chapchap73

Platinum Member
  • Days Won

Everything posted by chapchap73

1. Definitely check out model train sites. They carry a lot of lighting options which can be adapted for our dollhouse world
  2. You are doing a wonderful job with this house. Love the moss on the foundation
  3. So cool. Probably one of the only things that would get me on a plane is the chance to see this house.
  4. Pickett Pond is off to its new home🙂
  5. Caseymini is a member here who built the travel trailer on her blog. She hasn't been active in a while (hope she is well) but her blog is still up and running.
  6. So after a lot of soul searching and being honest with myself, I have decided to sell my Pickett Pond kit. I do not really have the space to display it properly which is a major factor in this decision. This kit comes complete with all the furnishing, wallpaper and miscellaneous accessories. It has been sitting in my stash since I bought it in 2013. I hope someone here can give it the loving home it deserves. PM me for details
  7. I thought it was just fine, but my brother kept saying he was sorry for the cold😂
  8. Spent New Years with my brother and family in Florida. Happy New Year to all my fellow Greenleafers
  9. I would not have thought of that in a hundred years.
  10. How did you get the whole house enclosed? I have never seen one like this, love it
  11. There are also textured spraypaints on the market that look quite realistic in mini. You could spray paint cardstock whatever color you like, and then use your punches or scissors
  12. How is everyone doing now that fall has arrived? I am very happy for cooler temps; summer and I are not friends.
  13. I would definitely say it's MDF based on your description. All the normal things you would do to smooth wood will not work on MDF, it can actually make it worse from what I have experienced. You want to use something that penetrates the fibers again. I might try modpodge or something similar to seal it, then your actual finish on top.
  14. Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoyed it
  15. A sample size can of paint can be found in almost any store that sells paint. Most of them are paint with primer included. I have used them in all my houses with great success
  16. Congrats on the Pickett Hill! Suzanne Andrews retired a few years ago, but I know the Betterlys are still going strong. Robin Betterly designed Pickett Hill as a collaboration with Suzanne. You could definitely reach out to her about directions Robin
  17. There are lots of options as far as flooring. I love wood floor, but my Big House (Vermont Jr) had pre-scored flooring in it that I hated the color of. I roughed up the finish and stained it; they still look great after all these years.
  18. They both look lovely. What did you use for your leading?
  19. Be sure to include a discussion of Francis Glessner Lee, the mother of forensic science.
  20. Kathie, this is the best news I have had for a while. I'm so happy for you
  21. I honestly didn't pay attention either way, but thank you for all the hard work you do. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year🙂
  22. Depends on what accessories/color the room will be. If you make it black, it may overpower everything else