JenniferKennedy

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by JenniferKennedy

1. Wonderful! Use the smallest needle! & I used one strand of embroidery thread. The kit comes with tiny plastic tubes that you can cut and slide over the needle to “size” the loop. Wonderful little treasure to have! I actually researched the kit after I shared the photo and was amazed at how expensive it was. I am certain I paid no more than $40 15 years ago. It will last forever!
  2. Thank you. I purchased this little punch needle kit 15yrs or so at a small cross stitch store. Maybe you can use the information on the label to search? Good Luck!
  3. Thank you Gee Gee! Very sweet words!! Follow me on Pinterest “Jennifer Loves Miniatures”. There is a board for the Beacon hill as well as my current project “stone cottage from scratch”
  4. How wonderful is this forum?? I've been thinking about half scale for a while now, and decided to ask your thoughts.... opened the "general Mini Talk" link and presto, here it is! Ill spend the afternoon reading this thread! Thanks!!
  5. Thanks Debora! Its paint, acrylic!
  6. I started here: but I didnt use any glue (got way too messy) I used wire instead of pins (the clay stuck like glue) and instead of rolling them in my hand, I put the little balls on a flat shiny surface and tap-tapped them with my finger tip until one end magically curled up... they formed wonderful little petals! No need for glue at all! Amazingly easy!!
  7. I did!! I searched Pinterest for printable book covers, printed a bunch... brushed them with Modge Podge & cut them out. A handful I added a few snipped strings to the spine for dimension. Cut a bunch of little wood rectangle wood pieces, glue them up!
  8. JenniferKennedy

My First Dollhouse - Beacon Hill

Going for the "French Country/ shabby" feel. I know nothing about the actual Beacon Hill's "history", I just like the house and I like the older "loved" style :D No rules, right?!
  9. From the album: My First Dollhouse - Beacon Hill

Finally got the exterior complete! Now to work on details!
  10. From the album: My First Dollhouse - Beacon Hill

Working on roses that will climb up the right front side of the house! Polymer clay is just as easy as paper, and is much more permanent!
  11. From the album: My First Dollhouse - Beacon Hill

Potting Bench for Conservatory!
  12. From the album: My First Dollhouse - Beacon Hill

Made a bookshelf for all those little books, the little corner shelf was one that I had, simply painted it to match.
  13. Lovely! Looks so beautiful in white! Wonderful job!
  14. Thank you! I don't think that the one on Greenleaf's site is 1/144 scale, that's why it's so high (unless I'm missing something).. But I did go and look at miniatures.com and they don't have it now, I just ordered it a few weeks ago! They do have some nice ones though, maybe you ask them if they'll be getting more.
  15. From the album: My First Dollhouse - Beacon Hill

I made a dollhouse for my dollhouse! This was a wonderful little kit! Fairly easy, pieces fit perfectly! So much fun!! (The Beacon Hill 1/144th scale kit by North Eastern Scale Models, Inc. purchased at miniatures .com)
  16. WOW!!! This is wonderful! Thanks for details, I may have to refer back to this one!
  17. From the album: My First Dollhouse - Beacon Hill

Now I just need to finish the library, AFTER I finish the exterior (next week, I promise!) I love that I can stop with something boring and do little fun side jobs whenever I want! Paper, fabric, clay, wood, WHATEVER I'm in the mood for! BEST. HOBBY. EVER!
  18. I used a sheer like cotton (it was a curtain panel I'd picked up at a thrift store, great place to find unique fabric cheap!). The draping I'd done by soaking it with a good dose of Aleen's Stiffen Quick, I then used skewers to manipulate the folds until I liked the way they looked... Let dry over night and it stiffened and the drape stays! Tried to upload an image but it wouldn't let me :(
  19. From the album: My First Dollhouse - Beacon Hill

Made a bed from scratch, it's a little gaudy, I know...hopefully I can make it work in the room. I used jewelry findings for the "carvings" on the headboard and footboard... The neutral linens tone it down a little, I think, I hope, lol. (I used fabric stiffener to stiffen the draped fabric) The little tufted bench was a booger!!
  20. The wood grain helped, used a little coffee to stain some (haha it was close bye), a sharpee, maybe gold paint on one or two. Thanks!
  21. Nice shot ;) I think he's perfect, came out of surgery looking great!