JaimieMarvon

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by JaimieMarvon

1. If anyone remembers this post from YEARS ago.... ( I was looking for other information and came across this) The short story from the very LONG saga is that the mother was most of the problem. She told A LOT of lies, which she taught the children and the father was no special treat himself. They are now divorced. So much BS went on that i disowned her and will never talk to her again. The boy is now a "grown man" and still has so many issues, but is also a constant liar so we do not talk either. Its a long sad story of woe and what I believe might be some bipolar issues, narcissism, etc. The mom even faked a suicide attempt at one point to get the attention of a boyfriend.
  2. Hello Wonderful Dollhouse/Mini friends, some old and new names! I've been away for a bit and just recently began FINALLYYYY getting back into minis. As you can see form my pic I was a Garfield owner. I have to give her up when I moved a few years back and am still very sad about that... but we all have to move on from stuff. I started a "Bookshelf" dollhouse recently. Thought I'd pop over here to say hi again and saw a bunch of friends still active. Going to start being active again in the forum little by little.
  3. Thanks! I just moved it from my bedroom to a squished corner so I could have more space. I didn't think to take new pics of it then. I will take it "apart" again soon adn take photos. Yours looks great too. I love how you added to the Garfield!! I always wanted the Garage with working door for mine.
  4. Yes along the lines of what I was thinking.Just no time for that currently. Keeping all my furniture and other DH supplies.
  5. Thanks Tracy!! Because it is not a "solid" house (built in sections so it could be taken apart to fit through standard doors) It wouldn't be a good idea for children. I don't think I am going to build anymore houses. I'm looking into doing a "dollhouse" in a bookcase or something like that.
  6. I'd probably have to take pics of it to explain it best, but I'll try... When I put the base of the house together I did not glue the rest of the house to it, so there is one part. I figured that was the biggest part so if that was separate I could fit it through a doorway if I had it sideways rather than flat. The back part of the house (Kitchen, bedroom above and attic area above that) are the second section. The front part of the house (living room, dining area, master bedroom/bathroom above, and attic area) are all the biggest section and that fits through a normal door way. The two house pieces fit back into the slots on the base to look well when put together. The roof sections are not too bad either, I have two big sections, plus the porch sections of roof, and they help hold the house together also. Hope that helps! lol I never did take pictures of it apart, but if anyone inquires about it from a purchasing standpoint I will take and post them here also.
  7. looks like it was done for me. Sorry for putting my post in the wrong place. The Garfield is waiting patiently for it's new home...
  8. Thanks!! I searched but nothing came up so I assumed it was deleted!
  9. I posted earlier today, but it looks like it was deleted. My post about looking for a new home for my neglected Garfield and had a link to a Craigslist post. I know it's been a while since I was on the forum, but was my post not allowed...?? Why was it deleted without even a note to tell me? Confused....
  10. Hello Dollhouse enthusiasts! I have not posted in quite a long time..... I am finding myself in a "pickle". I built my Garfield around 2006 and LOVED every minute of it. Posted lots of pics and met wonderful people on the forum and got amazing advice from experienced builders. I have gone through many changes in my life since then and the Garfield has moved with me from NJ to FL and 3 apartments since then. Unfortunately, the beautiful house takes up so much space and I find I don't have much left in our small apartment. I am hoping to find someone who can give "her" a new home. I placed a listing on Craigslist here: http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/art/3044931466.html. I am located near Tampa, FL. If anyone is interested feel free to contact me through the Craig's list ad. I see that most of the pics in my old posts are gone, but still a couple in my gallery. I can also send more pics either current of from when I was building it. Thanks everyone! Jaimie
  11. I haven't been here in a while so I'm forgetting where to list this. Feel free to move to correct place (Thanks!) I have a BUNCH of mags on eBay ENDING in about 4-5 hours. Many Vintage Nutshell News and American Miniaturists from 2004-2006. Come take a look. http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/jmarvon THANKS!!
  12. Darn! I searched and didn't find it so I figured I was the first to post. Oh well. Always nice to visit Greenleaf!
  13. Hi all. I had to pop in and pass this along. Has anyone seen this? Its is AMAZING! http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/look/look...-benning-057296 http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/20...se.html?ref=rss http://www.cbc.ca/arts/artdesign/story/200...-dollhouse.html and then I found her on MySpace. If youa re able to view it she has many pics of her other art work. Cool stuff! http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=55625772 I think about you all often and I miss my dollhouse days. Its still there... just tucked away with not much time to work on it.
  14. Hi friends. I saw the post and I wanted to chime in about this topic. Not that I know alot about the subject, just that I've had some experience in it. My grandmother had some sort of Alz/demitia. Not sure which, I don't think she was ever truly dianosed. She was about only about 55-60 when it started around 1985. I was only 15 at the time. Unfortunatly at the beginning stages our family was all dealing with my aunt (her daughter/mom's younger sister) who got sick and diagnosed with bone marrow cancer. My aunt rapidly got worse and died within 4-6 months. I don't know if this traumatic even helpeed trigger her disease or not. Less than 2 yrs after that Grandpa moved them down to FL to retire. She was practically cut off from her family. My mom and her remaining sister and brother didn't really know what was going on because he never told anyone or asked for help. He took care of her for the most part and My mom and aunt came down and tried a to help take her to drs and stuff. In the early 90's I moved to FL and actualy lived with them for a while. I was about 19-20 at the time. That was a very difficult time for me. Grandma didn't know who I was. According the nurse at her "adult day care".. the theory was I was just some woman in her husband's home. Grandma would pace in the from hall between the front door, living rooma dn hallway to the bedrooms. When I tried to walk around the house she would run at me and litterally PUNCH me, just once and walk away, then start pacing again. I had friends that would come to the house and she did it in front of them too. The strange part was if it was a MALE friend... she KNEW WHO I WAS!! She would walk over and put her arms on my tell them "This is my grandaughter. I lover her." Grandpa being the a** that he was (not ever seeing it happen) basically called me a liar. My grandfather is a stouborn A** of a man who has had "outs" with all of his children for LONG periods of time. When the HIPPA laws came into effect Grandma was in a nursing home. He quickly took advantage of it put a stop to any and all family being able to call to find out how she was doing, being that we were all in NJ. The last time I saw my grandmother was over 4 years ago. I was visiting my cousin in Orlando FL. I rented a car and drove 2 hours in pouring rain to go see her. She was so thin from not eating (I remember her bast a a short portly woman), but the nurses told me that her "health" was decent. My Grandmother passed away last year after over 20 years of the "disease". I wasn't told about it until almost a week later. There was no service for her. About 9 months later my grandfather showed up at my mother's house on a Sunday afternoon. He was in their driveway when they came home from church. After about 10 years of not speaking to my mom (for what ever assinine reason of his) he finally decided that "life is too short" to not speak to them any more. My mother says sh has put it all behind adn "forgiven" him. I cannot imagine doing that. I see him at her house occasionally and the only thing wrong with him that I can tell is his hearing. June was the anniversary of her death and they met at the Naval Cementary for a brief "memorial" of sorts. My Mom didn't invite me .. probably becasue she knew I'd be way to mad at him to be able to grieve properly for my grandmother. By the way my father's mother has it as well. She is still alive and in a nursing home in upstate NY. She had 11 children and over 50 grand and great-grandchildren. The last time I saw her with a bit of her faculties she looked me and said "Which one are you?" when I said "Hello Grandma." Kind of makes me chuckle only because I think any grandmother withthat many grandchildren might have said hte same thing! It was about 5 years ago. I have seen her since then and she has gotten much worse. So I have it on both sides. I wonder if it skips a generation??? What is the chance that I will have it? My mother is now around tha age whne HER mother started showing signs. I've asked her on many occasions if she hasever looked into testing for signs of it in her and she change the subject. Sorry. Probably not what anyone wanted to read as it isn't very informative and not helpful at all. But I really needed to "say" it. I've had no one to talk to about any of this for 20 years. I was too young when it started and time had gone by for so long without having contact we were all left to deal with it on our own. I've cried through writing this whole post and feel a bit like I've done some grieving.. so thank you for reading...and good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
  15. ok, so I've been "missing in action" for a while but I watched CSI tonight and HAD to come here to fnid out what everybody is saying. I've surprised there aren't more comments. I thought the episode was great. I can't wait until next week. I missed the trailer. It didn't record. I'll just have to wait. Hope all my Mini friends are doing well. So many things to do and not enough time in LIFE to have much fun, especially for mini time. I have really missed chatting wiht everyone and playine with my DH. I'll get back to it soon I hope. Life really will settle down eventually.
  16. FYI - I have the Spring 2007 catolog right in front of me and there is no coupon code for Memorial Day sale on the back. I can't afford to buy anything right now anyway! But I'm sure it will come via email maybe Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.
  17. Hi Linda! I just recently started reading and posting again. Wanted to add my 2 cents about the situation. LOL The person that dropped them off at your door should definately have had more consideration for you that to just drop them off. You should have been ASKED if you wanted to take care of them, or asked for your opinion. Rather than bringing the kitties to a shelter or vets office. My opinion is that the people had somewhat of a concious, but took the lazy way out, and just pawned it off on you... wiping their hands of the little creatures. Any chance you want to take a trip to Tampa with a kitty? I'll take one! We only have one (boy, age 5... both kitty and Human son!) right now and I think he'd like to have a playmate. Best of luck to you!!
  18. Hello everyone. I haven't been online in a while. My "new Life" in Tampa is very time consuming adn I haven't had much time for my miniatures, much less reading the forum everyday... BUT I did make time to record CSI and I just watched it. I knew there would be wonderful discussion here so I had to make time to be a part of it! LOL ME TOOO!! It looked awesome. All that space and all those tools, magnifiers, etc. I was so jealous! I love how when they go to her apt to catch her, but she's gone out the window to the ally, they show the blonde cop turning around slowly and looking at the room in amazement! I recorded it on cable box, (forgetting what the digital recording is called at the moment) and I am going through frames in very slow motion!! Unfortunately the words are ever so slightly blurred, making reading very difficult! One of the email addresses listed is "abby551@myvvcc.net" and a "corgilover@myvcc.net". I caught a glimsp of the name of the website. It said "___modelmarket.com" "...for all things small and small". Again, unfortunately the top left of the screen is cut off (probably on purpose). When Grissom posts on that site about the special braclet, he gets a response for a website called http://www.schustershobbies.com. I check it out and it does not exist. I did a Google search on "schuster's hobbies" as well and there is nothing. The address for Schuster's Hobbies is listed as well. It is 1423 Gelson Road, Las Vegas, NV 89151. I did a map search on that too. Nothing came up for that street name but there is a Gerson Ave, different zip code. I also was able to catch that when he was looking at posts about jewlery there were 3. I saw the dates on the last 2. One was dated 10/21/02 and the other was 6/28/04. Not too much traffic on that website! LOL I found this website when searching for "schuster's hobby shop" http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?arti...281474977003290. Some interesting notes on the episode. I was think of all of you as I watched the episode tonight. I miss you guys and talking about miniatures non stop! Hope everyone is doing well!!! I did manage to do a bit of work on my Garfield. I took out hte wall paper from my teenager-doll. It was too dark. I just put a light colored purple cardstock in for now. I'm thinking that since its a teenager's room I will be putting posters of actors and such on the walls. My favorite era is the 80's so I'll be looking for the same type of posters I had on MY walls!!! ;)
  19. He's not tyranical. And if he's trying to see if I can cut it, its nto workign, cause he hardly gives me any work. So I'm definatley not taking anything home with me. I made the decision Tuesday night and spoke to hubby about it. I am leaving this "temp to perm" job for several reasons. The "nice guy", Fernando, got promoted and is moving back to Orlando. He was my buffer and he was the one who was helpful enough to tell me things I need to know about the company and the job specifically. The "big" boss is so brash and inconsiderate, It seems like he expects me to know how he wants me to do the job by osmosis! I've been BORED out of my mind all week and I have nothing to do. Taking very few phone messages whil waiting fo rhim to come back from playing raquet ball, or talking to everyone under the sun about his fishing boat and vacation next month. There is no possibility of getting hired perm for at least 3 months. I also realized the other day that its and hour commute each way and my son is at day care for 11 hours. That is WAY too long! I have to wake my 4 1/2 year old up at 6 am and now its still dark when I bring him to school. I hardly have 15 minutes to spend with him at night, besides eating dinner before he has to go to bed. I called the agency and told them today. Said I wanted to leave but I'd give it till Friday so the company was not left in the lurch. I waited all day for the call to come to the boss and it never came. Oh well. I've done my duty. Being a temp to perm job I don't need to even givin any notice at all. I just wish I didn't fell so responsible to have to go back tomorrow and Friday. :lol: Thanks for listening everyone!
  20. Had mine out when I was in my 20's. I was a smoker. I smoked after the procedure. I got dry socket AND an infection. It was so horrible that I could not open my mouth more than a piece of paper! I had to have another surgery to fix the problems. Because I could not open my mouth they had to pry it open. And because my roommate had sliced some melon paper thin for me (I was starving from not eating!) they could not anesthetize me. They had to CRANK my mouth open … one click at a time. Ten times more excruciating than “just” dry socket. Hubby had all 4 removed just 2 years ago. He’s a smoker. I explained to him weeks before that he would not be able to smoke afterwards. I knew he wouldn’t listen. And as usual I was right! Al; he kept saying was that I was nagging him. He was so looped from the anesthesia that he tried to light up as soon as we left the office! Needless to say 3 days later he had dry socket and cried like a baby! And a week later when he was feeling better I said “I told you so!” :lol:
  21. Irene!!! I miss you and our trips to the Christmas Tree Store! I love the truck. Can you mail one down to me in Florida? (JK!) LOL
  22. I actually HAVE "talked" to Fernando (Educational Director). He's the "too nice guy" so he just does his job well and deals with the VP guy. The VP is like a tornado! LOL I thank you all for your words of support. I do plan on trying to say something, but I have to get my nerve up to do it. And I know that as much as I rehearse my words that when I actually get to that point I will be so nervous that it will not come out anywhere near what I had planned on saying. But I absolutely WILL do it, then see how things go. If it doesn't get better I will not be staying. I just really hope that it works out. such great benefits, and huge company, plus the $$. The cost of living in FL is so much lower than in NJ I am lucky to find something that is just about what I was making in NJ. Thanks again for your words and well wishes! So nice to hear Kathie!! Even if I wasn't working with the company! I haven't learned enough about the products yet. But I have an idea of when you are talking about. Good luck to your husband for a LONG healthy life!
  23. With our move from NJ to FL now under my belt for almost 2 months now and I started a temp to perm ob two weeks ago; making almost the same as I was in NJ (WHA HOOW!); I hada a little time to dive in and get something done. I am an Executive Admnistrative Assistant for the Vice Pres. of the entire Florida Region and the Educational Director of an international company called Medtronic (makes pacemakers and such). I felt good to do the work and I even have a very small injury from it. LOL All I did was make the oval windows larger and octagon shaped to fit the windows I bought over 6 months ago. I started out trying to put some more stuff away in my little craft room. Unpacking a few more of the boxes in there. I came across the windows I bought before we moved and never got to them. I made a lot of sawdust and I'll have some cleaning up do to tomorrow, but I'm happy that I did it. We'll see how long this temp to perm job lasts. I think I've got a good chance of being offered it perm, but do I want it? The main boss the VP, basically expects me to know the job and his preferences by osmosis ! Doesn't even give me time to give him messages or ask him a question! Just says "you need to do this". He's also very intimidating and rushes around so much and he's a bit intimidating the way he talks to me. I've never had to deal with anyone like that. My last several bosses have been kind enough and understood there is a learning curve with a new job. I'm thinking that the only way to solve the problem is to sit downn and tell him straight out. I'm not going to go to a job everyday that I'm "afraid" of what I may do "wrong" and get repremanded. I am a DAMN great Admin and I do not need to take that kind of treatment. By the way... I'm the 3rd temp to perm person put into that position. The others were not as qualified as me, as told to me by the agency, and the Educatin Director and I get along very nicely. He's a "nice guy" personality, night and day from the VP! Anyway... hope everyone is doing well. I've got to get to bed. Whew, all that work I did tonight made me sleepy. LOL
  24. Hi all. I've been quiet for a while, after a big move from NJ to FL, settling in and looking for work, ect. But I saw this post adn HAD to comment. I worked for Staples for 8 years. I was an admin for Sales and know this product WELL. I LOVE it. I use it all the time and have used it MANY different way. I wanted to let you all know that there is a repositionable version too. It sticks well until you move it and then sticks well in the new place. The product itself is very thin. If you want to use it on carpeting for the dollhouse you may try to use more than one "coat". Be careful if you get it on your fingers, its very sticky, not like super glue, but takes a bit of scrubing to get it off your fingers! LOL Go to Staples! It will probably be cheaper!
  25. I was confused when I saw this post! The I figured out hat it my anniversary of joining Greenleaf, not my wedding anniversary!! But thank you anyway! LOL Wow has it been a year already??? Still looking for work and getting my craft room organized. Going well on both. I may have a second chance at a job I interviewed for previusly or at least another position in that same company. Got a bunch of interviews lined up for the coming week.