the examining rooms (His wings were clipped so he really didn't fly well.) He'd put holes in the file folders and hated Doc's wife, and terrorized every other member of the staff, except for Doc..so we all pretty much let him be. Oh wait..., he hated everyone BUT one of the techs. I swear Samson wanted to elope with Denise..he was positively sappy around her. At any rate he'll make an interesting 'addition' to the staff. A lady CAN SO change her mind if she wants to, right? (please say yes ) Merri
  5. Hey I think it's adorable! Bravo! And I once owned a real life house that had green shakes for 'siding'.
  6. Ohhh Jackie...the elephant cake is my very favorite! LOL when you said 'edible minis', I thought for a minute you were making stuff YOU could eat! *Brainfart, ack* Only a week and a half till my son and grandson arrive from Phoenix...and after they leave, I can get down to some serious mini work! Christmas is on it's way, and since I have the outside of Moggie Manor pretty much done, I need to think about holiday decorations! I've already put together a really nice christmas tree that just needs decorating. I can put it out on the balcony of MM since it's an East Side Town House. I'm getting a craving to do a trailer/caravan, gypsy style. So I suppose I'll order one of those, soon. Or perhaps I can talk Zeb into giving it to me for a birthday gift? Heehee! M
  7. Oh Wolfie...I am so sorry to hear of your losses. Life can be so hard. I'm glad you have good friends around you, to help you through this trying time. I haven't been on the forums either..this past year has been a stinker for me too, but nowhere near as difficult a time as yours. I hope we can both get back into action soon...it'll be good therapy. Thinking of you. Praying for you, too. Merri
  8. I'm way behind on my mini-work. I've been pretty ill, with multiple health issues. It's been a very rough year, so everything has been put on hold, including Moggie Manor, until I am able to play catch-up. Right now I'm recuperating from surgery on my legs, and have fallen so far behind in everything including mini-crafting In the meantime, I've been doing a bit of lurking whenever I am able to sit at the pc...WOW, you are all doing a fantastic job on your projects. Here's hoping I can get back into the swing of things in September. I love you all! Merri
  9. Quite a cozy kitchen! I love it!
  10. MerriMagic

vespa2

Whoa! I want a Real Life one of those! But I'd take a miniature too, hehe! Very cool!
  11. MerriMagic

Cardstock siding

It looks great! Who says you have to spend a ton of money to make a house look great? I'm filing this idea away for a future house, LOL!
  12. Boy, I bet nothing gets past these two without an observation! LOL!
  13. That fireplace and firebox are to die for! Excellent choice!
  14. Excellent color choice! It looks awesome!
  15. This poppet's eyes are fascinating...very real in their depth and twinkle. What a marvelous dollmaker you are, Jo. I haven't seen most of these beauties. W O W O W
  16. MerriMagic

Colors

My bay windows are on the bottom. Struggled a looong time before deciding that, because both options are fun. I chose the bottom location for the window, because I wanted an upper balcony for a bedroom, so one of the Bellz sisters could let her kitties have some space to sit and watch the world from above! I can hardly wait to see the progress you make each week!
  17. MerriMagic

Color Scheme

I have this house! You're going to love it when it's finished! I see yours is the halfscale...I was so tempted to get that, buy my eyes are bad and it would be much harder for me to work on. Have fun, you're doing beautifully!
  18. Prayers from me too, hon. I hope everything turns out ok. Know that we're all pulling for her to have a complete recovery.
  19. MerriMagic

florist.jpg

What a cool front porch! Yup, it's a keeper all right!
  20. Wow this house is done in Happy Colors! It's adorable, nice job!
  21. No minis here either. We don't exchange gifts any more. It just got too crazy, and everyone was a wreck by the time the Big Day arrived. Parents give their kids gifts if they're small..but my parents are looong gone, and there's no physical part of me that could be called small any more, 'cept maybe my pinky toenail, LOL. But we had a good day. Everyone went over to my nephew Adam's house. His home seems to have become the Place To Be for family holidays. We had a great dinner, ate way too much, and came home to sleep it off. Happy Holidays, Everyone!
  22. MerriMagic

finished porch

LOL I only just added my doorknobs to Moggie Manor. Your house looks great!