LouMorgan

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by LouMorgan

1. Happy Holidays everyone, it's the Solstice for us but looking forward to Christmas as well. I've not been around much lately as I've had an operation on my arm so my plans to finish my dollshouse this year came to nothing, however on the plus side I have three months off work....paid and expect to be able to use my arm again in a months time so will be undertaking two months of "therapy" building my house I hope you all have a wonderful holidays and don't work too hard xxxxx
  2. LouMorgan

Louisa's miniatures

Miniatures I have collected for my 1:24 dollshouse (under construction).
  3. LouMorgan

1:24 vampire

From the album: Louisa's miniatures

I'm proud to present my 1:24 vampire who is going in my coffin made by Kate Pinsett in the UK. She will be displaying it in Miniaturia before sending it me if anyone over here wants to go and have a look.
  4. We are creating a moon garden for the front garden of the house, it will have all white flowers and shrubs, we are off to see the white garden at Sissinghurst castle created by Vita Sackville-West to get some ideas. The flowers are luminous in moonlight or at dusk and look quite magical. The back garden is more of a hot tropical, colourful and vibrant place, quite the opposite. It's nice to have the mix. http://www.invectis.co.uk/sissing/sswhite.htm
  5. Have not done anu minis for a couple of months sadly as there is just too much work on with our remaining house renovation and garden which is large by UK standards and requires constant work. We're off to Amsterdam for a week's holiday, they have a tulip festival over there on at the moment and I want to get some specimens for my moon garden (all white flowers). And then off to Sissinghurst gardens for some ideas - they have a white garden there I want to look at. So much to do so little time :-)
  6. Those floorboards are so pretty and shiny.
  7. LouMorgan

1:24 bookstand

From the album: Louisa's miniatures

Another of Andreas creation - lovely and tiny. She also sent me some free aged parchments handmade with my order which was a lovely surprise. Here is her blog link: http://andrea-thieck-miniatures.blogspot.co.uk/
  8. From the album: Louisa's miniatures

Have finally arrived from Andrea Thieck in Berlin, they are gorgeous and actually work. I wouldn't want to shut the boxes too often as they are very delicate and tiny, I had to put on my magnifying glasses to get a good look :-)
  9. I love to see children with their animal friends, very cute.
  10. LouMorgan

Paddling!

Happy days :-)
  11. These are great, I love them. I guess I could do some 1:24 ones but would need smaller tubing.
  12. I would so LOVE a really big dollshouse but english homes are tiny compared to american homes and there is no way I would fit one in unless I started getting rid of furniture and my husband wasn't so keen on that idea :-D
  13. Witches always used to be known as 'Granny' or 'Mother' plus their names so she could be Granny Weatherwax. She kind of looks like how I imagine that character to be like. The lady looks like a Pamela, not sure about the man, lots of great names above though.
  14. I think the Greenleaf furniture kits are great, you could do wonders with them.
  15. Thanks, it took me a while to collect things that I wanted and find people who sell them and of course the expense of some of the items means I have to save up for a few months but a lot of the furniture I have are cheap kits or things I have made. It may take a few more years to finish but that's half the fun of it. I couldn't dream of creating a house as wonderful as some of the Fairfielders on here but that doesn't matter, I am enjoying the journey so much :-) Go for it.
  16. That's a great idea Holly thank you, I'll give that a go :-)
  17. I always find ebay is great for things like this, I have found some real treasures on there but you have to keep looking.
  18. thank you so much for all your replies, a whole new world has been opened up for me - who would have thought that you could get such wonderful self build kits in such tiny scales, I know what I'll be doing this winter - I must have a duck cottage - not a bad price at all - and save up for one of those beautiful victorian houses. My husband will be so pleased when he sees this (not)
  19. I'm doing a Fairfield too, I get all my stuff from here in the UK: http://www.homesinminiature.co.uk/ They have pretty much everything you could ever want. There is so much choice in 1:24 over in England now, when I started this 20 years ago there was almost nothing.
  20. Hi everyone, I'm looking for a 1:24 dollshouse house. I can't find one anywhere, does anyone know where I can get one either in the UK or abroad, I don't feel up to making one that small :-/
  21. LouMorgan

Vampire tower

Annoyingly I put in the wallpaper 20 years ago before this house was sent to languish in the attic but don't like it now and it is stuck on fast. Never mind, will think of some way to cover it all up.
  22. I love this, I did a starry ceiling in my ritual room but not as detailed as this!
  23. Love all of this, it looks like the interior of the mediaval village of Alfriston a mile down the road from my house :-)