mk56

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by mk56

1. The Poster Child for Christmas Shopping! Congrats, Barbara! I hope you accomplishing your goal has resulted in a little less stress and more time to enjoy your loved ones this time of year. But my excuse is I have a gene you don't have that caused me not get my shopping done. I have the procrastination gene! That's my xcuse and I are stickin' with it!
  2. Freddie, do you check the Ebay and craigslist thread in General Mini Talk? Folks post there finds of all different companys' houses. Duracraft has been mentioned. If you don't mind paying for shipping you might find a good deal there. Good luck and happy hunting!
  3. I find this topic disgusting. The discussion of the inhumane killing of animals like that that's going on here regarding glue traps makes me nauseous. Then to read the detailed telling of the dispatching of a poor animal that had been left to suffer for three weeks in such a trap breaks my heart and angers me at the insensitivity of just not thinking. The only reason I don't complain to Administration is I try to keep an open mind vs closed. My trash may be someone elses treasure. If I don't like the topic, I don't need to come here. Death and trapping is an inappropriate subject like religion and politics. It's a hot button. There are people that value the life of any animal and their inhumane death is extremely painful. If you just HAVE to do it, please use a regular trap so their death is quick and painless. Thanks for allowing my my opinion and voicing it. As you will.
  4. Debra, and to you and yours! Thanks for the warm wishes.
  5. Kelly, I can't decide if you're having a Charlie Brown Christmas or a Home Alone Christmas. You're killing me here! :rofl:You put your troubles in a very humorous way. I don't do Christmas shopping. No one to buy for, no money to buy if I did Christmas shop. Christmas is just another day on the calendar for me. No turkey, no dressing, no cranberry/orange cranberry sauce, no smashed 'taters, no gravy, no pie and DEFINITELY NO green bean casserole as I cannot STAND the stuff. No laughs, no peeps, no merry Christmas wishing. It's all a matter of which side o'the fence you're on - I wish I had Christmas shopping to do. I would be thrilled to excitedly wrap a gift I'd bought with love for someone I love and get all excited with anticipation about their opening it.
  6. Trish, you're funny! Thanks much for the link. I'll go check it out.
  7. mk56

Solstice

Stays light here until about 9:45 PM on the longer days of summer! I, me, never thought you sounded like you were knocking the solstice. Thass my take!
  8. mk56

Classic Bungalow

Classic Bungalow. First house..
  9. mk56

From the album: Classic Bungalow

First colors. Red and yellow are okay. But the green is too green, too dark, too bright. Need a dusky moss green. I could go with these colors but it's not what's in my mind.
  10. I did, Selkie!!! Had to fiddle-fart with it in Photobucket, but I did it! The yellow looks too brite in this pic, but it's not that brite. It's duskier. The red's fine. I mean, the colors - I think - do look well together but it's not what's in my head. ("Yeah, we KNOW what's in your head, mk. ROCKS!") I could go with the green, but I don't wanna. (pout) First pic and show of progression on house! I've got a feeling that dark green is gonna be a witch to paint over. (sigh) Actually, what's red is one of the arches, not a brace. That, too, is gonna be a fun time to cover (I bet) as it's not supposed to be red but yellow. I screwed up and forgot when looking for something I need to paint red to show you the colors.
  11. I just LOVE it. To me, just my opinion, it's the best thing you've done or ever will do. Family stuff like that just gets me in the heart.
  12. mk56

50th Christmas 04

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the MEANING in that decoration! And made by you. I hope that stays in your family for generations and generations. It's stunning.
  13. mk56

50th Christmas - 01

Oh my god. HOW did you change that! It looks remarkable! So beautiful in looks as well as sentiment.
  14. Oh, man! The anticipation is gonna kill me as I wait! I wanna know NOW!
  15. mk56

Solstice

Christmas, Easter, Halloween... can't think if I'm forgetting any - are all based on Pagan holidays. When the Christians tried to convert the Pagans way, way long ago, the Christians met a wee bit of resistance. So they put a Christian spin on Pagan holidays to help move things along and I guess it worked. I can't say the winter Solstice is a holiday for me, but it is very very important. In the winter I can fall asleep at 6:00 PM. In the summer, you won't find me snoozing until midnight or so. And I wake up at 3:30, 3:45 AM when the beedawees begin to wake up and begin chirping. I'm lucky if my REM sleep is abating by 8:00 AM in the winter! If I can make it to the Solstice w/o becoming overly depressed I figure I've got it made in the shade. I can't tell the days are getting long for awhile, but just KNOWING makes me feel so much better. Oh, and ittiz Monday here - enjoy the extra few seconds of sunshine today! The days are getting longer!
  16. Bummer. By the name of this topic, Art, I thought YOU were going SHOPPING to buy ME presents! What a disappointment.
  17. I'm going to look it up. I really like mysteries and it sounds like I'd like this one.
  18. I've not seen the Heidi Ott dolls. I'll have to take a gander at them. I thought she did just baby dolls or is known for them??? Or am I thinking of someone else?
  19. Well, I got a photo but when I post it here it's too big and I don't know how to reduce it. Bummer.
  20. You go, girlfriend! I've no want to try doing my own dolls. I'm glad you're proud enough of your artwork to admit that you're kind'a good at it. Nothing wrong in politely saying you think you're good at something. People don't give themselves credit often enough. GOOD FOR YOU!
  21. Wonderful! Can't wait to see them. Have you named them yet?